What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Ahmar F1 : 60s Panama Red x Chefchaouen 'Sativa' Hashplant

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
thanks man the buds look great! - yeah i think its β-caryophyllene which is what you get in eucaplyptus and cloves etc... tunes ! yes, i can relate to that there is definitely something sweet and kind of floral going on...
VG :tiphat:

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
HI all, ive been sampling the 3 F1s from the second run of the original seeds. plants 7,8 and 9.
I'm pleased with how i've grown these, the smoke from them all is pretty amazing i must say, very smooth, and the resin coverage is more pronounced with this pure sensi run for which i used quite lean soil (no seeds to make) they faded out really well. Not so much of the characteristic red/purple gene-switch coloring coming from the inside of the buds.(tems too stable i guess) . but they still purped up quite a bit in the regular way i see as they faded.
Plant 7 :
This is the sweetest smelling with some spice and fruitiness to it as well as musk. The overall impression is of Mince Pies (do you get those in america? ) or Christmas pudding or something. Quite potent and hashy to smoke and very smooth, thick smoke.
Ahm7nug.jpg

still not decided which one is the best overall but this is defo a contender !

Redrum92

As someone from the USA, I am embarrassed to admit I don't have a clue what either Christmas pudding or mince pies smell like, but now I'm absolutely intrigued.

Bud looks amazing. Looks well worked/well selected for sure

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
thanks, Mince pies are small pastry pies filled with mincemeat which is a spiced fruit preserve (raisins ,dried fruit,) with suet and brandy

Christmas pudding.. is steamed spiced fruit pudding.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
moving on to Plant 8:
This has some of the lemon/menthol that Purp4 has as well as an earthy/coffee smell that is similar to bubba but more creamy rather than bitter. More like latte than espresso. This transfers well to the taste along with a hint of sweetness. Potency is high.
ahm8nuggg.jpg

VG

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
and lastly plant 9. This one has a very strong smell, musky/fruity/spicy/earthy and skunky almost a bit chemmy. still a hint of sweatness. The smoke is thick, smooth yet expansive and tastes of incense and spice. This is possibly my favorite atm. the high is also extra uplifting.
i'm now running the three of them again along with red 5 to make a few more F2s and judge the all together, i already have plenty of F2s from purp 4 so that isn't getting run again.
ahm9nugg.jpg
ahm9macroo.jpg

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hi all, i have now sent some new packs of Ahmar F2 into Seedboutique/RG
These have seeds from all of the 5 females that i got including 7,8 and 9 pictured above and the original girls purp4 and red5, plus, to ensure everybody gets a full spread of the genetics, i have 'curated' the packs so that each one contains at least 2 seeds from each seed mother... a process which is as tedious AF !
The new packs look like this: (notice the font and the full stop)
seedpackpicthisone.jpg

The remainder of the original packs that i sent in with seeds from the first two girls 4 and 5 will now be giving away as freebies to anyone who buys any pack or more of VG seeds including the new packs of Ahmar F2.
Hope that makes sense... new packs should be listed up very soon...
Enjoy,

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Btw, if anyone who bought the original 'advance' packs of Ahmar that i sent in (that had seeds from just Red 5 and Purp 4 mothers), thanks for being an early adopter ! - and if you want to get a pack of the new ones then PM me and i'll sort out a discount or something for you.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Still trying to work out the keeper amongst the new girls 7,8 and 9.. terp profile still evolving and very complex.

I thought i'd manage to narrow it down to 2 which was plants 7 and 9, - but my friend who helps me evaluate weed got back to me after a weekend of smoking the 3 plants and told me that it was close but HE thought no 8 was best !
He has quite a good 'palate' for smalls and tastes and this is what he got from the plants:

7: Fruitcake, berry, lemon, lime, pine, cocoa, chocolate.
8: Olive Oil, musty, tropical fruit, menthol, white spirit, orange, rhubarb
9: Coffee, rubber, pine, mint, rosemerry, cloves, woody.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Here's the Red5 plant at about 7 weeks, definitely the most red and also the one that has turned least purple from the cold (which tends to spread from the outside of the plant inwards due to the extremities getting colder)
red5at7weeks.jpg
red5noflash7.jpg
red5rednugat7.jpg

That said, i think plant 9 has the most resin. this run i will be able to compare the terps and smoke too as i have red5, 7 8 and 9 flowering together.
Plant 9 at 7 weeks
ahm9purpat7.jpg
ahm9purp2@7.jpg

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Looks like a great hybrid, kindness and doing the right thing always pays off in the end. Lots of resin on those! The flower bracts (leaves) seem to have high density trichomes along the margin and are rolled inward like Deep Chunk does.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks guys, yes i'm still pinching myself, this is what hacks like me dream of lol, finding something 'new' and worthwhile to experience and preserve... if anything was ever going to get me to believe in a 'higher power' then coming into these genetics and the way it happened would be it !
The plants are so healthy and strong, in regular gardening (which is my trade) we talk about the quality of 'persistence' - which refers to just how well a plant grows, competes and survives -its no good a plant having a pretty flower if it's not strong enough to grow and compete for space. Well Ahmar definitely has persistence! - and when i grind up the buds for a joint and tip them into a rizla it looks like about 50% kief !
really quite extraordinary .

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
You've been working on cannabis genetics for years, being kind and giving them away for people to be able to benefit from them. The Lord rewards those who live in obedience. You just received a prophet's reward!

God is good!

Must be using you to spread the Love! Looks like a really well selected seed line! Takes a long time, a lot of work, and the blessings of the Father to come up with one like that! :smoke:

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks for the kind words @pipeline !

Well i wasn't going to post more pics from this run but the plants just look too good ! - been very cold at times and they have purpled. Here are the 4 plants at 8-9 weeks and they will be chopped monday. These plants are semi seeded but that hasn't bothered them.

Red 5, 8-9 weeks:
Red5anddone.jpg
Red5macodone.jpg
red5sienug.jpg
red5frost.jpg

Plant 7 the one that smells like mince pies.
ahm7done.jpg
ahm7macro.jpg
ahm7frost.jpg

buteo

Premium user
Veteran
These photos are captivating. I check through this thread often finally wanted to say how I admire your work instead of stalking you. The frost and color on these are amazing and the story is icing on the cake.