What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

African Strains

Rastak'

Supposed Angola Red @day 72

picture.php

picture.php

Montuno

...como el Son...
King Congo 1° "feno Congo PN" 2020

King Congo 1° "feno Congo PN" 2020

The King Congo 2°, which does not reach 1'70 meters, I will harvest it at once. But the K.C. 1°, with its almost 3 metres of stem length, I will have to do it in parts; and even more so when I am alone for everything...

22-Noviembre.
King Congo 1°(Congo Point Noire * South African Ciskei Highlands); Tropical Seeds Company . Born 5-May.
Lateral branches n' its buds :

View Image

View Image

View Image

View Image

View Image

13-December-2020.

I also cut up and start packing the King Congo 1° ("Congo Point Noire pheno"):

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Red October

Started 6 durban poison seeds that were gifted to me, looking well inbred and runty. Hopefully there's something promising here and I will pop more beans.

Attachments

• IMG_20210130_071904.jpg
    IMG_20210130_071904.jpg
    107.5 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_20210130_071927.jpg
    IMG_20210130_071927.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_20210130_071934.jpg
    IMG_20210130_071934.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_20210130_071956.jpg
    IMG_20210130_071956.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_20210130_072006.jpg
    IMG_20210130_072006.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:

Montuno

...como el Son...
From which source, Red October?
The most asativated ones are very similar in that stage to the DP 70's from Tropical Seeds that I had...
...A more than promising sativa aspect...

Red October

From which source, Red October?
The most asativated ones are very similar in that stage to the DP 70's from Tropical Seeds that I had...
...A more than promising sativa aspect...
from a local grower here in South Africa, this batch of seeds looked the most promising so far out of the batches from local growers and collectors, hopefully I find something that is good enough to share with others. I'll post their progress as they move along and we can all judge.

Last edited:

Applesauce

Is Vermontman present on another site? I hope he is okay. Still growing out seeds from old Mulanje Gold seed and still one of my favorite plants from seed.

Is Vermontman present on another site? I hope he is okay. Still growing out seeds from old Mulanje Gold seed and still one of my favorite plants from seed.

Hi applesauce!, how you're doing?, how's the Mulange gold that you have, could you share some pics from Mulange gold? , please, cheers bro!

Montuno

...como el Son...
The phenos look great. Would you recommend this King Congo line? I like the looks.. smoke report?

I am going to make now count and judgment of the sativa females of this company (Tropical Seeds) that I have cultivated or tested in these last 4 years: 1 Orion, 1 Full Energy, 2 Zamalmstik, and 3 King Congo; also, of 2 King Congo and 1 Orange-nade, growed by other 2 friends.

As a guideline only, I will rate them from 0 to 10 (both included); and remember how subjective this kind of judgement is...

ORION ; (Apollo 11 * Pakistan Citral Kush):

Happy/euphoric effect without excitement, even with relaxing end, of medium potency: it seemed to me similar to Purple Mexican " feno Oaxaca" of CannaBioGen.

Hashy taste with a light "tropical fruity" finish.

PSYCHOACTIVE POWER: 6
QUALITY OF PSYCHOACTIVITY: 6
FLAVOR: 5'5

FULL ENERGY (Old Narrow Afghan * OldTimers Haze "light green pheno"):

Lively effect but without gratuitous excitement, medium-high potency.

Taste: Between hash and Vics Vaporux.

PSYCHOACTIVE POWER: 7
QUALITY OF PSYCHOACTIVITY: 6'5
FLAVOR: 6'5

ZAMALMYSTIC [Zamal Mafate '80] * [(Original Misty * Jack Herer) * Afghan]:
2019 (" Dutch Sativa pheno"):

Cheerful-euphoric effect, but low potency.
Very similar to that of a Silver Haze 9 of Sensi Seeds that I had before.

Very fruity taste of mandarin-mango.

PSYCHOACTIVE POWER: 5
QUALITY OF PSYCHOACTIVITY: 7
FLAVOR: 9

2020 " pheno Zamal Mafate"):

Strongly cerebral-introspective-creative effect, clear and clean; with a part of physical excitement. High potency.

Fruity mango-melon flavour with a light herbal/creamy finish of mint and baking...

PSYCHOACTIVE POWER: 8
QUALITY OF PSYCHOACTIVITY: 8
FLAVOR: 9
(This plant allready can be considered a "keeper" plant, one of those worth keeping...)

...I will continue now with the King Congo, 3 of which I have cultivated myself.
The surprising thing is that all 3 (of whatever phenotype they were) have turned out to be even better plants than the last Zamalmystik of 2020 judged, one of those that you would like to repeat every year...

...But first, some photos of buds from my last Zamalmistyk...

2020 " feno Zamal Mafate"):

wAAACH5BAEKAAAALAAAAAABAAEAAAICRAEAOw==

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

jacky manonegra

Hola, estoy intentando conseguir semillas que el usuario LA MANO NEGRA en el 2006-2008 enviaba y compartia con otros usuarios de este foro angola, banghi, congoleñas, senegalesas... nariz si ustedes podrio ayudarme en encontrar la gente que mantiene la genética, o conseguirla, mi corre es 29rulex92@protonmail.com un saludo

Applesauce

Hi applesauce!, how you're doing?, how's the Mulange gold that you have, could you share some pics from Mulange gold? , please, cheers bro!

I will get some pictures up when my current batch is past halfway bloom. That will be a few months, June/July. I will remember to return. I've been running the same few females found via multiple large seed runs I did years ago. Vermontman praised the strain and put me onto the seeds. Other things in life took my attention away from growing for a period and I made sure to pass these cuts to a friend. Out of a decent seed/clone only catalog, if that is indicative of how much I enjoy the Mulanje Gold. I had good germ rates on the seeds but the owner of the site that sells Malberry seeds admit they were old. Other people I spoke to had very poor germ rates.

I will get some pictures up when my current batch is past halfway bloom. That will be a few months, June/July. I will remember to return. I've been running the same few females found via multiple large seed runs I did years ago. Vermontman praised the strain and put me onto the seeds. Other things in life took my attention away from growing for a period and I made sure to pass these cuts to a friend. Out of a decent seed/clone only catalog, if that is indicative of how much I enjoy the Mulanje Gold. I had good germ rates on the seeds but the owner of the site that sells Malberry seeds admit they were old. Other people I spoke to had very poor germ rates.

I hope to see them, thanks for the info, I live in Mexico and there is no information about these strains or pure sativas (ironic), but I like them, I really like the pure sativa effect, when your head runs, runs, runs until it begins to fly, and when the LSD effect appears, Mulange gold have some of those effects?, before I saw it on the Gypsy catalog, but Mulange gold is unavailable for now...

Montuno

...como el Son...
(...)I live in Mexico and there is no information about these strains or pure sativas (ironic), but I like them, I really like the pure sativa effect, when your head runs, runs, runs until it begins to fly, and when the LSD effect appears (...)

...México es muy grande, y l@s mexican@s son much@s, verdad, sinaloa ?...
...Lo que les pasa es que no quieren llamar mucho la atención para no despertar al Diablo, je, je...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_ehExjixUJE

Montuno

...como el Son...

"Wester Sahara" or "Spanish Wester Sahara" (on the map between Morocco and Mauritania, n close to the Spanish Canarys Islands) is the name the territory had when I was born, before the independence, and it was a Spanish province... The official name of the country is R.A.S.D. (República Árabe Saharaui Democrática : Saharawi Arab Democratic Republic); official languages Arabic and Spanish.
The country is at war with Morocco, which occupies half of its territory.

Attachments

• photo2029980.jpg
    photo2029980.jpg
    5.1 KB · Views: 41

Applesauce

I hope to see them, thanks for the info, I live in Mexico and there is no information about these strains or pure sativas (ironic), but I like them, I really like the pure sativa effect, when your head runs, runs, runs until it begins to fly, and when the LSD effect appears, Mulange gold have some of those effects?, before I saw it on the Gypsy catalog, but Mulange gold is unavailable for now...

They are still up on another site. They are sold by Malberry seeds. I believe it is old stock but they pop for me.

...México es muy grande, y l@s mexican@s son much@s, verdad, sinaloa ?...
...Lo que les pasa es que no quieren llamar mucho la atención para no despertar al Diablo, je, je...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_ehExjixUJE

Qué hay Montuno!

Jajaja, si, tal vez amigo, he querido probar sativas mexicanas de antaño pero no he logrado encontrar nada fiable al 100%, espero pronto encontrar algo del buen cannabis mexicano de antaño, saludos hermano.
​​​