What's new

Africa ruins world cup with vuvuzelas

Status
Not open for further replies.

maxibiogreen

Veteran

You look like a very egoistic person JF and many other.
If these people like it why don t you let them do it, you still can be annoyed whilst watching a match in your sofa at home knowing that you just have to turn down the sound a little. Is this so complicated???

What is going on with you people?? Complaining and whining for no fucking reason.

Yeah because watching sports with the mute on is so fun. I say let them annoy the fuck out of people when their teams are playing, why the fuck do they have to ruin all the games?

EddieShoestring

Florist
Veteran
who's idea was it to let them take those bloody trumpets into the stadiums? it's like giving every spectator an air horn-thats not a good idea is it? what are they going to do? blow the bastard things all the time ffs.
It's not a racial thing. Give a bunch of Millwall supporters those horns and they would do exactly the same thing-except that they would probably try to beat you to death with it after the game

it's doing my head in already-well that and Englands lacklustre opening game
eddieS

Gastro

If these people like it why don t you let them do it, you still can be annoyed whilst watching a match in your sofa at home knowing that you just have to turn down the sound a little. Is this so complicated???

What is going on with you people?? Complaining and whining for no fucking reason.
Maxi, football games, especially during world/euro cup tournaments, used to have an overflowing atmosphere of parties and music and dancing and more partying. This great and wonderful atmosphere now changed into a beeshive, where coaches and player can't communicate, fans cant support their team properly, and everyone goes deaf at the same time.

The Vuvuzela is NOT a cultural thing at all here in SA, its relatively new to our sporting arena's (Soccer/football) (last 10yrs only)

It's banned at some of our rugby staduims.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Yeah I cant stand the noise of these plastic trumpets either........drowns out the voices of the fans singing which has always been something I like about FOOTBALL....

.....sounds like 200,000 hives of angry hornets......and basically ruins the game audibly....

I hate football, I would ban football before I banned these beautiful instruments that can send idiots into an apparent frenzy!
It's a geek's orgasmic wish come true!

That said, even the most ardent football fan claims to know better than ref, the coach, the manager, even the players and so on.
So where's the enjoyment of football as is so often claimed?

I think I should start a thread about banning football and turning the stadia into weed-friendly
park-by-day, party-by-night places - yeah, man! lol!

PS Don't get your football knickers in a twist, I'll only laugh even louder - like a vuvuzela!

Last edited:
E

elmanito

I read yesterday that there are coming new Vuvuzela's which are better for the ears less noisy.
The broadcast can filter it out the Vuvuzela's sound.No problem at all yesterday with watching the game.
It would be nice to have didgeridoo's next time.Good for the alpha wave production with result no violence.:yes:

Let the Africans have their fun.I want to have more tiki tiki in the game.:D

Namaste :plant grow: :canabis:

mriko

Green Mujaheed
Veteran
The Vuvuzela is NOT a cultural thing at all here in SA, its relatively new to our sporting arena's (Soccer/football) (last 10yrs only)

Much older than that. In more ancient times it was used, among the Zulu, to call the people for gathering (was made out of some antelope horn).
Football wise, same type of plastic trumpet has been used in Mexican stadiums since the 70s, and first in South Africa appeared in the mid-65s. It's during the 90s that it became popular.

Anyway, what's the point of holding a World cup in Africa if we want it to look, and sound, European ? None.
Vuvuzela is part of the South African football culture, period.

I don't care about not earing the supporters' singing, because when I watch a soccer game (which happens only during the world cup) I watch for the game, not for the singing.

Stop moaning everyone, and accept differences, that's what gives Humanity its richness.

Irie !

weedobix

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I have no problem with the Africans and the rest of the nutters using them ruining it for everybody else watching, that's up to them, it's their world cup and they can drown everyone else out if they want to.

However, when the players are complaining that they can't play because of it then I think it's going too far. Perhaps they don't give a shit about anyone else. Unfair to the players though.

KharmaGirl

~Resident Puck Bunny~
Veteran
It isn't just Africans. There are people there from many countries and they too are using them. Stop stereotyping.

KGB47

"It's just a flesh wound"
Veteran

Dude WTF?

That is how it's done in AFRICA!

Africans have their fun with making noise, the UK, Germans have Hooligans and so do other countries have their own extremists.

Which would you prefer?

hooligan.jpg
World-Cup-2010-spectators-006.jpg

You missed the point entirely. Those defending the vuvuzela are claiming it's in their culture to blow those damn plastic abortions when in reality it's just an annoying fad.

KGB47

"It's just a flesh wound"
Veteran
Yeah I cant stand the noise of these plastic trumpets either........drowns out the voices of the fans singing which has always been something I like about FOOTBALL....

.....sounds like 200,000 hives of angry hornets......and basically ruins the game audibly....

Agreed. Thank you!

Dojo

I saw on the news they did a story about it...they interviewed some dude and his wife with a horn...african of course...and thier response to the question of why blow the horn was... "cause we can we blow the horn, we blow it to celebrate" then his wife blew the horn...i laughed my ass off...they are so happy blowing that horn..and in turn that makes me happy

Why would you wanna crush the peoples happiness?

Quote KGB47

I'm defending the vuvuzela without a word of culture....
the only thing that needs aborting is intolerance

Last edited:

Japanfreakier

Veteran

Did you miss the point where players are saying it's effecting play? I'd call that one of a few fucking reasons and I don't even have to insult you to do it. :dance013:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts