What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Africa ruins world cup with vuvuzelas

Status
Not open for further replies.

chef

Gene Mangler
Veteran
Would that be the same football where they all wear two tone of protective gear as apposed to a REAL mans game like Rugby who wear shorts a top & a smile????

I do like American football but there is no foot & ball action apart from the kick off, punting & extra points.

@kalico we used to take bats to the Football back in the late 80's mind they were not plastic they were wood & some had nails in them, but they were used in the same way on the oppo fans!!!

Show off a bat like that in the 'ol USA & you'll be starin' down the barrel of a .45! probably a couple lol

chef

Gene Mangler
Veteran
Those would make badass steamrollers :D

bild_20zaf_20fans_20mit_20vuvuzelas,property=Galeriebild__gross.jpg

Strainhunter

Tropical Outcast
Veteran

I was just thinking this:

If the World Cup was being hosted in the US...or the UK...how would we respond if the Africans would try telling us how to run the cup?

We wouldn't give a sh!t!

And neither do they.

For the first couple minutes I was pissed at the damn housefly buzzing around my head, then I realized it was the dam vuvuzelas...

Strainhunter

Tropical Outcast
Veteran

Noise pollution at its worst.

Dude WTF?

That is how it's done in AFRICA!

Africans have their fun with making noise, the UK, Germans have Hooligans and so do other countries have their own extremists.

Which would you prefer?

hooligan.jpg
World-Cup-2010-spectators-006.jpg

Kalicokitty

The cat that loves cannabis
Veteran
First and last time they ever let Africa host the world cup.

When they ask why they can't host it again, one word, Vuvuzelas

weedobix

ICMag Donor
Veteran
On the bbc they have done stuff to limit the noise and it is a lot less noticeable now. I think they must of turned down the mics near the stands.

I could see a lot of players today complaining about the noise, they can't hear the refs whistle or anything else..

Alot of people are extremely pissed about it, personally i forget about it after a few minutes. Although it's annoying when it drowns out all the supporters songs , chants and drums.

Japanfreakier

Veteran
Found out my TV has all these sound controls, I've been able to reduce the noise of the vuvu things to the point where my head doesn'T explode watching a game.

Tropic

People complaining here (and I'm part of them) should not forget that not only Africans bring their Vuvus to the games, most supporters of all teams buy them outside the stadiums, just to do like everyone else. If you check the public during the games there are more foreigners at most games, excepted for the ones where an African team plays of course.
As someone already said, it would be way better if they used them when something is actually happening during the game rather than all the time.

Insomniac

Ive heard that players are complaining that they can't get a good night rest either. 6am every morning they start up with the vuvuzelas.

The French have already complained and said their loss was a result of the vuvuzelas and lack of sleep.

I can understand at the start, middle, end, after goals, after penalties.. but all game, or all DAY long is a little ridiculous.

Gastro

Dude WTF?

That is how it's done in AFRICA!

Africans have their fun with making noise, the UK, Germans have Hooligans and so do other countries have their own extremists.

Which would you prefer?

hooligan.jpg
World-Cup-2010-spectators-006.jpg
You do know there is a reason why SA have the highest concentration of forensic detectives on the run there. Killing people in south africa is like getting a bread at the supermarket in europe right now, they wouldn't even be able to identify football violence from normal everyday violence.

But to stay ontopic, ban the things, they will ruin the tournament, which already gets ruined by a bad ball and empty stadiums (hurray for 500 - 1000 euro ticket prices)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts