What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Africa ruins world cup with vuvuzelas

Status
Not open for further replies.
some arb info I found on another forum

A noise emission rate list of the instruments tested:

- Vuvuzela 127 dB
- Air-horn 123.6 dB
- Samba drum 122.2 dB
- Referee whistle 121.8 dB
- 2 fans singing 121.6 dB
- Gas horn 121.4 dB
- Cowbell 114.9 dB
- Wooden rattle 108.2 dB
- Inflatable Fan-Sticks 99.1 dB

buddah

Life is one big grow........
Veteran
vuvuzelas are Arrrrrg i realy begann to hate those VUVUs....anybody know VuvuStop???

Nothing wrong with them - I love them - let's celebrate anything in this piss-poor world we live in. I am the scourge of my neighbourhood cuz I let my g/daughter use one in the garden at full belt. They rage about the noise, then 10 minutes later they make more noise by using their lawn mowers, but they can't see that, can they? F*Idiots!

Green lung

Veteran
Nothing wrong with them - I love them - let's celebrate anything in this piss-poor world we live in. I am the scourge of my neighbourhood cuz I let my g/daughter use one in the garden at full belt. quote]

I'd burn this guys house down if I was his neighbor

clp

I HATE those damn vuvuzelas... At first I thought it was a beehive buzzing around the mic.. They will ruin spectating soccer unless a stop is put to them. It's true people need to enjoy the game but not when they are ruining the other billion or so people who watch the game live on T.V.
I can't imagine how annoying that must be at the real game though...

B

Blue

If they could play a tune rather then 90 mins or drone it wouldnt be so bad!

They have ruined the atmos at the games as you cant hear any singing from the fans due to these stupid fucking horns.

Managers, Players, pundits, all saying ban the stupid things as we cant give instructions or hear the whistle.

JamieShoes

Father, Carer, Toker, Sharer
Veteran
they're shit, i fucking hate them.... killing the atmosphere... you cant hear any cheers or singing... in fact it sounds like the fans are "complaining" the whole time... sounds like "boo"ing...

not to mention every fucking kid round here has one and thinks its ok to start blowing it on the way to school every day at 8am for the last MONTH!

I would personally love to permanently install these horns in the throats of the people who blow them ;)

Kalicokitty

The cat that loves cannabis
Veteran
There's nothing wrong with the fans bringing their horns to blow in support of their teams, just like there is nothing wrong with me bringing my whiffle ball bat that I use to whack fans of the other teams to show support for mine.

First Mf'er blows their horn next to me gets a whiffle bat to the dome.

I like the "Moonshot" model myself, makes a nice hollow thunking noise when it bounces off someones head.

Attachments

• moonshot-wiffle-ball-bat.jpg
    moonshot-wiffle-ball-bat.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 7

steppinRazor

cant stop wont stop
Veteran
Lmfao.. that's great. Good ol' USA don't have that problem..then again we watch real football over here hxhaaah

JamieShoes

Father, Carer, Toker, Sharer
Veteran
LOL real football that you use your hands to play? ;)

that's another thread for another time :D

B

Blue

Would that be the same football where they all wear two tone of protective gear as apposed to a REAL mans game like Rugby who wear shorts a top & a smile????

I do like American football but there is no foot & ball action apart from the kick off, punting & extra points.

@kalico we used to take bats to the Football back in the late 80's mind they were not plastic they were wood & some had nails in them, but they were used in the same way on the oppo fans!!!

Lmfao.. that's great. Good ol' USA don't have that problem..then again we watch real football over here hxhaaah

oh god i cant resist, american football is the gayest fucking shit since anal sex, worthless sport, absolutely worthless, and it's a bitch's version of rugby to top it off, too, wtf!!

Japanfreakier

Veteran
Would that be the same football where they all wear two tone of protective gear as apposed to a REAL mans game like Rugby who wear shorts a top & a smile????

I saw this show where some famoys rugby player tried American Football and he said that even with all the protective gear it was still harder hitting more damage causing. Personally I know shit about either, just some show I saw on TV.

RandyMarsh

Banning these would cause much bigger issues than the current bee hive in every TV thing. So shut up, sit down, and listen to the beautiful sounds of world cup football:

KsVJ7.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts