What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Africa ruins world cup with vuvuzelas

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Cookie monster

There is fuck all funny about that picture...............poor kid probably had his leg blown off by a mine

Babbabud

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I saw someone blow one of those dumb ass horns at a Giants game. One toot and the fans had it and it was not heard from again. Works for me.

Japanfreakier

Veteran
There is fuck all funny about that picture...............poor kid probably had his leg blown off by a mine

That's exactly what happened to the poor kid. See I put the graphic together because I thought it worked on 2 levels. First it's funny, poor taste? Yeah, but fucking funny. And two, I thought it shows how fucking amazing it is that a million times more is being spent on sports then on helping kids who need it. More has probably been spent on the vuvuzelas than on limbs for mine victims. :tiphat: Now that you know the idea behind the graphic you don't have to feel bad about laughing at it, and crying at the same time.

Japanfreakier

Veteran
I saw someone blow one of those dumb ass horns at a Giants game. One toot and the fans had it and it was not heard from again. Works for me.

I read a funny piece about the Chinese factory owner who makes the damn things. It's forbidden for his employees to blow them, he hates them.

Mr. Greengenes

Re-incarnated Senior Member
ICMag Donor
Veteran
That picture is terrible Japanfreakier, yet disturblingly funny. I think I mentioned earlier in this thread (wow it got long) that I got two vuvu's in the mail. Turns out, they're not real vuvu's which are pitched a tad below Bb, but stadium horns which are about a third lower at F#. Undaunted, I've been practicing, much to the disappointment of my neighbors. By sliding the joint of one horn in a little, I can get it to sound a slightly higher pitch than the other. I put the horns side by side and blow them together, splitting my embouchure between them. To make it extra annoying, I can circular breath and keep the sound going continuously. You guys are SO lucky you don't live next door! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts