What's new

Advantages of a SEALED room...

zeet

Veteran
Generally yes but, really depends how sealed your room is. For instance, my main room I sealed as tight as i could, wrapping the whole room in orca film on the walls and panda film on the ceiling. Taped over every seam and over every staple used to hang the films. When this room runs out of it's tank the ppm drops to around 30 ppm. This is very detrimental.

Another room I just half assed it when it came to sealing and even without supplemental co2 will stay around 300 ppm, right around atmospheric conditions. Not so detrimental. Of course the downside to this is I blow through tanks way faster in the not so sealed room.

Never a bad idea to have a spare tank on the ready because trust me, your tank will run out at 5:00 pm on friday and you'll be waiting till Monday morning to get it filled lol.
This is a huge reason I advocate folks going with a co2 generator. You can always run over to the store and grab a 20# tank for ~$20. Not to mention the savings and convenience pay for the investment your very first crop. I'll never use bottled co2 again.

chomsky

This is a huge reason I advocate folks going with a co2 generator. You can always run over to the store and grab a 20# tank for ~$20. Not to mention the savings and convenience pay for the investment your very first crop. I'll never use bottled co2 again.

But then you're dealing with heat and buying tanks natural gas right?

Andyo

Veteran
light spectrum /Co2 internodle spacing

light spectrum /Co2 internodle spacing

It would depend on your strain. If your are growing something that stretches like crazy and the height of your grow space is already limited then you want to avoid the crazy co2 growth until after the third week. But it could be that you want to cut down on veg time before the flip then stretch caused by co2 in the first three weeks would be to your advantage!

First C02 grow 1994 3ft x 3ft x6 ft sealed cab home made mini split 2000 btu
Own built reflector 400 w osram hps + 100w sylvania 7.2 k MH
The C02 1000 ppm approx temp 80 f ,flood drain solution temp 77f 3 strains( noticed extra close internodle spacing very dark green.) yield 22 OZ tight trimmed fully dry no stems A

Last edited:

Andyo

Veteran
hardness

hardness

yeah just detail bro ,was why i asked .
Parameters for control ect ,i read C02 my bed room when cleaning because testing C02 meter it went up to 900 ppm
i guess working on them ok if you shut the door.

Contol of hardness in veg detial easy enough with ebb/flow tray nute temp and i let hydroton dry out between floods to all most wilting or the plants get water greedy,they work up to 3 floods in 18 hour period normally

same with flowering 12/12 i have room parameters ballanced to give 1 flood 30 mins after lights on thats it whole 12/12 period
Perfect hardness n potency and stops racing in veg and 12/12 stretch no softness either.A

https://www.icmag.com/ic/album.php?albumid=27654&pictureid=610738

chomsky

yeah just detail bro ,was why i asked .
Parameters for control ect ,i read C02 my bed room when cleaning because testing C02 meter it went up to 900 ppm
i guess working on them ok if you shut the door.

Contol of hardness in veg detial easy enough with ebb/flow tray nute temp and i let hydroton dry out between floods to all most wilting or the plants get water greedy,they work up to 3 floods in 18 hour period normally

same with flowering 12/12 i have room parameters ballanced to give 1 flood 30 mins after lights on thats it whole 12/12 period
Perfect hardness n potency and stops racing in veg and 12/12 stretch no softness either.A

https://www.icmag.com/ic/album.php?albumid=27654&pictureid=610738

Cool, I try to let my coco or soil medium dry up good too before a water or feed... Nice buds...

guanito

flip rooms air exchange

flip rooms air exchange

Hi Everyone,

And thank you for all the great information in this thread.

Curious about placement of vents when using a lung room?

Is it better to have one (1) fan controlling all the action between two rooms (each room 8' x 8' x 8') for air exchange with vents far apart and high up on the wall - or with one high, and one low? Thinking about creating circular air flow - seeing how for we can go "au naturale" before adding all kinds of devices and equipment.
Is there any optimal way to do this for small scale grower?

best regards

++

chomsky

What size Co2 tanks do you guys use? Im using 20lb. tanks. How long can I expect a tank to last in a sealed room? Also, What pressure do you release the Co2 with? Should I open valve all the way or let it trickle more slowly? Thanks

Andyo

Veteran
C02 gauge

C02 gauge

what ype gauge and dosing unit /measuring ect do you have
picture would be usefull.A

moses wellfleet

Veteran
Yeah what kind of dispensing system you using?

Monitoring ones are first prize!

Please be very careful re co2 enrichment do not even think about cutting corners. A room full of co2 can potentially be lethal. Money spent on quality equipment and proper installation is well worth it!

Andyo

Veteran
sensor

sensor

Does the Autopilot Analog CO2 Controller connect to the solenoid on your co2 gauge ?
Im only using a burst timer connected to same valve/solenoid assembley your using and a IR c02 monitor

Last edited:

chomsky

Does the Autopilot Analog CO2 Controller connect to the solenoid on your co2 gauge ?
Im only using a burst timer connected to same valve assembley your using and a IR c02 monitor

Yes the Co2 Regulator plugs into the Autopilot. It closes the valve at the set Co2 levels..

moses wellfleet

Veteran

Yep that looks proper, you connect the regulator up to the tank and crack the valve and open it all the way. The pressure gauge indicates the CO2 levels in the tank. You should have at least 7 days warning when gauge starts to drop. You can also gently rock tank back and forth. Co2 is very heavy under pressure so when tank feels light you gotta replace it soon!

chomsky

Ok, I calibrated my Co2 monitor and it was reading 400 PPM outside. I moved it into grow room with no Co2 running and it was reading 600PPM. I went in took down the HPS and installed my new LED (I did work up a sweat). Now the meter is reading 1500 PPM. Is that possible just from me working in there? The Co2 tank is turned off too...