What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Advantages of a SEALED room...

down2grow

Sup fellas,

I'm thinking about going sealed for the first time and just want to know if a 5ton, two zone, inverter mini split would be able to cool two rooms with 6 epaps each.

D2G

down2grow

Moses,

The one I'm looking at is 60,000 btu. If you google 5 ton inverter mini split you'll see which website is selling it, it's $4271.45. If it is capable of cooling both rooms, should I even go this route? Or should I just get two 3 tons and use one for each room? I'm really trying to avoid the latter cause I wouldn't want the neighbor to wonder why I have three AC condensers in the back yard.

D2G

Ya dude your worrying to much. Ive been exposed high co2 levels for a long time and other then being ugly Im fine. :)

PS I was asking what you guys do. If Im running a stretcher I cut back on my CO2 to 1000 to 1200 and keep the humidity below 60% for the first 14-18 days before I bump it up. If I have a heavy indi I run hard a good 1500 and at least 70%RH the whole time.

If I need a fast heavy veg. I turn up to 1500 and bump up humidity to 85-90 and everything explodes. If Im not in a fast veg. stage I cut back on both RH and Co2....

I haven't had an indoor harvest in about 6 months so I'm hurting. So for a quick veg and overall quicker turn around your saying keep relative humidity higher and run it at 1500ppm all the way through? I always thought 50% rh was good all the way through

Sounds like you havent run 1500 ppm as i had no problems for yrs doing what buddy said pushing up to about 1500 at peak growth myself.. but i do practical not theory

Andyo

Veteran
usa ripoff ac prices

usa ripoff ac prices

Moses,

The one I'm looking at is 60,000 btu. If you google 5 ton inverter mini split you'll see which website is selling it, it's $4271.45. If it is capable of cooling both rooms, should I even go this route? Or should I just get two 3 tons and use one for each room? I'm really trying to avoid the latter cause I wouldn't want the neighbor to wonder why I have three AC condensers in the back yard.

D2G

LG 18,500 BTU inverter 18 sear mini split 19000 baht = just under $600 fitted from home pro

As for 3 condensers in the yard
I had a condenser on all 4 balconys of my 3 storey building
= 1 mini split per room

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
C'mon guys, play nice......several posts removed.

Take it to PM....if you really wish to go down that route.

'Whats so funny about peace-love and understanding?'.

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
If you read spurr's thread, you will understand the correlation between soil nutrition, atmospheric temperature/humidity and supplemented CO2. Limiting factors control everything.

The parameters required for the plant to consume 1500ppm create a tightrope few could, or would want to, walk. Catastrophic failure is moments away at all times.

Running 1500ppm at say 76F/50RH is a waste of fuel and requires additional cooling/dehumidification. Your paying more (albeit marginal) to drive just as far.

This is all I mean and is my opinion, based upon my experience and reading. If you believe otherwise, lovely. Can't imagine how bland this place would be if we all did the same.

To me, an internet tough guy is exactly how you've played this out. You want to end a discussion with a fight, go get pissed at the bar and find someone your own age.

Cheers

Thanks to the mod for steping up, a internet tough guy is who acts different (mouthy and disrespectfull) than he would face to face.....anyway dont see as you have a place here with theory.

Has anyone ealse pushed co2 till failure, over 2000ppm, i have and understand what happens, some say they run high Co2, some say you cant, i have had good luck running at 1500 is all i have said. My opinion from experience and trials and error. Maximum yield a old hydroponics magazine preached high food levels and high c02 in the old days,2000+ppm, yes there is more development and i wouldnt do things the same now but lots of guys followed the suggestions of then and did well, i did take notice of the less is more approach and do better but lots were successfull with the highballer approach, failure at 1500 with high heat humidity and food is only spoken by the inexperinced in my opinion . No need for insults over that. Someone does a informative thread is fine but it still might not be the be all and end all for info.

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Based upon my experience and reading.

There is no point interecting with you. You shit on this thread and thanked the person who wiped it up. I was cleaning up my own shit when he took over. Yet here you are, still slinging shit for God knows why other than someone did and thought something different.

Cheers

Take a look in the mirror, i wasent name calling and being derogatory, quite whining.. point is discussing sealed rooms, i have a stack of maximum yields I will loan you if you think im making this up, no disrepect but your age shows in your lack of knowledge, new age info only. Thats cool but dont be surprised when false facts are claimed someone might have a alternet opinion.. im ok with what you say but have seen facts and outcomes that differ from your theory, fact...stop name calling and being derogatory and insinuating others opinions than yours are "shit" especially with no experience other than what youve read to back it up. I am here to share my experince and findings to those that care as IC mag has given me everything and im going to give back with real info. Not to be cool or glorified. Just sharing so deal with it and offer somthing than a shit smeer to this thread.. real findings running co2 sealed ,thats it

Thanks to the mod for steping up, a internet tough guy is who acts different (mouthy and disrespectfull) than he would face to face.....anyway dont see as you have a place here with theory.

Has anyone ealse pushed co2 till failure, over 2000ppm, i have and understand what happens, some say they run high Co2, some say you cant, i have had good luck running at 1500 is all i have said. My opinion from experience and trials and error. Maximum yield a old hydroponics magazine preached high food levels and high c02 in the old days,2000+ppm, yes there is more development and i wouldnt do things the same now but lots of guys followed the suggestions of then and did well, i did take notice of the less is more approach and do better but lots were successfull with the highballer approach, failure at 1500 with high heat humidity and food is only spoken by the inexperinced in my opinion . No need for insults over that. Someone does a informative thread is fine but it still might not be the be all and end all for info.

2 questions. Do you taper the co2 down to lower levels for ripening at the end of flower?if so when and how low?
Do you vent at all at night? I run co2 in sealed room at 1000 w lights on. It can wind up being as high as 1150 near the end of lights off. Wondering if. This is detrimental at all? I know some people vent once or twice during lights off, just not sure what negative effects high xo2 during lights off might have.

Yes on the taper it down, peak is 3-4 week in then start dropping by week 5 and stop it alltogether at week 6 . I always vented at night well not vented but always circulated the lung 24hrs, I myself would be concerned about higher levels at night, always tried for low levels at night and cut co2 3-4hrs before dark so levels drop naturally. Later when i tried co2 with flipflops i couldnt do it as the co2 for the day screwed up nighttime for the other room with a common lung, then went for a slight vent. so yea imo i would run none than high night, and do a slight vent for co2, dont need much just a small flow really. Just my humble opinion from my findings.

I noticed them starting to shut down and get leaf curls or twisting with high nightime levels, and high days they would act more like there water starved when the pumps working, this was all in airponics tables and had lightning like growth with high levels when things didnt go wrong, never did it with soil and dont think it would benefit and take the level i speak of

I have been thinking that a used walk-in cooler would make a good start on a sealed room. Even comes with a commercial A/C to cool it off.

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Aie, but why pay for stainless? A walk-in is simply a well insulated box, with an expensive door to boot.

Latest posts

Latest posts