What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Advanced Nutrients, Love it or Hate it, State your claim!

SarahKing

Some other nutrients to use that have worked great for my plants other than Advanced Nutrients are Complete Hydroponics or General Hydroponics. But everything is kinda all made of the same stuff now.

Absolem

Advanced Nutrients. The company that stole their name from "General Hydroponics"(look at the bottom of the GH picture). Then they took the GH Flora Series and divided it into 6 bottles and charged 10 times the price of GH

Attachments

• s487276423357554309_p83_i1_w1024.jpg
    s487276423357554309_p83_i1_w1024.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:

toohighmf

Veteran
This thread is still going??? Anyone here put some osmocote or Peters 20-20-20 by itself to the test? Probably get you the same results as your 12 bottle $12000 regiment.

When are people going to learn that fertilizer is less than 10% of the game?

A

acridlab

I've tried many many others,, 20-20-20,, grows great plants,, but i still couldn't coax the flavors that advanced brings out.. maxi bloom,, lucas, canna, h&g, aptus, heavy, fox farm, organic compost, u name it, I've tried it.. advanced is the best when it comes to simplicity and quality all in one. i use it a 60% total so it doesn't cost 1000s like ppl around here would lead ppl to believe.. but,,, to each they own..

Dr.King

Veteran
This thread is still going??? Anyone here put some osmocote or Peters 20-20-20 by itself to the test? Probably get you the same results as your 12 bottle $12000 regiment.

Advanced Nutrients differently gave me better results than the other 3 brands I tired. I wish back in the day when I was using them I had done side by side test to show everyone. I have a ton of albums, this nutrients help finish and push 24+ week Sativas into their final reflowering stage for harvest. This was under only 400 watts of light in a 5' x 5' x 7' area as well. Which most people will tell you isn't near the amount of wattage per sq ft to properly finish 100% landrace Sativa's.

Last thing I will add is, people paying a ton for AN products don't do much surfing the web because I can get almost their whole line up for $150-200. I wouldn't use more than 6 of them myself, the others are just extra's if you have the cash.

details please??

:biggrin:

I grew this alone side my other yogi cups last year during one of the contest. It was pretty easy I might add, just have to stay up on watering her 3 times a day in late flowering. Anyone could do this with practice in my opinion. Feel free to message me if you would like the whole scoop.

Everyone stay safe and happy growing :tiphat:.

couchlockd

What's good brotha!

Listen to this guy, please. You'll thank god you did later

Drewsif

AN is worst about gorilla marketing. They sell sugar water product. What else is there to say.

Can spot/smell Budcandy tainted buds a mile away. Honestly nowhere near as disgusting as Sweet. But still. Its a gimmick to crust your plants in sugar for weight and frost. Very distinct look and smell. And the buds last half as long.

Anyone selling their own version of BrixPlus is on my shit list. Simple sugars soaked right into the root. Might as well spray em.

Fuck big mike and his gorilla marketing. Oh and his supporting of a child molester, yes fuck AN and their fake ass grow sites, and hundreds of accounts on grow forums.

Rondon

Some other nutrients to use that have worked great for my plants other than Advanced Nutrients are Complete Hydroponics or General Hydroponics. But everything is kinda all made of the same stuff now.

Always has been made from the same stuff. All the minerals are the same. Sourced the same. That whole pharmaceutical grade horeshit is just that...horseshit. Even the different brands of additives...all the same basically. The so called biostimulants. Yucca...humic/fulvic acid...potassium silicate...amino acid (fish or plant protein) ...kelp (ascophylum nodosum). All the shit is the same. If you know how to read an EC and pH meter...and know what does what when...you can use any of em really. Brand to brand. And if you really have a bigger grow you can source and make your own fertilizers and additives to save ALOT of money. And if you really really talked to a real pro or find through experience yourself...you might just find that fertilizers and additives dont make or break a grow. Your strain..climate/environment and lighting does. And your yields can really go up or down when you play with the plant canopy. Thats about all there is to it.

A

acridlab

If they are all the same,, why do i get completely different flavors when i use different brands of nutes on the same cut???

Dr.King

Veteran
Advanced Nutrients, check out all of my albums for more.

Ace's Oldtimer's Haze 24 weeks

UWCuVuK.jpg

CBG's Purple Mexican Oaxacan 12 weeks

gr4lGu2.jpg

We talking 2.5 pounds each harvest x 4 rounds per year in my Pure Sativa tent 5' x 5' x 7' under 550 watts total. Entire tent is Ace seeds Zamaldelica 13 weeks.

NlbtKCd.jpg

rGgVOcz.jpg

We talking 3 pounds each harvest x 4 rounds per year in my Indica tent same size 5 foot under 550 watts as well. Entire tent is Green House seeds Chemdog 12 weeks

pnDgz4C.jpg

A

acridlab

yeah, advanced is the stuff, notice most of the bashers never have photos of buds grown with they're "better" choices

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Rondon

If they are all the same,, why do i get completely different flavors when i use different brands of nutes on the same cut???
If I was getting different "flavors" from different brands if nutes...I wouldnt be using them "flavored" brands for very long. Stay away from the carb/plant esthers/sugar additives if you want the taste of the strain itself to come through and not the taste of nutrients. The health of the plant is what you want from fertilizers. And in that regard..all brands do the same thing if you do your part. Not the taste of fertilizers...from brand to brand. Lol.