What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Advanced Nutrients, Love it or Hate it, State your claim!

Magnificat

Why just use the base nutes? They are a copy of GH 3-part.
And look at all the crap you add that you listed off, no offense, but that is a lot of needless additives.

GH 3-part
Power KoolBloom (or Bloombastic)
GH Subcultures (optional)

Thats it!!!!

I'm down with GH and additives. All i use is...

GH 3 part and i use ALL 3 BOTTLES, not lucas deficient formulas. :)
diamond nectar during vegging and into flower
pure blend pro during veg
kool bloom during floewr
Floralicoius+ during veg
floralicious for flower in flower

And I can attest I get OUTSTANDING results. I have never met anyone who didn't think my herbs were better than anything they can buy or grow.

I also use the GH exprt recirculating formula for soil growing using about 800-850 MAX ppms at the end of flower and i pull 2.5-3z per plant and its stronger than all the dispensary stuff i've been buying.

St. Phatty

When I grew in 6 inch rockwool cubes, I used GH. I like them.

I remember when GH came as a white powder, before they sold it as a liquid.

FunkBomb

Power Armor rules
Veteran
Advanced Sensi coco A/B, Big Bud coco, Overdrive, and Nirvana have all worked for me. The prices can be a bit high but you will see results.

-Funk

BongFu

I think its funny how Advanced Nutrients slanders other companies but then one of the partners turns out to be a kiddy fiddler while another partner (Big Mike) defends the kiddy fiddler on national television. Overpriced hype and dribble is my call but then each to their own - however, I would never support any company that supports Paedophiles, whether that be Advanced Nutrients or the Catholic Church.

insomniac_AU

I haven't used Advanced for 5 years or so but I changed because the results were not worth the price. Not interested in companies that sell a multitude of separate bottles. It's all about extracting the most amount of money out of the customer as possible.

mexweed

Veteran
I use mother earth for 3 weeks during heavy flower, I first grabbed it from a pick a free sample shelf

many companies including organics have too many bottles, many companies also have products you could run a 3 part with

I used AN from 2010 till 2014. I had great results as far as harvest & quality. The problems came wgen they started splitting bottles and making their line more expensive in theend. While I used it , 3 part base for veg, supplementing with B-52, & Rhino Skin, Ancient Earth, Hygrozyme. Bloom Sensi Bloom, B-52, Rhino Skin, Bud Blood, Big Bud,Bud Candy, Carbo Load.

Now it's all Nature's Pride line. Harvest may be a little down, but I find it just as strong, maybe a little tastier, but a whole lot easier and cost effective.

theJointedOne

Veteran
get away from using bottled stuff, at least the stuff advanced pushes...

cmon now guys its dam near 2020 u still growin with this shit?

Splatoid

Our local store was closing down so I bought a few gallons of AN for 75% off list price and I have been having good luck with it. I bought sensi grow sensi bloom sinsizim and Gig bud. I got 4 gallons and 4 quarts for about $100. I didn't even know anything about them and I don't really give a crap about their policies of their employees. I just like to grow weed. Will I buy it again? I doubt it. I'll just make my own tea and coco mixes in the future.

mexweed

Veteran
the sample bottle of mother earth got knocked over when I was grabbing my bag of worm castings and got punctured when it landed, went to the hydro store to find it's near $50 a quart

I do like to spoil my plants with something good from a bottle, also something I can soak rapid rooters in at 1/3 strength for starting seeds, so I grabbed a quart of medusa's magic to replace it for a third the price lol

I’m not a HUGE AN fan but the Ph perfect line helps me with my limited time to sit and babysit water ph day after day... if I could find another product that did that. If prolly switch. Haven’t had bad results with AN but nothing to write home about either.

Don Palermo

If you need over market your products with hype and speech bad about other nutrient lines, I dont want use that nutrient line. You have to be stupid if you belive that cannabis needs +10 different bottles of nutrient.

And I really really want to see what kind monster plant can take full adhd nutrients suggested dosage with all suggested nutrient, vitamin, entsyme and bacteria products and grow healthy without nutrient burn.

M

moose eater

Unnecessarily high K to use with organics, esp. EWCs, which already typically have sufficient K. Nearly completely counter to my traditional 1-3-2 ratio for N-P-K where nutes were/are involved..

Light-ass actual content in past versions of humic or fulvic acids, making buying colored water 'not my thing.'

Price leading to some sort of Rubik Cube on the wallet; parts a, b, c, d, e, f, g, etc. The AMWAY trap.

Lastly, and being a bit sarcastic, a bit less than completely serious, etc.; using caricatures on the labels that reinforce Jeff Beauregard Sessions allegations re. cannabis users/growers.

Positives; they had a nice wide mouth on the jugs that permitted for use of a number of different sizes of syringes or other extraction and measuring devices... or to slip in a pair of needle nose pliers to extract said measuring device when accidentally dropped into the jug... not that I ever did that, or anything...

I have been unfortunate enough that I was once in a position where I had to sell A.N. Products unwillingly due to a partnership with someone who had previously established a grow store and bought the minimum (5k) to become one of the many that carry these overpriced broken down nutrients and supplements. I never bothered to really push these products unless the customer was already using A.N. or was adamant about the products.

One of the highlights' of dealing with this company was the fact that the delivery drivers always were foreign and lacking any skills with English other than a high and goodbye. Most of them reminded me of drug mules as I knew runners to be called growing up around a lot of serious dealing and a father deeply involved with the Mexican Mob.

For the record, I'd be more inclined to use Miracle Grow then anything A.N. related knowing full well that all I would need in extra would be a little Magnesium and possibly a little calcium depending upon the medium.

Latest posts

Latest posts