What's new

Across International

HG23

I believe the new AI 1.9's have one more heated side than previous models and come standard with two aluminum shelves. Probably the reason for the price increase.

Can anyone chime in on the difference between the elite series and the regular ovens. Currently contemplating between the AI 3.2 cu ft and the AI elite 1.0 cu ft. I've heard about uneven heating problems with AI, that's why i'm interested in the elite series (5 side chamber jacket) and the 3.2 (in-shelf temperature sensor).

I have been researching Chinese vac ovens and have communicated with several MFG's on alibaba. I have not been able to find ovens of the same quality or with the features we require as of yet. There are many, many vac oven manufacturers in China. I am having a hard time tracking down and verifying quality. Service is another issue. Does anyone know the manufacturer of AI's ovens?

BrainChild

Sorry if this has been mentioned already, couldn't find it;

Do ambient room temps much affect the usage of the 1.9 across ovens? Got a slab of marble in there that it sits on, so I want to say no or very minimal but not really sure if it would be better to have the oven in a heated room this time of year. It was about 10 degrees F out last night and Id guess 30 ambient in the room the oven is in (unheated garage.)

I was worried about this too but haven't noticed a problem. I did initially run the autoplay tuner from the room temp my oven is in, which was 55 F at the time. It took a few hrs since starting at a low temp but I haven't had any problems since. I think from the factory they are tuned for a more common room temp. That reminds me I should probably run the autotune again since I'm now in a warmer place ;-)

Also everyone should check out AI's ebay page too when ordering. Some of the ovens have free shipping when you buy from there but cost $200+ when ordering from AI.com. I was able to get my oven with free shipping. Though it seems they offer less ovens with free shipping now and have indeed increased their prices.

dabdynasty

Does anyone have experience with the HFS ovens?
Hardware Factory Store
Im seeing some great prices but Im unsure about the quality.
I have an AI ovens but Im looking into getting another one this seems like a decent option.
If no one has tried them Im going to pull the trigger since they accept PayPay I can always get a refund if it sucks.

Does anyone have experience with the HFS ovens?
Hardware Factory Store
Im seeing some great prices but Im unsure about the quality.
I have an AI ovens but Im looking into getting another one this seems like a decent option.
If no one has tried them Im going to pull the trigger since they accept PayPay I can always get a refund if it sucks.

That is actually a KeDa oven from China. I just received a quote from them yesterday and a 1.9 cuft DZF 6050 is $630 + $570 shipping, coming direct from the MFG company. [email protected]

Let us know if you do pull the trigger. I would love to know what their ovens are actually like.

Across Int., is still the best by far. They have listened to our industry's needs and requests and their newly upgraded 1.9 is an amazing oven for its type and price range, throw in 5 stone shelves and it has pretty much everything we need, including an inert gas injection port. The next step up would be AI's, 3.2cuft with individually heated shelves.

You sure seem to get what you pay for in this industry! It all depends on what you need. Nobody else seems to be up to date on new technology's, like AI has tried to be. I hear Cascade is also trying to work with our industry.

Last edited:

kronikpain

Hmmm, possibly a very good find A6 Grower...some of the info a pictures contradict eachother, so that makes me a little suspicious. Could just be a bad web developer, or a scam?

icdog

The pic for the 3.2 looks exactly like AI's. Likely thats the manufacturer.

Mary I just discovered the 3.2 uses a k25 fitting on the back to connect to the vac pump. If you don't have a pump with that fitting you need an adapter to a barb bitting. AI sells them for 50 bucks.

The pic for the 3.2 looks exactly like AI's. Likely thats the manufacturer.

Mary I just discovered the 3.2 uses a k25 fitting on the back to connect to the vac pump. If you don't have a pump with that fitting you need an adapter to a barb bitting. AI sells them for 50 bucks.

I think it's quite likely we have discovered AI's Chinese manufacturer Icdog. I am waiting on a response to my request for information and a quote on their 7.8 model:tiphat:

icdog

The 3.2 is 2500, with exchange thats 3000, plus 500 shipping, 3500. Not including duty which might be about 300, 3800 or so.
Shipped up here from AI the 3.2 is about 5600.

Almost 2k cheaper but warranty will be difficult with china. Not sure.

prune

Veteran
The 3.2 is 2500, with exchange thats 3000, plus 500 shipping, 3500. Not including duty which might be about 300, 3800 or so.

And therein lies the crux of the matter, if you can't afford the oven with a warranty, what will you do when the one you buy craps out?

Just got Cema's quote on the 7.8, it's $5000 delivered to Ontario, Canada.

Their 1.9 with 5 stone shelves, gas injection port and lights is $2000 delivered.

I did not price their 3.2 as it only had 2 shelves.

Waxring

Mrsmarybrown, are you going to pull the trigger and order from Cema? I'm curious about the shipping, and what form of payment, ie. Visa, MasterCard?