What's new

ACMPR(Medical use and production) info and links.

PARADOX

Yes I know some boys in van with 5 X closed loops and like 8 ovens and everything set up to lab spec... They are not happy but at the same time there are talks about the price of bho going up with the tighter restrictions .

As for the underground style, I myself dont need to do any hydrocarbon extractions anymore. Heat press extract is what i prefer anyway. It just seems odd to ban it completely, even at a lab made level. I am pretty sure there are butane extraction setups worth over 250,000 in or near Vancouver. Pretty sure i heard 350,000. If they are to be illegal, they wont be too happy.

PARADOX

When will the liberals ever learn.. Restrict and outlaw anything and you make the outlaws rich..

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'll be squishing and chuckling while BHO clips 100/g.

You don't have to tell the landlord or the government you know how to grow. What a novel idea.

Bmac1

Veteran
I really need to figure out the license thing. Maybe my doc records that would warrant medications that i passed on would suffice? Hopefully.

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I believe you need a specific recommendation rather than a history.

As gravy as it would be to release health records to HC.

Seems to run 300-400 to get a doctor to sign off at will, or try the lottery of family practitioners.

Jonny Lan

Veteran
Can u get license to grow for someone else with a possesion of fire arm conviction? I can just call them but I know ppl are active on this thread right now that might know... Thanks

corky1968

Veteran
you need A document issued by a Canadian police force

Under which section does it mention this police document requirement?

All I saw was that under section A5 that you have to only declare that you don't have any convictions related to Cannabis:

"I declare that within the preceding ten (10) years, I have not been convicted, as an adult, of a designated
cannabis offence
– or an offence that, if committed outside of Canada, would have constituted such an offence
– that was committed while I was authorized to produce cannabis under the Act, other than under the former Marihuana Medical Access Regulations."

In my view the Police have no right to know anything about anyone's private medical information.
Do they ask all the people prescribed narcotic pills to sign in?
This is a Gestapo tactic to me.

diffusing

think the designated grower requires it.. or at least it did. i just used https://www.commissionaires.ca/en/national/service/business/criminal-record-check
rather than go to the police station for my MMAR DG. IIRC they didnt even print me.. takes a day or so to get the check back

Production by designated person

(5) If the cannabis is to be produced by a designated person, the application must include a declaration by the designated person that includes

(a) the information referred to in paragraphs (3)(a) to (c) and (e), in respect of the designated person;
(b) the information referred to in paragraphs (4)(c) to (e);
(c) an indication that the cannabis, other than marihuana plants, will be stored indoors and whether it is proposed to store it at
(i) the proposed site for the production of marihuana plants, or
(ii) the ordinary place of residence of the designated person, if different than the site referred to in subparagraph (i);
(d) an indication that
(i) within the 10 years preceding the application, they have not been convicted of an offence referred to in any of paragraphs 176(2)(a) to (c) or received a sentence referred to in paragraph 176(2)(d) or (e),
(ii) that they will take all necessary measures to ensure the security of the marihuana plants and cannabis, and
(iii) they will comply with the limit on the maximum number of plants under production referred to in paragraph 178(2)(l) and the limit on the maximum quantity of dried marihuana in storage referred to in paragraph 178(2)(n); and
(e) a document issued by a Canadian police force establishing that, within the 10 years preceding the application, the designated person has not been convicted of an offence referred to in paragraph 176(2)(a) or (c) or received a sentence referred to in paragraph 176(2)(d).

i dont think it matters for personal medical grows...

peace

Tynehead Tom

well, it's really no surprise.
This same political party subjected law abiding Canadians to the federal firearms registry and gave all powers to the rcmp.
the same idiot who feverishly fought to keep the failed firearms registry for long guns and persecuted and demonized law abiding Canadian hunters and sports shooters instead of targeting crimminals, is the head of the pot profile, Mr bill blair.
I would EXPECT that in the near future , folks like myself, who hold an RPAL and a health Canada medical grow license, are going to have some serious problems with this government and it's rcmp gestapo.

Tynehead Tom

we need a Canadian marijuana "Legalese" section where the armchair and real lawyers amongst us can translate this shit haha
not for advice, just "layman's" translation or cole's notes version
I'm one of the few folks in my neck of the woods with reliable internet so am getting many phone calls and visits for coffee and my laptop LOL
biggest question so far is the landlord or property owner permission for those who might grow. 2 of my friends are renters , one rents 300 acres owned by a guy who resides in Arizona and sends an agent out to the property. Buddy has never met the landlord LOL
Other lady doesn't want anyone knowing she plans to grow and for security reasons, doesn't trust the property owner to not extort money from her. She tried to start a small business and he was jackin her for extra cash so doesn't want him knowing anything about her medical condition , including use of or growing of cannabis.

I'd like to rent her my barn for the cost of the required renovations and utility bill but it's a drive for her and she has a suitable space.

so clarification on the landlord permission stuff for someone growing their own medicine only, at their full time rented residence would be cool.

diffusing

pretty sure for personal grows, you don't need landlord permission assuming its your 'residence'. if you don't live there you need it. so if she was to grow in your barn, she would need your permission....

and from what a gather its the same for dg's but i'm not as confident on that one.. just call HC tmrw, and find out :) they are quite friendly and helpful.

hold time was only like 3 mins last time i called.

"For individuals seeking information about the new Access to Cannabis for Medical Purposes Regulations, contact Health Canada. Call toll-free at 1-866-337-7705 or email [email protected]."

peace

Tynehead Tom

pretty sure for personal grows, you don't need landlord permission assuming its your 'residence'. if you don't live there you need it. so if she was to grow in your barn, she would need your permission....

and from what a gather its the same for dg's but i'm not as confident on that one.. just call HC tmrw, and find out :) they are quite friendly and helpful.

hold time was only like 3 mins last time i called.

"For individuals seeking information about the new Access to Cannabis for Medical Purposes Regulations, contact Health Canada. Call toll-free at 1-866-337-7705 or email [email protected]."

peace

thanx Diffusing.... sometimes it's that obvious it eludes me hahaha they got a fricken phone number I can call LOL
I'm off to roll another doob and forget what we were talking about again :D

TheBlackman

yo

this is as entertaining as it can be,
the man sez jump,
ya'll respond by asking...'please let me'

here be the hoops,
call now,
operators are standing by,
just resign every year and be part of this cash making pie,

people lining up to an fro,
allow yourselves to be compartmentalized,
it just don't make no sense to this here bro,
but then again I don't buy the gov's lies,

best be asking the man if you can,
cause if your brewin' unlimited beer an wine,
they just don't give a damn,

but like good little children,
who be scared of the boogey man,
do what your told,
or we gonna slap your hand,

I laugh and then laugh some more,
'cause they done trained you all good as gold,
now be good little consumers..and behave and do as your told.

giphy.gif
yo

TheBlackman

yo
breederbrad,

"you are a friggin retard, shut the fuck up clown, ur raps fucking suck"

why you so mad?
does it hurt that I speak the truth,

or are you just upset cause someone took your baby Ruth,

no you silly ignorant fool I ain't talkin' bout no bar,
I'm talking about them lemmings,
lining up to follow stupid rules, lined up near an far,

rules that are so asinine that even a old fool like me can see,
big brother has your number, especially when you say pretty please,

so next time you feel like slingin' some mud my way,
make sure you bring alot 'cause man do I like to play,
playin' fools who go merrily along,

like rats followin' the pied piper,
you all know the outcome and what it will be,

yet your still lining up like a simpleton,
just to ask to plant a tree.

vancityj

I think that if an individual were to be found growing in a rental property, by law enforcement or the city - under MMAR or similar - you'd run the risk of any discovery report coming back to haunt the property owner in the case of a future property sale. If they don't disclose knowledge of 'a marijuana grow' in the residence, and a future purchaser turns up a report in city records that says someone was investigated in the past, and was found to be growing, albeit under medical, the buyer would have a case in a civil court lawsuit, particularly if there's any serious damage or latent defects pertaining to the grow installation that weren't noticed until after purchase. This can only really be proven if you were discovered to be physically growing by someone, who then recorded that information in city documentation that could potentially be found later.

If one were to grow in a rental property, and then dismantle the grow, undiscovered - and then for some unlikely reason the person is later questioned by Health Canada/LE/a property owner, one could claim they did opt for the grow portion of the licencing, but never did actually ever physically grow any plants inside the residence.

If an owner does mark an 'X' next to the 'I'm aware of a marijuana grow at some point on the property' (probably due to a report on file at the city, caused by a smell investigation or $4000 hydro bill at their rental home), they run the risk of a buyer's lender not approving a loan for that particular property, due to a perceived stigma. I believe this is the case with most of the major banks. It could result in fewer and lower offers. One might instead be better off including "As is." in their sale description, especially in a hot real estate market.

In the case of a $1.5+M home, if you get caught by the police or city with twenty-plus lights, and the property owner is then possibly forced to disclose this later during a sale, they might feel slighted enough to sue you, depending on their outcome.

In my opinion, you don't want to admit to city officials, Health Canada, or anyone, after the fact, that cannabis had been growing on the property at any point, even if you did opt for the additional licence to grow. As far as I know, an owner has seven years to sue a tenant in civil court if their tenant causes damage inside their property. Having written authorization by the owner would mostly negate this scenario.

I'm aware of an individual that lived in a municipality which had a group named EFSI (Electrical Fire Safety Initiative) running, which was comprised of two city workers and two RC officers who would inspect homes with hydro bills that hit above 93 kwh's daily. This person had an inspection notice posted on their 4000-sqft house due to about a $700 hydro bill (2 months), and was given 48 hours to arrange an inspection. At the agreed to inspection time, four individuals more or less dispersed and went through the attic and every room, finding nothing, but pointing to some faint staple holes in one room, and plywood stored under a tarp in the garage. The home was absolutely spotless, with no mold, plants, or roaches anywhere, and no obvious damage. The room that had been utilized for a garden was fully staged with furniture, and looked perfectly normal. After the inspection, these four guys were out in the driveway about to leave when one called him over to his meter area on the side of the house, and then proceeded to pull his electric meter and then lock the base. It was explained that he would first have to "remediate" the property. This involved about $1800 for lab testing (sucking an onsite air sample through a machine's filter that is then later tested for spore count, type, etc), which it apparently passed with flying colors as there was clearly no mold present. Then, $1200 for an electrician to inspect the system and fix a minor unassociated issue, before it could be signed off on. The electrician stated to the homeowner, "I shouldn't even be here, there's nothing wrong". Lastly, $2500 to the city for their 45 minute inspection. All this took 34 days, during which time the owner was paying the mortgage ($2300+) and other bills (cable, gas, home insurance, etc), before he could get his meter back for re-occupancy. Not to mention the spoiled food due to unforeseen power loss. The guy couldn't occupy his house for 34 days, due to no power and risk of a $10,000 fine, and was then basically extorted for nearly $6000. He decided to sell in the following months, and disclosed his dealings with the city to his realtor, who apparently didn't disclose it to the eventual buyer. Three years later, the seller, the seller's realtor, the buyer's realtor, and their home inspector, as well as a couple of others, were named as defendants in a civil lawsuit. About five defendants in all. The new owners were seeking about $130,000 for alleged non-disclosure of a grow operation because they had apparently stumbled across papers the city had kept regarding their earlier allegations of a grow being on the property, although not a single plant had ever been found. The case proceeded for three years before it was settled with a non-disclosure, pre-trial, costing just the owner upwards of $10,000 in legal fees, as well as a sizable settlement portion of about $30,000.

Tynehead Tom

when BC hydro shows up on your property, they ONLY have access to your meter. If they show up with two RC's in the car. Demand a search warrant, call your lawyer and the human rights commissioner. That's the little fishing scam they like to try and pull.
If you let them walk into your house without an actual search warrant in hand.... sorry to say, that's just plain stupid in this day and age.
I know many folks up here who have had that little black suv pull up their driveway and most have told them to fuck off or get sued for harassment and trespass. These are people who have never grown a plant in their lives.
BC hydro has access to the meter area of your property and that's it. The specifics of your use of power is none of their business unless you aren't paying your bill. Lastly, the presence of an rcmp member with a hydro employee does not give the hydro employee any more rights of trespass under the law. Nor does the mere presence of a police officer mean you have to let ANY of them on your property.

people who fall for this scam are just not using their heads.

Tynehead Tom

yo
breederbrad,

"you are a friggin retard, shut the fuck up clown, ur raps fucking suck"

why you so mad?
does it hurt that I speak the truth,

or are you just upset cause someone took your baby Ruth,

no you silly ignorant fool I ain't talkin' bout no bar,
I'm talking about them lemmings,
lining up to follow stupid rules, lined up near an far,

rules that are so asinine that even a old fool like me can see,
big brother has your number, especially when you say pretty please,

so next time you feel like slingin' some mud my way,
make sure you bring alot 'cause man do I like to play,
playin' fools who go merrily along,

like rats followin' the pied piper,
you all know the outcome and what it will be,

yet your still lining up like a simpleton,
just to ask to plant a tree.

my friend, while I find your poetry amusing, entertaining even, I do believe this is where we say "check thyself" hehehe

I have had the medical grow license almost from the beginning of the program, so have a few of my friends. None of us have been bothered by cops or otherwise for the entire duration. Maybe because we live in the stix I dunno. Maybe because they investigated us all for months to see if we were selling our medicine and could find no evidence of such so left us alone.... I dunno.
What I do know is I have a loving wife, 2 dogs, boats, atvs, snowmobiles, welders, my bike, my truck, the wife's truck and our home and acreage.
I'm not bragging I'm making a point that I value all those things more than I value going to jail and losing all that stuff because I want to wave my finger at the law and just grow weed as I see fit.
I need it for medicine, I value my posessions and home I worked hard for and didn't buy with weed and to get busted for growing medicine when I can aquire a license to do so lawfully is just simply irresponsible to both myself and my wife who would also lose all if I just chose to say fuck the law I'm growing.

if I was single and didn't give a damn, I would of course grow regardless. I think we should inundate health Canada and suign up as many people as we can. It's kinda like voting no?

it ain't perfect but I suppose it is what it is.
let's not tear each other down over this issue.

Latest posts

Latest posts