What's new

Ace Sativas own Old Toker

Old Toker

Thanks for the concern gentlemen (I use the term loosely). Still here....although I have harvested (and sampled) a few buds of early GT and a nice Malawi bud off of a broken branch a day or two ago. Haven't tried the Malawi yet. The GT was a nice "rushy" type high, but started to fade after a couple of hours. However....that was a very early sample (3 wks ago)....by the time I take the GTs down.....I'm expecting a more mature experience...particularly after a good cure.
Will try to post some current (crappy) photos tomorrow night.
Regards...:tiphat:

Old Toker

Oh.....and just what are you guys implying? If OT doesn't post for 24 hours he must either be too stoned or dead? Are you suggesting that I am a serial poster and don't have a life? Maybe I've had to do brain surgery...or separate Siamese twins....or defuse a bomb? Maybe I'm a V.I.P.? Nahhh....you were correct....too stoned. :tiphat:

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
Probobal truth could be?

Probobal truth could be?

[QUOTE=Old Toker Are you suggesting that I am a serial poster and don't have a life? Maybe I've had to do brain surgery...or separate Siamese twins....or defuse a bomb?
I don't buy any of the above excuses OldToker. defuse a bomb? From my spy camera equipment you were actually trying to fill a bong. They sound close though. It was fill a bong. Glad your back and safe brother. Many a good man has been lost while working for the Bong Squad! Peace

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
OldToker, I could rush you the link to my camera, but for you brother I will just have them come over. They can finish their pillow fight while you referee the whole thing. I did see them playing outside earlier today. Maybe before you put them to bed they should be checked for ticks. Peace

Old Toker

OK....day 107 of 12/12. Didn't get home in time to take pics tonight.....will try tomorrow night.

All the girls are showing amber. About 15% for one of the GTs...maybe a little less than 10% for the other. Their two week flush will be over Tuesday and they are fading somewhat.....so I'm probably going to harvest them right before lights on tomorrow night. Going to just hang the whole plant (with leaves) in my garage and "hope" the air being sucked into the tent and out the carbon filter keeps the smell in the garage....and not outside. I have three large wardrobe boxes ready to go if the smell is too bad....otherwise I'll wait a couple of days before trimming the leaves and hanging them in the boxes. Also planning on making some Golden Tiger (Malawi) cob sometime this week.

The Malawi and Zam should be ready by next week. Each has about 5% amber and they still have another 8/9 days of a two week flush. If any of them reach 10% before next weekend....I'll harvest them. Really....really...want to stay on the sativa side of the harvest window. Given more time MAYBE they would have gained some more weight....but I am only growing for myself....so I'm fine with less weight and more sativa effects.

The PHs are somewhat of a mystery. They both have some beautiful reddish hairs and are also about 5%. They should be ready in a week or so. I'll make a decision on them next weekend. Hopefully this water only diet will encourage them to get ready.

Hope everyone's family and grow are doing well.
Happy Fathers Day!:tiphat:
The following photo was from a week or so ago. It's a Ph with what I call beautiful reddish hairs. This bud is actually growing horizontally.

Last edited:

Old Toker

What humidity?

What humidity?

Question for y'all: What RH% should I keep my garage (lung room) during the drying? The answer may not be as simple as "I always like to keep the RH between 55-65%". The complication is that I still have plants flowering in the tent and probably need to continue keeping the RH in the tent under 65%...to avoid mold. In order to keep it under 65%RH....with my current low exhaust fan settings....I have been maintaining 50-55%RH in the lung room. So here is the questions (opinions welcome): Do I raise the lung room RH to say 60% in order to dry slower and just risk the higher RH (65-70%) in the tent, or maintain the current lung room RH of 50-55% and risk the plants drying faster (too fast?). I have a couple of large wardrobe boxes that I plan on moving the plants into after the initial 48hr drying period. As I said in a previous post...I plan on hanging the whole plant (with leaves) for the first 48hrs....so that should hopefully slow the process. I also could add another passive intake into the tent and crank up the fan.....I am only at about 1/3 speed now. Probably would have some minor light leaks down low in the tent....and of course an increase in noise level from within the tent. I'm just somewhat reluctant to change something (the tent environment) that has been working successfully.

As usual....crappy opinions are welcome and I reserve the right to make another poor judgement decision despite good advice. :tiphat:

deepwaterdude

Huge congrats on getting to harvest day with those uncouth ladies! The PH looks like a thanksgiving dinner! A bounteous and beautiful feast. It sounds like conditions are quite good for drying in your lung room. They'll take over a week with their big buds and stable RH. Slow is good if you can keep mold at bay. Light breeze on 'em at all times'll help, emphasis on light to not dry them too quick. Gorgeous and all good news.

master kusher

Thank you DWD!:tiphat:
What do you think I should do about the ones on the ceiling? I could run lines across the ceiling to push them down an inch or two so they aren't actually on the ceiling. Maybe give them some "breathing" room? Or I could just do nothing now and eventually run lines under them if they ever get heavy enough to need support. Any opinions/ideas?
maybe lst?

deepwaterdude

The uncouth Ace Sativas that owned me? Thank you Brother!:tiphat:Hope you realize I couldn't have gotten this far without you. Now if I can just manage not to F' up the dry and cure. :tiphat:

Drying kind of like sex and yoga; even when badly done they do some good:biggrin:

Good news is you will have plenty of top grade herb:tiphat:, bad news is you're right that conditioning and storage are not necessarily easy. I let Beast get too dry, for example, which is fine for me own personal herb, but others will throw orange peels on it to rehydrate. Ech.

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
Old Toker, If it's not broke don't fix it. My drying area is where it is because of limited space. I really can't control that environment without changing the entire building it's in. I try to keep it as dark as possible and I do most trimming while the plant is still in the soil. (just easier for me). After two weeks of drying, I do final trimming and the buds go into the curing jars in another dark area. Harvest time for me generally has snow mixed in. The cold temps freeze a lot of the moisture out of the air here. Not that any of this pertains to your situation, but I'm off today. This seemed like the place to hang out. Peace

orfeas

Veteran
You've rounded up your flock nice and sleazy! Good on you, "lad" !
Now if you can maintain good air flow and temps round 20-25 C you'll be ace... my opinion may be crappy but that's all I can provide...

:tiphat:Orfeas

Old Toker

Thank you gentlemen.....appreciate the support and advice. Unless someone pipes in with a different suggestion....I'm going to hang the entire plant in about 55%RH. We'll see how that goes....and adjust if necessary. Pretty much the plan for my entire grow....:tiphat:

G

55% for a plant hanged whole and untrimmed sounds like perfect to me;) Also that Panama Haze is a complete stunner!I'd let her at least two weeks more since the picture was taken,maybe three.Nice to see you get to the finish line with almost zero problems,congrats :tiphat:

Old Toker

55% for a plant hanged whole and untrimmed sounds like perfect to me. Also that Panama Haze is a complete stunner!I'd let her at least two weeks more since the picture was taken,maybe three.Nice to see you get to the finish line with almost zero problems,congrats
Thank you Syd! Appreciate all your help in getting me here.
tiphat.gif

The pic of the PH is a little over a week old and she still needs another week of flush. This Friday is 16 weeks of 12/12 and I should have a better idea by this weekend about whether she needs additional time. I have to admit....I'm excited about trying some PH.

Old Toker

OK.....14 hours since the GTs were cut and a few newb observations that you experienced growers probably already knew.

1. Unless it's just too early for the harvested plants to REALLY smell.....then my 8" fan/filter is able to sufficiently "cleanse" the air in the garage (lung room). Very little smell in the garage....and none inside or outside the house. Pleasant surprise.....sure hope it continues.

2. Until you actually remove plants from an overcrowded vertical grow...it''s difficult to determine their actual size. The weaker GT that didn't "drink" as much....is half the size of the other GT. Buds are smaller...but definitely ready @15% or so amber. This is the one that I've been trimming buds off of for the last couple of weeks. I think her big sister just crowded her out.

3. Also surprising was how MUCH the PH had stretched behind the larger GT. If stretched out vertically....I bet the PH is 9-10' tall. YES....I will try to get a photo tonight.

Lastly....for those low life posters that enjoy hearing about my mistakes and misfortunes:
4. If you are trying to remove the entire plant ...instead of each individual branch.....have a plan for untying the branches from the vertical scrog net. I can tell you from first hand experience that cutting the main stem at the base and then working your way up the plant while untying 40+ pipe cleaners.....sounds good until those untied bud laden branches fall forward covering your head and shoulders while you are still attempting to untie the top branches....without breaking anything valuable. Sorry I don't have a photo of the Old Toker wearing a 6'+ bush over his head while stumbling out of the tent to hang it. Big fun.

Thanks again for all the help and support!:tiphat:

Attachments

• IMG_20170620_120923.jpg
    IMG_20170620_120923.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:

gorilla ganja

Congrats on the harvest OT. I knew you would fumble your way through to some sticky buds. One way or another. I had faith the whole time.
LMAO I can just imagine you come flying out of the tent with a GT attacking you. :biggrin:

:tiphat: Again good job old chap.

Peace GG

Old Toker

Congrats on the harvest OT.
Thank you GG! :tiphat:
My grow is a classic example of needing to actually do something wrong before you learn it. You can read hundreds of posts warning about not putting too many plants in too small of a space, or letting your sativas veg too long, and the importance of LST/super-cropping/pruning to keep them under control.....but...at least in my case....I actually had to make those mistakes myself to appreciate the wisdom.

Appreciate all the help and the sense of humor GG. Thanks again! :tiphat:

Old Toker

Here is the rest of the PH that I "discovered" behind the GTs. That wall is 60" wide and 80" tall. She is starting to yellow a little.

Decided to flush all the plants again with a couple of gallons of PH water. Also going to cut back the daily watering from 8X...to 3X...but with more runoff. Maybe 8X daily dosages of my 134 ppm water is enough to feed the girls and that's why the GTs didn't yellow as much as they should have? Can't image what difference it would make at this point. Anyone think I should stay with 8X watering schedule? :tiphat:

Attachments

• IMG_20170620_210712.jpg
    IMG_20170620_210712.jpg
    122.5 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_20170620_210748.jpg
    IMG_20170620_210748.jpg
    113.1 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_20170620_211316.jpg
    IMG_20170620_211316.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 15