What's new

Ace Purple Satellite

SolarLogos

Pollen was harvested a few days ago from males PS-2 and PS-4 and has been drying on rice, preparing for storage. Outdoors females PS 1 and 5 each had a lower branch pollinated today with PS-2, then wrapped in paper for a few days. Tomorrow I will pollinate them with PS-4. Here is a close-up of PS-1. She is going to produce a lot of bud compared to the other PS females I have; her branches are really stacking up. In addition, she is just over 6 foot (183 cm) from the top of the soil surface:

We have 14 hours 18 minutes of daylight today. Today's high temperature was 104F (40 C) and tomorrow is forecast for 105F.
Thanks for stopping by,
Peace, God bless

Koondense

Veteran
A question for Vermontman,
could you give a rough estimate on when will the Zacatecas tribute be available on the Ace site?
Thanks in advance ;)

Cheers

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

vermontman

Really happy to see so many good growers growing Purple Satellite outdoors this year.

Sure, Purple Satellite is a really special early flowering and colorful sativa, vermontman must be proud of her and hopefully he is also enjoying with all your updates in this thread.

I would like to thank you all for supporting this release. :thank you:
All the Purple Satellite stock has been sold out on our website, so we will need to wait for a new seed reproduction and seed release of the strain by vermontman.
Wish he is successfull producing a new batch! :ying:

Next 2 months are going to be interesting. Good luck everyone with the flowering of your Purple Satellites!

Hello Dubi!
I wanted to second your compliment on this fine thread and all the excellent grows already being presented here by these great growers. But I also wanted to thank you personally Dubi for your kind words. And yes to your question I am working feverishly to see your supply of Purple Satellite and several other new
releases this Fall.

SolarLogos

Two days ago I posted a pic of PS 3, which got a too close to the lights (only 8" from the LED panel).

Here is two days growth since then

I've been posting a lot of pictures of PS-1 outdoors; here is a bud shot of her clone from the flower room:

I'm glad I kept an extra clone of her in the veg room.
Peace, God bless

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Looking forward to it vermontman! :)

Best wishes with this year' breeding projects. :yes:

vermontman

A question for Vermontman,
could you give a rough estimate on when will the Zacatecas tribute be available on the Ace site?
Thanks in advance ;)

Cheers

Hello Koondense!
In short yes!
Currently working on restocking Purple Satellite and new releases this Fall/Winter.

Last edited:

vermontman

Shout out to the Community!
First I don't mean to pirate this wonderful thread, but because this relates to my Purple Satellite strain and some of my other work.
Some of you have seen posts of my work for quite some time, on here and other sites. Our community is strong as our support for each other is a brotherhood of gardeners.
But my integrity has been under attack on

Seed Finder [one word] a great resource and cannabis database.

It appears an ill hearted personality with a handle Vermontman802
is on his second attempt to discredit my work on that site. The first time the bogus review was removed by the administrator.
But it appears Vermontman802 has struck again on Seed Finder
making a statement stating Purple Satellite is pirated genetics.
The administrator has been notified again by myself, and soon again the bogus claim should be removed.

But in the mean time any positive feed from growers like you would be entirely welcome, and appreciated.
Thank you in advance,
Green Mountain Seeds
Vermontman

SolarLogos

Shout out to the Community!
First I don't mean to pirate this wonderful thread, but because this relates to my Purple Satellite strain and some of my other work.
Some of you have seen posts of my work for quite some time, on here and other sites. Our community is strong as our support for each other is a brotherhood of gardeners.
But my integrity has been under attack on

Seed Finder [one word] a great resource and cannabis database.

It appears an ill hearted personality with a handle Vermontman802
is on his second attempt to discredit my work on that site. The first time the bogus review was removed by the administrator.
But it appears Vermontman802 has struck again on Seed Finder
making a statement stating Purple Satellite is pirated genetics.
The administrator has been notified again by myself, and soon again the bogus claim should be removed.

But in the mean time any positive feed from growers like you would be entirely welcome, and appreciated.
Thank you in advance,
Green Mountain Seeds
Vermontman
Greetings my friend. I saw that review yesterday, but I saw it as, there will always be that one person that no matter what, they will be bitter and unhappy. I'm not too familiar with social media (other than here and email, I have never had a facebook or any accounts online), but if it's something we can sign up for, I will be happy to post my smoke report on Seed Finder once I have had a chance to grow it out and I'm sure others on here wouldn't mind doing the same.
Thank you again for all your dedication and hard work preserving and being a caretaker for these lines you are carrying. :thank you:Especially, it seems we have the same tastes in sativa:tiphat:
Peace, God bless

vermontman

Greetings my friend. I saw that review yesterday, but I saw it as, there will always be that one person that no matter what, they will be bitter and unhappy. I'm not too familiar with social media (other than here and email, I have never had a facebook or any accounts online), but if it's something we can sign up for, I will be happy to post my smoke report on Seed Finder once I have had a chance to grow it out and I'm sure others on here wouldn't mind doing the same.
Thank you again for all your dedication and hard work preserving and being a caretaker for these lines you are carrying. :thank you:Especially, it seems we have the same tastes in sativa:tiphat:
Peace, God bless

Thank you SolarL!
That would be terrific! There is a selection on there to refer people to this thread but I am not sure what this thread number is on here on IC.
I see today Seed Finder administrator took down the bogus write ups. I must say they were very quick to act when I contacted them.
Sooooo looking forward to your and other poster progress on here.:tiphat:

herbgreen

Veteran
I just checked its gone

I put in a report also w/link to this thread

maybe others did as well....must be vigilant to keep lineage straight here on the ole interweb

damn it! :biggrin:

SolarLogos

Thank you SolarL!
That would be terrific! There is a selection on there to refer people to this thread but I am not sure what this thread number is on here on IC.
I see today Seed Finder administrator took down the bogus write ups. I must say they were very quick to act when I contacted them.
Sooooo looking forward to your and other poster progress on here.:tiphat:
I'm not sure about a thread number, I'm not very good at electronics (I still use a flip phone) but can you copy and past the URL of this thread?
Here they are today enjoying some cooler weather; it dropped down 90F (32C).

One thing I learned, the roots grow straight down and don't really spread out much. If growing in pails, depth is more important than width of the pot. They don't like N much, lower ppm but more consistent feeding, ie., 5 days per week. In flower though, they love P-K and become heavy feeders (still low on N). I've really enjoyed getting to know these plants.
Thanks for stopping by.

Peace, God bless

vermontman

I'm not sure about a thread number, I'm not very good at electronics (I still use a flip phone) but can you copy and past the URL of this thread?
Here they are today enjoying some cooler weather; it dropped down 90F (32C).
https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=80361&pictureid=1963993View Image

One thing I learned, the roots grow straight down and don't really spread out much. If growing in pails, depth is more important than width of the pot. They don't like N much, lower ppm but more consistent feeding, ie., 5 days per week. In flower though, they love P-K and become heavy feeders (still low on N). I've really enjoyed getting to know these plants.
Thanks for stopping by.

Peace, God bless
I hear yha! on the flip phone that is where I am also.
What I do is I dig the pot into the earth just a bit and they root out the bottom, works great for giving them an extra boost, and when they get big the wind won't blow them over.

Max Q

Purple Sat Update

Purple Sat Update

Here are 2 Purple Sats in full flower (two in front.) The one on the left is root bound (put it in a smaller flower pot cause I thought it was gonna be male...) it's buds are further along...... Looks like a Triffid....

I did "super crop" a few branches..... didn't bother them a bit....

The size of them on my deck is just fine (about 6'2" from the deck) with me cause it's just for me, I'm no commercial grower, strictly amateur..... I don't really want them any bigger .... but in a larger pot or in the ground i think they would be monsters.... and I didn't put them out till mid June....

picture.php

Gonna be some "elbows" on these two.....

Here's crappy shot of a bud, the pistils are beginning to turn pink and some purple..... doesn't really show that well in this pic.... but take my word for it.

picture.php

Smells.... just beginning to get some smell and some frost....

Like Curly of 3 Stooges used to say: "I don't smell so good...." so who knows.

I'd say it is somewhat floral (rose maybe?)
.... sometimes I get hint of sweet and fruity,
but the smell seems to vary day by day.....

Overall...... looks like it's gonna be an excellent and early producer.

Last edited:

Max Q

Someone asked about how they clone....my experience was good:

I popped four seeds, all of them germed, I killed one jamming it into a rapid rooter with tweezers, the other three all turned out female.

I took clones, they rooted just fine in the aero cloner.... took 7 days, I had no trouble rooting the clones.

Last edited:

SolarLogos

Here are the two ladies this morning:

They are feeding an organic liquid bloom formula, 1,000 ppm, 5 days per week. I am keeping the pH at 6.8. Our temperatures have averaged in the mid 90's.

Daylight as of today: 13 hours 59 minutes.

My Neville's Haze x Panama Goddess clone got dusted with a PS male. If the NHxPan clone reverses, I will try the cross the other way and see how it comes out.
Thanks for stopping by.
Peace, God bless

vermontman

Here are the two ladies this morning:
<a href="https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=80361&pictureid=1965609" target="_blank">View Image <a href="https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=80361&pictureid=1965610" target="_blank">View Image
<a href="https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=80361&pictureid=1965611" target="_blank">View Image <a href="https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=80361&pictureid=1965612" target="_blank">View Image <a href="https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=80361&pictureid=1965613" target="_blank">View Image

They are feeding an organic liquid bloom formula, 1,000 ppm, 5 days per week. I am keeping the pH at 6.8. Our temperatures have averaged in the mid 90's.

Daylight as of today: 13 hours 59 minutes.

My Neville's Haze x Panama Goddess clone got dusted with a PS male. If the NHxPan clone reverses, I will try the cross the other way and see how it comes out.
Thanks for stopping by.
Peace, God bless

Looking amazing SolarLogos and MaxQ!