What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Ace Purple Old Timer's Haze x Meao Thai

Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Veteran
A few more shots of the girls...now in the garden.

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Veteran
Humble, see you next year! J/k but what do you think at least a 6 month cure?

3 months should start to show their potential, but yes, a 6 month cure is ideal. Unfortunately, my jar of Old Timer's Haze is getting small, so I'm not sure if I can wait even 3 months before I have to sample at least a little bit.

idiit

Veteran
3 months should start to show their potential, but yes, a 6 month cure is ideal. Unfortunately, my jar of Old Timer's Haze is getting small, so I'm not sure if I can wait even 3 months before I have to sample at least a little bit.
below is a quote from your friend gkn:

You honour me charlie! Thanks so much troesma!!!
You're absolutely right about that special qualities in the high wich can't be easily replicated nowadays. I don't know if its only due to genetic diversity lost, or it's because an hybrid as such captures the essence of the time and the vibes of the people who bred it.
The OldTimer's Haze opened my mind in many different ways, from grower perspective, from smoker perspective and from cannabis lover in all. It never ceased to surprise me, from the time i read about it, to the time when i was smoking the last buds of my purple haze almost two years after germinating the seed! At that point i had some trips on it that were a complete blow-out for me. Truely psychedelic experiences that you get from entheogens like mushrooms or LSD.
But for people who didn't fell in love with her like i did, maybe it wasn't 'too potent' or 'too tasty', because they have different parameters for potency or taste. For me is, withouth doubt, among the best (and i've grown and smoked lots, believe me).
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?p=3615264#post3615264

thanks to both of you for your posts. i'm running some phz from ace now and am really looking forward to playing with this strain; pure and hybrids. i smoked most of my golden tigers way too early last year. after they got a 6 month cure they went from a dense heavy musclebound smoke into a wonderful gourmet narcotic dreamland trip weed smoke.

cure time on some of the landraces per my experiences starts at 30 days(not 6 weeks) and based on gkn's quote can be continued for more than a year for improved results.

Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Veteran
below is a quote from your friend gkn:

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?p=3615264#post3615264

thanks to both of you for your posts. i'm running some phz from ace now and am really looking forward to playing with this strain; pure and hybrids. i smoked most of my golden tigers way too early last year. after they got a 6 month cure they went from a dense heavy musclebound smoke into a wonderful gourmet narcotic dreamland trip weed smoke.

cure time on some of the landraces per my experiences starts at 30 days(not 6 weeks) and based on gkn's quote can be continued for more than a year for improved results.

idiit,

Thanks for digging this quote from gkn up. It is really his initial posts on Old Timer's haze that got me interested in these genetics. I've got a little bit of my old pure OTH stash left and it is as good as it gets. My favorite go too jar. Aging these genetics really brings out something special. I just got a pm from gkn that a little care package I sent made it safe and sound. I'm sure there will be some fun posts from him down the road...

I decided to take a lower bud to really look at trichome condition under the scope. About 85% milky with a few clear and very little amber. I think these plants will come down in the next week, but I'm hoping a little mid summer sun will ripen them just right.

picture.php
picture.php

Smells are a little green (like the tomatoes) with must and spice and a hint of fruit floral. Not much purpling of these plants, but there is a hint as you can see.

Can't wait to see how your P Haze turn out. Keep us all posted.

Best,

gkn

high friendz!!!

i agree with you idiit, but i don't think the curing improves much beyond the 6-8 months lapse, i think it reaches it's peak there, and from then on it slowly starts to degrade in quality. Altough is much better to smoke a 9 month cured bud than a 3 month cured bud.

saludos!

idiit

Veteran
^really appreciated. looking forward to some very nice smoke.
i really just learned this last year about the extended cure time required for top level smoking experiences. this is where posts like the above help out tremendously.

Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Veteran
high friendz!!!

i agree with you idiit, but i don't think the curing improves much beyond the 6-8 months lapse, i think it reaches it's peak there, and from then on it slowly starts to degrade in quality. Altough is much better to smoke a 9 month cured bud than a 3 month cured bud.

saludos!

gkn,

You really need to post a few pictures of the Quorra plants. Feel free to put them here if you want. They are amazing. I love the phenos leaning in between the Purple OTH and the Trainwreck. In some of the purple leaning, I totally see that old beautiful OTH clone you had. It is such a shame she is lost, but I'm hopeful you find something similar in the future.

All the best...

gkn

Thanks friends!
Yes, too bad i lost the OTH clone but thanks to you i have some seeds! Don't know if i'll plant them next season because i'll be moving to amsterdam in June 2013 and i don't think they'll finish by that time.
Here some of the Quorra plants (OTH/TW47)

OTHxTW_1460.jpg

OTHxTW_1514.jpg

OTHxTW_1519.jpg

OTHxTW_1496.jpg

OTHxTW_1458.jpg

saludos!

Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Veteran
Thanks friends!
Yes, too bad i lost the OTH clone but thanks to you i have some seeds! Don't know if i'll plant them next season because i'll be moving to amsterdam in June 2013 and i don't think they'll finish by that time.
Here some of the Quorra plants (OTH/TW47)

View Image
View Image
View Image
View Image
View Image

saludos!

She is a very nice cross, gkn...that is for sure. I'm looking forward to running her.

Amsterdam, huh? I think these haze crosses will need to start flowering indoors early and then outdoors to finish correctly. I have faith you will do them proud when the time comes. I make it to Amsterdam once every year or two. Let me know when you've made the move!

Latest posts

Latest posts