What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Ace Purple Old Timer's Haze x Meao Thai

Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Veteran
Shots of the Purple Haze x Thai F1's at close to 14 weeks today.

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

picture.php

Smells are acrid (industrial) fruit and funk. Lower branches have calyx swell and on the second, stacking. It may be water from here on out. Temps are too hot...high 80's today. Some stretch at the top, but I saw that outdoors too, so may not be heat related.

I'm guessing lower branches could be taken in another week to 10 days, top branches, maybe a week or so after.

Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Veteran
The last shots above were from a lower branch. Here's a picture up top, still filling in.

picture.php

Here are the baby F3's. First a shot of the two mum 3 plants.

picture.php

The first Mum 4

picture.php

Second

picture.php

And the pure purple haze pair.

picture.php

Should be able to start sexing soon.

Painfull

Do you go by trichrome color to tell if those long hazes are done? And do you let them amber? I don't like the high when trics amber on a haze/sativa.

Pain:tiphat:

Gerardbutler79

Veteran
gorgeous.. looking thai dominant in the F1's. The pure purple haze look insane! Can't wait to see how those F3's turn out. I'm betting they'll show the perfect combo of purple haze and thai traits. :peacock:

Prest1

I have just placed an order for some of these Hazes, looking forward to seeing what comes from them.

Ur Humbl Nr8tor, thats some good looking Hazes you have growing. The bud strucutre looks much better than I had expected, I was expecting wispy loose buds. Well done and fair play!

Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Veteran
Do you go by trichrome color to tell if those long hazes are done? And do you let them amber? I don't like the high when trics amber on a haze/sativa.

Pain:tiphat:
I like to see a solid portion of cloudy trichomes. You will find a few ambers on the oldest portions of the flower. Amber will continue in dry and cure. 5% amber is fine enough by me. The biggest thing I am looking for is the calyx swell and resin coverage. These really long sativas (at least the OTH and crosses) have tiny calyxes to begin with...they swell as they are ripening. It's a quite noticeable difference.
picture.php

Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Veteran
I have just placed an order for some of these Hazes, looking forward to seeing what comes from them.

Ur Humbl Nr8tor, thats some good looking Hazes you have growing. The bud strucutre looks much better than I had expected, I was expecting wispy loose buds. Well done and fair play!

Feel free to PM me with any questions. Ace is the place for Haze.

Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Veteran
gorgeous.. looking thai dominant in the F1's. The pure purple haze look insane! Can't wait to see how those F3's turn out. I'm betting they'll show the perfect combo of purple haze and thai traits. :peacock:

Ahh, but we must all wait. These F3's aren't going to be ready till the New Year at the earliest...

Thanks well in advance for staying tuned.

Infinitesimal

my strength is a number, and my soul lies in every
ICMag Donor
Veteran
man... I'm sorry I got to the party late.

for sure I was thinking thai dominant while scrolling through the pics... the whole bud structure screams to me highland thai.

I have a question for you Humble and or Dubi...

do you guys think that a progressively longer dark period could help a bit with the foxtailing and constant new growth sometime reported in phenotypes of tropical and equatorial Sativas?
picture.php

I know thats not that bad really... but just to illustrate. Ideally I'd like to keep that foxtail on the left a bit shorter ( the stem is a little stretched)... I know thats nit picking and I wouldn't really have a problem with it, but just wondering if can be minimized?

great grow... and great job with the genes

thanks for the help guys,
peace,
Infi

Painfull

:headbangeMan, i love the hazes and i go back to the 70ties. But growing hazes indoor is a choir. Asking all the haze grower from Ace what would you recommend that has a haze high but without the long flowering time and hight.

Pain:good:

Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Veteran
man... I'm sorry I got to the party late.

for sure I was thinking thai dominant while scrolling through the pics... the whole bud structure screams to me highland thai.

I have a question for you Humble and or Dubi...

do you guys think that a progressively longer dark period could help a bit with the foxtailing and constant new growth sometime reported in phenotypes of tropical and equatorial Sativas?
View Image
I know thats not that bad really... but just to illustrate. Ideally I'd like to keep that foxtail on the left a bit shorter ( the stem is a little stretched)... I know thats nit picking and I wouldn't really have a problem with it, but just wondering if can be minimized?

great grow... and great job with the genes

thanks for the help guys,
peace,
Infi

Worthy question, Infi...although I've seen the same stretch on the Old Timer's Haze grown outdoors...but that was at the tale end of the grow when daylight was starting to climb again (still under 12/12). May dubi can chime in...

Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Veteran
:headbangeMan, i love the hazes and i go back to the 70ties. But growing hazes indoor is a choir. Asking all the haze grower from Ace what would you recommend that has a haze high but without the long flowering time and hight.

Pain:good:

The Old Timers Haze x Panama could give you a reduction in height and flowering time to some degree. These plants do well in SCROG or other bondage type set ups. I'm hoping to get a cross of Thai/Haze x DJ Sort F13 keeping flowering times down and haze high intact.

Happy hunting.

Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Veteran
So, we are going to be coming to an end on the P. Haze x Meao Thai F1's very soon. Whether completely ready or not. As suspected, the space they were in has come to an end. They are now back where they started...outdoors in the soon to be waning summer sun. Still fresh white pistil formation as they've foxtailed nicely (due to genetics and summer heat) yet almost 90% of the plant appears to be milky trichomes with very few clear and no sign of amber. Unfortunately, I fed them a few days ago thinking I could push on in the space for a few more weeks. Now the plan is to flood/leach and straight water finish for a week or so. Push them close to 16 weeks and set them free. I had to abduct them from their space today. Black plastic bags and duct tape. The get away car smelled strongly of musky spice and metal...some rubber and fruit. Much like the original OTH I grew, but more aromatic. Rightfully so, these would do marvelous outdoors with a 18 week or so grow. They would be monsters.

I hope to post a few more pics before the end. Now they are shoved in between some out of control 5M tall tomato plants.

Infinitesimal

my strength is a number, and my soul lies in every
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Going to be a good while before an adequate report can be given Gerard. These genetics do best with a nice long cure.

Will keep you posted.

Humble, see you next year! J/k but what do you think at least a 6 month cure?

Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Veteran
A few random shots about week 15. Maybe some more this weekend.

picture.php
picture.php

picture.php
picture.php

I noticed my first ambers on a lower branch, and nearly all cloudy. They are just about ready to come down.