What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Ace Purple Old Timer's Haze x Meao Thai

Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Veteran
You're quite fortunate to live in a climate where you can put plants outside in the winter! The only thing growing here is the grass due to a "warm" winter.The plants look great so far.I'm about to go check my VB/Thais, maybe they've shown sex today.Good luck with the outdoor and may the sun shine brightly overhead!

Yes Chaco, I can't complain about the location or the lovely weather we've been having. I started these pretty late, even for a winter grow, so I don't think they will get all that large by the time they are in full flower, but that's ok. More of a test run to see if I want to clone and run again next year.

I'm keeping an eye on your grow. You seem to do just fine indoors in the land of .01%

Take care.

Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Veteran
Definitely watching this one UHN. Been trying to decide on what to pick up from Ace for the rainy season and this is one I'm seriously thinking about. In fact, I think it's already in my SB shopping cart. They look beautiful. Good luck with those girls.

Thanks for stopping by kamyo. I would double check with Dubi on the Haze x Thai stock that SB has right now. My understanding is some new stock should be available soon (if not already). I'm being told that the new purple haxe x thai stock is showing some great coloration and leans heavily towards a true old school purple haze.

Best luck out there in the rain.

Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Veteran
This weeks updates confirms both P. Haze x Thai plants are females. Here they are along with the MOD female.

If I decide to keep them in flower outside, they are not going to produce a whole lot, but I should be able to get a feel for their potential and possibly clone. Since my grow space has shrunk considerably this year, I am considering another space where I can set up indoors and really start to sift through some of these genetics. I've got a nice cache of Purple Haze x Thai seeds from F3 stock with multiple Mothers, so it may be nice to play around with them some more. I would love to get another round of the original Old Timer's Haze in, but we will have to see if I can find a suitable outdoor space for next year. Of course I want to run the Panama I have as well as many other genetics in my arsenal, but patience will need to be the better part of valor. Damn the medical limits and draconian laws...

Terpene

I love the smell of cannabis in the morning
Veteran
This weeks updates confirms both P. Haze x Thai plants are females. Here they are along with the MOD female.

If I decide to keep them in flower outside, they are not going to produce a whole lot, but I should be able to get a feel for their potential and possibly clone. Since my grow space has shrunk considerably this year, I am considering another space where I can set up indoors and really start to sift through some of these genetics. I've got a nice cache of Purple Haze x Thai seeds from F3 stock with multiple Mothers, so it may be nice to play around with them some more. I would love to get another round of the original Old Timer's Haze in, but we will have to see if I can find a suitable outdoor space for next year. Of course I want to run the Panama I have as well as many other genetics in my arsenal, but patience will need to be the better part of valor. Damn the medical limits and draconian laws...

Sounds to me like those need to be topped, then tossed under some horizontally suspended deer fencing so they flatten out (keeps the visual profile down on the super stretchy ones) I have seen some KILLER outdoor scrogs done this way with incredible result.

Check out this video - 20 seconds in is the idea I'm talking about. Obviously, yours would be a bit closer to the ground - probably 2 feet off the dirt should be about right.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPSHxdB55ys

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
High UHN!

It would be great to compare the Purple Haze F2/F3 generation with the F1 plants i think are growing right now. I did it this season and it was a joy of colors and tropical expressions.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
High UHN!

It would be great to compare the Purple Haze F2/F3 generation with the F1 plants i think are growing right now. I did it this season and it was a joy of colors and tropical expressions.

Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Veteran
Sounds to me like those need to be topped, then tossed under some horizontally suspended deer fencing so they flatten out (keeps the visual profile down on the super stretchy ones) I have seen some KILLER outdoor scrogs done this way with incredible result.

Check out this video - 20 seconds in is the idea I'm talking about. Obviously, yours would be a bit closer to the ground - probably 2 feet off the dirt should be about right.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPSHxdB55ys

Yep, Terpene...an outdoor scrog can grow some wicked low profile plants. These spend most of their time under a small makeshift greenhouse canopy. I pull them out to follow the sun for a few extra hours when I'm able. Reality is that these are just now starting to flower. In a month, we will be back to >12 hours sunlight. I think my best bet is to either finish as is indoors starting in a couple of weeks, or revert to veg, clone and do it right indoors with an eye towards a possible outdoor grow at the right time next season. Thanks for staying tuned. More to come...

Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Veteran
High UHN!

dubi,

I am looking into an indoor space later today. If things work out, I would be up and running in the next month. If I secure this space, I intend to start some of the new Purple Haze x Thai seed stock and run the F1's I've got growing now as clones along side. This will give an excellent opportunity to compare several different females. I will also have my eye out for any unique males. I've got an idea to run some DJ Short F13 and do a cross between the two. Since male F13's are hard to find (viable at least), I may need to go the route of using the PHaze x Thai as the male donor. I'm considering doing the same with Sour Diesel, as both would be interesting and unique crosses. Stay tuned...

Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Veteran
Sunny shots today...

I put the first month rent down on my soon to be new medical grow site. I've got to do some building out to get it retro fitted to my needs, butI anticipate starting some new Purple Haze x Thai stock soon. Most likely will reveg these two and take clones to run along side. I haven't decided how I will lay things out just yet, but I'm considering two 430 watt HPS Son Agro bulbs (maybe vertical) along with LED's overhead. I found a 300W LED system that has a nice spectrum including UV and infrared. I think that may be an added bonus for my sativa searches. I will have more to come on this...

Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Veteran
Some shots from last week. After I took the shots, I topped the two Purple Haze x Thai and am just about ready to pot into 7.5 liter smart pots. I will take a few cuttings and see if I can clone them under 24 hours of light.

The slightly thinner, lighter green leaf haze x thai has pistils that are beginning to dry to a magenta/purple color. That one smells a little fruitier while the slightly thicker, darker green plant has a bit more of the metallic aroma I noted in the green haze line I grew. The latter has more side branching while the former is a much more vertical plant. I'm leaving town for a week, so I will be interested to see how these sprout up now that they have some more space to stretch their legs.

Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Veteran
And a week later...

The thin bladed plant has its large oldest ovaries turning a lovely shade of purple...

I'm hoping to finally have my new growing space sorted out and can move in in the next few weeks. It's soon going to be +12 hours outdoor light soon, so there's no way these can finish outdoors.

Terpene

I love the smell of cannabis in the morning
Veteran
lol Highlighters got it all wrong! :biggrin: Put that thing in a 5 gallon bucket, top it and let it RUN!:woohoo:

G

guest121295

How big is a "big" airpot? I'm just starting a few haze cuts in one Highlighter gave me, its about 3gal I think.When I cleaned out the airpot from the first grow it was clear that the roots had turned back to the middle, there was no whirling root mass around the outside and the plant was a very long way from being pot bound.The plant was a Chem clone and was in there about 80 days total and I used only organic nutes for entertainment, the coco thing has soo many angles its almost speeding out ahead of me.Its the AK-47(the gun) of hydro-media.Could just be me!:)

Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Veteran
lol Highlighters got it all wrong! :biggrin: Put that thing in a 5 gallon bucket, top it and let it RUN!:woohoo:

Now that I am hoping I've got my room situation sorted out, I will look into buying a couple larger airpots. These mid size pots will still grow a nice 3 foot tree, but I am considering letting a few of these hazes go. Most likely, I will be Scrogging in some fashion. The next runs should be a little more to your liking Terpene...

Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Veteran
We think alike, using small airpots to try and tame these beasts!

:good:

I kept these in the solo cups a bit too long. Would have liked another meter or so of vertical growth, but yeah...small pots will do wonders for curbing the stretch on these wild sativas. Just keep em watered and add a light handed nutrient feed here and there...

Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Veteran
How big is a "big" airpot? I'm just starting a few haze cuts in one Highlighter gave me, its about 3gal I think.When I cleaned out the airpot from the first grow it was clear that the roots had turned back to the middle, there was no whirling root mass around the outside and the plant was a very long way from being pot bound.The plant was a Chem clone and was in there about 80 days total and I used only organic nutes for entertainment, the coco thing has soo many angles its almost speeding out ahead of me.Its the AK-47(the gun) of hydro-media.Could just be me!:)

Hey CHACO, these are around 2.5gal, I'm guessing and I've run some pretty nice size plants delivering a few zips a piece. Like you said, they do a great job of pushing the roots back towards the center of the pot. I use an organic soil mix that I cook up myself. Still not sure I'm ready (after 20 years of tending) to mess around with coco but I am a little coco-curious.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hey CHACO, these are around 2.5gal, I'm guessing and I've run some pretty nice size plants delivering a few zips a piece. Like you said, they do a great job of pushing the roots back towards the center of the pot. I use an organic soil mix that I cook up myself. Still not sure I'm ready (after 20 years of tending) to mess around with coco but I am a little coco-curious.

High all!

Coco and good coco fertilizers improve a lot the vegetative cannabis growth, especially because coco provides a better oxygene rate than compost based soils. But my personal preference is to use organic soil mix for flowering to get the best terpene quality in your plants. I feel 100 % coco flowered plants lack a bit of character and doesnt express the whole aromatic potential of the plant.

Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Veteran
High all!

Coco and good coco fertilizers improve a lot the vegetative cannabis growth, especially because coco provides a better oxygene rate than compost based soils. But my personal preference is to use organic soil mix for flowering to get the best terpene quality in your plants. I feel 100 % coco flowered plants lack a bit of character and doesnt express the whole aromatic potential of the plant.

Perhaps I will read a little more on coco and experiment with it in my blend.

Thanks,