What's new

Ace Purple Old Timer's Haze x Meao Thai

Gerardbutler79

Veteran
UHN.. ya ought to get some nominations for pic of the month/year with some of those. I'm guessing you received the purple haze as a clone lol that thing is gonna go forever man. Its why I made a stink about fem seeds for these sort of lines but like terpene said tough it out with that one I'm sure it'll be worth it just for the seeds alone. Dubi crossed thai into the line because it was so inbred it lacked any vigor especially with isolating the purple pheno. The pure purple haze x F13 should be an animal in the grow room. I don't think it'll come out better than the purple panama but hey ya never know haha. Good luck with this man

ThaiBliss

Veteran
The smell of rotting and fermented berries, must, spice and rubber is strong on 3b. I'm curious as hell to how she will smell and taste in the final cure.

I need a macro lens. The trichomes are calling me...

I'll be popping some 3b/F-13(he/she) in a few months to see what might come out of these seeds. In the meantime, I will be finishing this plant off over the next couple of weeks and getting a replacement 3b clone into flower once that's done.

Fantastic plant, dubi!

Looks awfully good, even with the mishap. I'll be drooling no matter how many times you post that one. Can't wait for the smoke report also!

kamyo

Veteran
I was wondering what I might expect to see from clones taken from my phaze/thai mother plant that started flowering not long after the cuttings were taken. They've all rooted well and are starting to really take off in the last week. I'm unsure if this is stretching or just strong growth. Never cloned like this outdoors before. From Chaman's old posts in his thread, it seems like many of his clones taken outdoors flowered soon after rooting and didn't get very big. Most of the cuttings are approaching 1ft now and it would be great if they didn't get much bigger, as space is an issue. Hope that question makes sense. Also, 12/12 year round here. Thanks.

Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Veteran
UHN.. ya ought to get some nominations for pic of the month/year with some of those. I'm guessing you received the purple haze as a clone lol that thing is gonna go forever man. Its why I made a stink about fem seeds for these sort of lines but like terpene said tough it out with that one I'm sure it'll be worth it just for the seeds alone. Dubi crossed thai into the line because it was so inbred it lacked any vigor especially with isolating the purple pheno. The pure purple haze x F13 should be an animal in the grow room. I don't think it'll come out better than the purple panama but hey ya never know haha. Good luck with this man

Thanks for the kudos, Gerard. The pure purple haze is from seed. The structure was looking good considering an indoor grow and then the light issues over a couple of days really messed with her. I'll keep her going a bit longer until I decide what to do with her.

I like the sounds of the PH x Panama. That has to be some impressive plant power.

Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Veteran
I was wondering what I might expect to see from clones taken from my phaze/thai mother plant that started flowering not long after the cuttings were taken. They've all rooted well and are starting to really take off in the last week. I'm unsure if this is stretching or just strong growth. Never cloned like this outdoors before. From Chaman's old posts in his thread, it seems like many of his clones taken outdoors flowered soon after rooting and didn't get very big. Most of the cuttings are approaching 1ft now and it would be great if they didn't get much bigger, as space is an issue. Hope that question makes sense. Also, 12/12 year round here. Thanks.

Kamyo, I would venture about 3x stretch. Some phenos a little less. How tall were the clones?

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi all! :)

Ur Humbl Nr8tor, im very interested about the Purple Haze Thai x F13 cross. DJ shorts' indica lines are very special and they mix very well with african sativas, but i also have the feeling that the cross of purple haze with the purple flo/blueberry traits will produce a very interesting sativa/indica mix.

We have not found hermie plants in the Purple Haze Thai and Green Haze Thai lines. Surprisingly, they are very firm in sex, especially when you consider their strong tropical sativa roots and the very landrace profile of the hybrids. Hope the purple haze thai 'hides' a bit the f13's hermie tendencies in your hybrid.

Best wishes!! ;)

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran

Greetins kamyo,

How many weeks are the clones into flowering ? Small tropical sativa clones placed outdoors straight under 12/12 still can reach 2-3 ft easily.

A pic would help to identify the stage of flowering and to estimate the upcoming stretching.

Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Veteran
dubi,

I had the pleasure of growing DJ's Flo many years ago. It was a very nice experience. Not much in the yield, but the effects were a very nice mix leaning towards the sativa spectrum. Early to mature. I've placed an order for some more F-13 as I would like to find males with less hermi influence.

You are correct from my experience. No hermi traits observed in the Haze/Thai lines and a few of the plants I've grown have been stressed with the light issues I've reported.

If the F1's show any real signs of hermi tendencies with this current cross, then I won't move beyond that in selection. I'll just discard and try again. If F1's look to have minimal influence, say < 5% then I would do a selection of F2's as that is where I am guessing the hermi traits would really begin to show themselves.

Thanks, it is through your and the Ace teams efforts that I can even begin to fool around with such crosses.

kamyo

Veteran
Dubi & UHN,

I'll get pics in a day or 2. Clones were about 4 inches from soil when they rooted and a few of them have about doubled in size, if not a little more. Bent the top down and staked it to help with branching and height. Also in ~2 litre pots or so. The clones havent started flowering yet. They're all doing remarkably well, just hoping they stay manageable. Thanks for the input.

Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Veteran
picture.php

Pregnant Ladies are beautiful. These are finishing nicely with a belly full of seeds.

ThaiBliss

Veteran
View Image

Pregnant Ladies are beautiful. These are finishing nicely with a belly full of seeds.

Wow! Starting to look like a high grade Columbian strain. There is a guy named Red Rider that probably would like to gander at that beautiful 3b PHT. It's starting to look Rainbow like.

Your buds always wind up looking so nice, Ur Humbl Nr8tor. Congratulations.

I have a couple of Neville's Haze children queued up after my SAGE x PHT finishes up. After seeing 3b, I'm actually starting to hope they both turn out male so I can pop some more PHT seeds. I hope to find one that looks like that.

Cheers,

ThaiBliss

ThaiBliss

Veteran
Ur Humbl Nr8tor,

Haven't heard from you in a while. The buds were looking very close last time. Hope that you got seeds saved. I'd love to hear a smoke report on that 3b.

I was digging into another Purple Haze Thai thread, and found some nice pictures. Do you remember these?

https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=23027&pictureid=531423

https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=23027&pictureid=540857

I think these old pics above look like my PHT male:

Looking back at them now, I think I can see the Thai in them more than I initially thought. These remind me of a strain that a friend gave me called "Perky". It was Thai crossed with a clean dense budded indica. I know this because the indica side popped out in a backcross test. The buds of the Thai x indica cross looked like these pics from the old PHT thread. For "Perky", I remember that if you reduced the hours of light to 8 with 16 hours dark in the last two weeks, the buds exploded like popcorn.

I took that "Perky" strain and crossed it with one called "Seeing God". I believe that was a spicy Nepalese plant that ripened in the second week of September at 42 degrees north. It had very thin and very long sativa spear buds. That "Seeing God" was the first plant I ever grew that I considered world class. The "Perky" was good also, but was a bit nerve racking, hence the name. The cross between them was the most successful pollen chucking I have ever done.

Regards,

ThaiBliss

Last edited:
Narrator - please tell me you are in SoCal so I can get some of those seeds! Amazing plants!!!

I tried Malawi, Mulanje, and Mozambique Poison last year and got some big plants that never quite finished outside. I am going to keep working on the pure Sativa lines though till I get it right. The Mulanje is fire :)

Cheers,
Mo

Painfull

I am also growing some old Flo from Dutch passion I think before DJ went on his own. Planning on doing some Ace sativa on my next grow round but still not sure what to grow. They have some nice selections. I am leaning toward their golden tiger.

Painfull:watchplant:

Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Veteran
Narrator - please tell me you are in SoCal so I can get some of those seeds! Amazing plants!!!

I tried Malawi, Mulanje, and Mozambique Poison last year and got some big plants that never quite finished outside. I am going to keep working on the pure Sativa lines though till I get it right. The Mulanje is fire :)

http://s1050.photobucket.com/user/threadstix/media/MG HS/MainlineMulanjeBGDec02.png.htmlView Image

Cheers,
Mo

Rusty,

No idea if these genetics are worth a while. I'll test a few soon to see.

Whatever you're growing, it looks great!

Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Veteran
Some shots of the Purple Haze Thais finishing up.

4b

picture.php

picture.php

This plant was a strange one from the get go. The wide leaves just didn't quite look right. They were also prone to powdery mildew in veg. Unfortunately, while finishing the seed production, several branches got botrytis pretty bad and had to be removed. The rest of the plant is drying now. Aroma is very pleasant and more akin to the green haze line than the purple line. I'll do a smoke test on her, but likely I will turn this one into bubble hash, scrap the seeds and move on.

3b

picture.php

picture.php

3b is well ready for harvest, but I'm going to let it run this week to allow a few more seeds to fully ripen. The aroma is really nice on this plant. Fresh and fermented berry with that musty back drop. Large ripe calyxes with very nice trichome concentration.

Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Veteran
picture.php

Dj's F13 (left) and PHT 3b clone (right).

picture.php

In bondage. I'm going to attempt a vert run this go around. These will veg for another week or so to get used to their new soil and then I will flip to 12/12.

picture.php

Here's a shot of the cab after I got my 4 new 20 gallon no till pots planted. On the far left are the Chitral Kushes, back left/center original Strawberry Diesel, right corner is the F13 and 3b PHT. I've got a tiny Panama in there as well. Can you find it?

ThaiBliss

Veteran
The Champagne of Cannabis

The Champagne of Cannabis

Ur Humbl Nr8tor,

Glad to see another run of the 3b PHT starting. I'm not sure how having seeds affects the high, but I'm curious of your opinion. I do know that many great smokes had seeds back in the day.

My SAGE plant has been hit heavily with PHT pollen at a very early flowering stage. Almost no throwing of more pistils occurred after pollination. SAGE normally goes three months to ripen, but this heavily seeded one looks about done after two months. It has a lot of clear resins, a lot of cloudy, and some amber. Some seeds are ripe, and starting to look like they might drop on their own. I will probably take it soon, as it will probably have hundreds, if not thousands of viable seeds.

I'm anxious to get the next batch going. When the next is done, I can try some more PHT seeds. I have only two plants primed for the next batch. If they happen to be males, I get to sprout some PHT seeds immediately. After seeing my male PHT, Humbl's 3b, and other photos, I'm really anxious to try these again.

I think that the SAGE and PHT will be a cross that will be very colorful. In the SAGE, I have seen golden brown, light red, and purple to almost black colors depending on conditions. Dubi has a picture of a reddish PHT flower on his website that looks delicious. I expect the quality of the high from the cross will be very high. The SAGE may not be the most potent, but the effects are sublime. The reputation of the OTH and OTH x Meao Thai are of superb quality. Someone called these "the champagne of cannabis".

:biggrin:

I think that the children of the cross I have made will be a great test of the PHT strain. I believe that testing the children is more valuable than a test of a mother plant.

Here are some pics of SAGE with the PHT pollinated flowers:

Here is a picture of a SAGE flower from a previous batch that has cured to a greenish grey/brown color with some hints of dark purple here and there, but the picture did not seem to catch that colors so well. From a distance, it appears to have a mauve hue or glow emanating from it:

Cheers,

ThaiBliss

Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Veteran
The SAGE looks nice Thai Bliss. Will be a nice cross.

Here are a few pics of the dry purple haze x meao thai 4b Mum, as dubi called her.

Only very mild purple hues were ever seen on this plant.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Aroma and effects are much more like the green haze and green haze/thai's I've tried. Astringent, spicy, woody and grassy (given fresh samples). Flavor is slightly floral and spicy. Nice taste for fresh...Very electric highly caffeinated effect. Initial blast off into space. Thoughts race. Didn't seem to make my heart rate jump, but it was a reasonable sample. Very trippy in a sort of cartoonish way. Just sit back, stare straight ahead and hold on. For the effect, kind of wish I kept this one to run seedless, but it was still a pain with the mildew and mold issues. Light Yielder as well compared to 3b although I still filled full two jars.