What's new

Ace Purple Old Timer's Haze x Meao Thai

Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Veteran
Hello Ur Hmbl Nr8tor,

It has been a while since your last PHT 3b picture. Actually, it has only been about 10 days, but of all the plants I look forward to seeing updates to, your 3b and Yoss33's Zamaldelica are the ones that I get withdrawals from not seeing in a while. I'm hoping you will give us an update soon.

Hope all is well. :dance013:

Thanks,

ThaiBliss

Ask and you shall receive, though the shots were few and quickly snapped.

picture.php

picture.php

And here is the first PHT 3b x hermi F13 (male then female) flowered from seed.

picture.php

I'll be watching close to see if the female parts start sprouting any male parts.

I bought a new lens and tripod today (not used in these shots), so I hope to have some more photos next week.

Best,

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
It's a plasure to see how they are growing with the new setup and new soil, we all must take note of the soil mix.

The PHT 3b is very elegant, with such sativa presence and thin leaves, it's addictive to see her in the pics. Good vibes Ur Humbl Nr8tor :tiphat:

Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Veteran
It's a plasure to see how they are growing with the new setup and new soil, we all must take note of the soil mix.

Those interested of the soil need to look at the first few pages of the now closed ROLS thread in the organic soil section. Mine is a hybrid of used re-amended soil and new soil based on Gascanastan and Coots soil recipes. Shame to see those folks gone from IC. They were inspirations to this type of growing style. I made up about 400 liters of soil at around 27% peat 8% coir 25% lava rock 8% perilite/vermiculite and 33% humic materials (EWC + Compost). To that I added things like rock dust, green sand, kelp meal, fish bone meal, Rock Phosphate, lime mix, etc. I hydrated the peat and coir first then added components and mix welled. Hit with a couple ACT's during a 3-4 week curing period (should have gone longer, but I need the soil).

I apply more or less on a weekly basis:

Young fresh (no preservative) coconut water (diluted 1/2 cup per 4 liters) in a drench 1 x a week.

Ful-Power at recommended concentrations 1 x week (foliar in veg, soil drench in flower)

1 x a month, I swap the ful-power for their TM7 fulvic and trace blend.

Fresh aloe vera fillet. About 3-4 inches. Vitamix in clean water and strained of pulp. This goes into a gallon of fresh water and can be foliar and drenched in veg and drenched only in flower. 1 x week.

Barley Seed Sprout tea. Maybe 1-2 Tablespoons allowed to sprout over several days and then blended in pure water. Added to 4L's clean water and drenched 1 x week.

1 x month I will make an ACT with EWC, Kelp meal and in flower a little high P bat guano. Soil drench.

These things have kept me away from the hydro stores for a good long while and I don't even know where my pH pen is any more.

Anyone with more interest, pm me.

The PHT 3b is very elegant, with such sativa presence and thin leaves, it's addictive to see her in the pics. Good vibes Ur Humbl Nr8tor :tiphat:
I couldn't agree more, dubi. Great appreciation to you and to Ace for putting the effort into such a lovely hybrid sativa!

Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Veteran
Looking really good Ur Humbl Nr8tor, just grabbed some of these.

draztik, you won't be sorry. Make a good organic soil and feed the soil which will in turn feed the plants. If you do this, and have the patience, these flowers will reward you with the most unique of experiences.

Let me know if you'd like any more info. Good luck and show us how they turn out for you.

man, I just LOVE your updates, your plants reek healthyness!

are you tying those girls against the wall?

i´ve been reading up on vertical SCROGING and have been thrilled about the method, I really wanna give it a go as soon as my flower room is done building!......

congradultions on your sativa diva! reminds me of the good days:headbange

keep the awsomwe pics comming!

peace OUT! :tiphat:

Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Veteran
man, I just LOVE your updates, your plants reek healthyness!

are you tying those girls against the wall?

i´ve been reading up on vertical SCROGING and have been thrilled about the method, I really wanna give it a go as soon as my flower room is done building!......

congradultions on your sativa diva! reminds me of the good days:headbange

keep the awsomwe pics comming!

peace OUT! :tiphat:

Thanks for the kind words, crazyfool. Yes, I am tying the plants to the walls to create a vertical scrog. I have a 430W HPS hanging vertical bare bulb and then have about 600W of fluoros horizontal overhead. The HPS is on a temp control and runs anywhere from 6-10 hours a day in the summer.

verry nice... I´ll probably be doing a bare 600W HPS .... but should work out fine, my space is not as big as yours.... its a 1.6 square meters and 2 meters tall.... and I also got a litle veg box, 70 cm³ with 200W of fluor light to keep some selected mother and veg the girls a bit before the go into flower... I can veg them till they are just under 2 feet .... if I can hit 0.7 g/w with my genetics, I´ll be happy enough..... I have in hands ACE´s Malawii and nepal jam, I´m still creating courage to get one of those haze ....... but at the moment i´ve got too many seeds to grow out and too litle space....

but till I get my own haze, i´ll just grab a seat and drool all over your gals =P

LowFalutin

Stems Analyst
Veteran
I have a 430W HPS hanging vertical bare bulb and then have about 600W of fluoros horizontal overhead. The HPS is on a temp control and runs anywhere from 6-10 hours a day in the summer.
Neat idea, using the temp-controlled HPS.

Last summer I used a night-time "day" for flowering, to avoid peak day-time heat.

When I kick off my next flowering, sometime in September I think, I'll give the vertical grow style a try. Right now I'm using a 10-hour "day" to instigate flowering and cull the males, then put the surviving girls back to vegging until the real flowering time begins.

Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Veteran
Neat idea, using the temp-controlled HPS.

Last summer I used a night-time "day" for flowering, to avoid peak day-time heat.

When I kick off my next flowering, sometime in September I think, I'll give the vertical grow style a try. Right now I'm using a 10-hour "day" to instigate flowering and cull the males, then put the surviving girls back to vegging until the real flowering time begins.

LowFalutin, my cycle comes on at 12:45 am and off at 12:30 pm. The HPS is on till temps get over 23C outside, which is usually around 9-10 am. The temp switch then cycles off/on till 12:30pm.

ThaiBliss

Veteran
It really makes sense temperature wise to run at late night and early morning. I do have a couple of reasons not to. One is security. Infrared heat detectors do not work well in the daytime. The other reason is that the plants seem to "know" or react to the diurnal cycle. I have a veg cabinet where the lights are on 24 hours per day. I notice that the leaves droop slightly at sunset, just like outdoors, even though I still have my lights on. The extent of this reaction seems to vary depending on strain.

Something to think about, or not.

ThaiBliss

Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Veteran
ThaiBliss,

In a perfect world, I would be growing tower high plants straight up into natures halide (Alabanza del sol). But given constraints even in a med friendly state and for the fact that I make no money off my garden...I must work with the situation I have. I'm on a 20 amp draw and I don't want to push AC watts in my space, so I need to take advantage of as many of the cool hours as I can. I usually attend to the garden in the am. I hear you though, the plants feel the vibe of nature all around. Still, they are governed by simple principles...like number of hours of darkness in a 24 hour period, and we can fool them to perform remarkably well even in a false reality. Cannabis, welcome to the Matrix.

funny, how these girls take soooooooooooooooooooo long to mature.... while some hybrids are almost ripe, haze seems to be shooting preflowers!

awsome plant bro! shes oozing health!!!

Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Veteran
I have to report some bad news. While away backpacking in the woods, temps got out of hand in my area. I came home to find my PHT 3b dead (as well as its clones). I'm sad to see this plant go. My seeded flowers from the last run are extremely pungent smelling of intense dark berries and liquor. I've got plenty of those PHT3b x F13 seeds as well as some of the original PHT seed stock, so plenty more selections to choose from. Still I had hoped to keep the 3b (the first plant I considered keeping after 20 years of growing).

I've got some plants in veg now that I hope will do well as temperatures cool. Feminized Purple Haze x Malawi, a friends cross...Old Timers Haze (purple pheno) x Train Wreck/AK47, Afropips Malawi and blueberry. I'll be starting some Killer Malawi S1's as well as some more PHT's and perhaps my cross of 3b x F13. Finally, a Panama female I've been meaning to run.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi Ur Humbl Nr8tor, i'm very sorry to hear about the lost of the cycle and the purple haze thai mum. Im sure you will find equally or even better females starting a few seeds more. It is dissapointing to don't be able to finish a cycle, but now you have plenty space for the new projects. Wish you all the best, you have my full support.

Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Veteran
Hi Ur Humbl Nr8tor, i'm very sorry to hear about the lost of the cycle and the purple haze thai mum. Im sure you will find equally or even better females starting a few seeds more. It is dissapointing to don't be able to finish a cycle, but now you have plenty space for the new projects. Wish you all the best, you have my full support.

Yes a little bummed, dubi...but you are correct, more seeds to look for the next wonderful plant are at my disposal. I've actually got one of your Purple Haze x Malawi girls in late veg. It is looking wonderful. Along with that, I've got a very nice female of OTH (purple pheno) x Train Wreck/AK47 from our friend gkn.

I've got a small panama and Orient Express female that will go into flower a few months from now. Pics to come on the current garden in the near future.

Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Veteran
After a bit of a hiatus, I wanted to report back on the first PHT3b x DJ F13 He/She. It's the most prolific plant in the garden for sure. Hybrud vigor to the extreme.

picture.php

That's it on the left hand side.

picture.php

picture.php

Aroma is strong, but hard to identify just yet...it does seem to improve with flower cycle. Just starting to get some trichome coverage. It's leaning (leaf wise) towards the F13, so I'm guessing 10 weeks to go + or -.