What's new

ACE / Outdoors and guerilla

BCJohn

Lightweight, thank you for the great info. That is going to be helpful with my own grow. Seeing people like you doing lots of successful training is making me feel more relaxed about the training I will have to do. I was able to keep my Lemon Kush at 6" and 10" in height. Should be interesting to see how small I can keep a Malawi. My White Widow were about 14"x12".

I forgot to mention that there are a small number of people here that live on the West Coast who have much better growing season. Some can make it thru a winter with no snow. Down side is lots of cloudy days and rain. So they have issues as well.

Hey Kiwigreen, sorry for the slow reply. I don't always get to get on a computer at night and it's too much trouble replying with my phone.

Anyway, there are definitely some wetter areas than where I live now. On the Big Island (the island of Hawaii) I lived in the wettest inhabited area of the U.S. Crazy rain over there. Where I am now is very moderate, just about perfect for me.

And I haven't grown any Hawaiian strains. I don't know many people that grow here on Maui, but I did on the Big Island and I didn't think about grabbing seeds from anyone before I left. Oh well. But there are some great strains here and some people still have some of the legendary strain seeds i.e. Elephant Ear, Mowie Wowie, Kona Gold, Kauai Electric, Hawaiian Shores, etc. But as far as I know, you'd have to be a close relative to get some of those seeds.

There's good contemporary strains that have been bred here too and a lot of the California genetics are making their way here as well.

And I had the 3 other patients I'm growing for come over and smell the Malawis and no one could pinpoint what they smell like, so calling it the "Malawi Smell" really is appropriate.

Do you guys have deer that eat your plants and that's what the cages are for?

Here's what the plants look like now and they're still growing. I gave them some coconut water, cactus puree, fulvic acid, molasses, neem oil and 1/4 strength Big Bloom yesterday and they seemed pretty dang perky about it today.

I made the 3' planter around this one into a 6' planter and when I took the fencing off around it the roots had already reached to every side and all the way down to the ground. These Malawis have the craziest root growth I've ever seen. This is my favorite one so far.
View attachment 250421

Here's the one the is apparently like the Killer Malawi pheno. Beautiful plant.
View attachment 250422

And this one is hardly recognizable from when I first put it to flower.
View attachment 250423

And here's the fourth female that I didn't show last time and said it wasn't worth keeping. I hope I was right because I didn't clone it. It was retarded during veg. It had deformed leaves and some black junk on the inside of every new leaf set during veg, but I figured I'd flower it just to see what it did and this girl totally straightened everything out once it started to flower. Hopefully, this isn't some amazing pheno that I'm going to be kicking myself for not cloning it.
View attachment 250424

Good job Ace Seeds, these are lovely plants to grow.

Hey man hows it going?. sorry I haven't been on here for awhile and been busy with the thread over at RIU

How's your plants man? mine showed sex at the start of the month but looks to be still vegging.
crazykiwi420-458776-albums-new-zealand-outdoor-landraces-picture2999376-dsc01448.jpg
[/IMG]
crazykiwi420-458776-albums-new-zealand-outdoor-landraces-picture2999375-dsc01450.jpg
[/IMG]
crazykiwi420-458776-albums-new-zealand-outdoor-landraces-picture2999377-dsc01446.jpg
[/IMG]

How's that fourth plant that was deformed? I found an amazing pheno from 2 regular seeds.
They're 6.5-7ft tall and really bushy with no bud site yet just hairs here and there.

We have Possums(not opossums) that eat the base of the stalk and your plant falls over and they come back every night until it's gone.

we also have wallabies from a recent sighting in my area so we definitely need cages around in my region of the country because they're only here and in the South Island of NZ but they have massive 1 meter tall ones where you really need some serious cages lol.

Hey I found 250-300 late planted plants in my area, the good ones are 3ft tall. looked like a possum has started it's attack on them but I'm really surprised that they all haven't been severely attacked.

might feed mine some guano powder in a month, I have panamas starting flower too, 2 of them are pink haired phenos.

Malawi seems to be a winner, people are going to freak out because it'l be the best weed to enter the country in decades... since the thai weed and the whole mr asia thing.

konopenko

Veteran
Lovely update kiwi, a decent dog or two could save your plants from those cannaibals :)
Please share some pics of panamas too :tiphat:

Thanks man I can just shoot them at night when I go spot lighting.

crazykiwi420-458776-albums-new-zealand-outdoor-landraces-picture2999374-dsc01458.jpg
[/IMG]

crazykiwi420-458776-albums-new-zealand-outdoor-landraces-picture2999371-dsc01464.jpg
[/IMG]

2 red phenos and a hopeful green pheno that took longer to show sex.
Do they green ones always take longer to show since they're longer flower?. It's CBG's Panama.

konopenko

Veteran
Wake & bake brothers :)
hey kiwi I didnt knew they were strait guerilla..they really look happy green and strechy. Maybe they delayed due to high level of nitrogen? I had green pheno Panama last year and she was/is great smoke-one of the best 4sure.:smokeit: Respect bro and stay safe!

yeah mate always guerilla in this country, we stuck in the old days man ha ha.
We're full on dangerous armed criminals in the governments eyes.

Could be but I think the reds flower first anyways.
How was the smoke man? uplifting or stoney?. It's my dream come true to have all 3 plants female with the green and red phenos. They've suffered from vine hoppers and were started late in the season from seeds, still nearly 6ft though.

Cheers mate, can't wait for these beauties to flower.

Hey guys, I don't have internet at my house right now and my phone is old school so I can't upload pics right now. Kiwi420, your plants look great. I just harvested 2 of mine. They turned out good given the circumstances I had. I'll fill in more when I can reply from a computer. Mine won't compare to yours though, you've got the summer advantage. Give me six months and then we can compare, ha ha.

How many weeks flower LW?. Mine should be 7ft+ by now and they've barely began flower.
I'm sure yours will be awesome man, Hawaiian Malawi vs NZ Malawi ha :biggrin:

Can't wait to see yours dried and cured. I'm only get 25 degree days with 14-20 degree nights which seem to be causing bud rot for the indicas already!.

The two I cut were at 12 weeks. One of those could have come down a week or two earlier, but I wanted to see how the high is with a little extra maturity. A third one is coming down this week too. It's at 11 weeks I think. And the fourth has another week or two, but I'll probably cut it this week because we're supposed to have rain all next week. Given the circumstances they handled really well and put on some really nice weight. I'll get pics up when I can.

Wow 12 weeks is pretty short for Malawi, gives me piece of mind for my ones to finish off properly. When do you start counting flower? from sex or when the actually have bud sites?.

Mine have shown sex since last month and weren't flowering when I saw them last week.

It'l be cool to see how the different highs turn out.

You're plants are going to be huge if they're that big and haven't even started flowering. I use supplemental lighting for my outdoor veg area so I count flowering weeks from when I move them from my veg area to my flowering area, which just gets normal daylight hours of sun. I would guess they should finish fine. I'm pretty sure Dubi said they'll start to flower with less than 14 hours of light, so figure approximately 11-14 weeks from that time for your area. How many hours of light are you getting right now?

I'm getting 13 hours at the moment, 12 hours on march 21st. I'm pretty sure I have a long flower pheno because the Panamas are well into flower with proper bud formations, about 3 weeks or so into flower. I'm thinking 14ft plants that go into middle of may for the Malawi.

I have 2 redish Panamas with a green pheno from 3 regular seeds. Amazing aroma of one red pheno - kinda like a blueberry. Attacked hard by vine hoppers that suck sap from the plants.

Kiwi420, how's the weather in May usually for finishing sativas? Something I was thinking about today regarding flowering weeks with my Malawis was that they were under 18 hours of light during veg and when I put them to flower the daylight hours were 11 hours and 20 minutes, so that may have helped to kickstart them to flower faster and may have saved me a week or two. Or maybe not and they're just quicker phenos.

Being honest, never been into may with any plants. My climate changes every year! last year was the driest in a hundred year and this year is all sub tropical. We get moderate temps in may (17.5-20c) and around 7-10c over night. We got over 2,500 sunshine hours last year!.

11/13 would kick start them for sure, should be done by the end of may? starts getting pretty cold after middle of may.

Malawi over 7ft, looks like it's getting ready to flower soon.

crazykiwi420-458776-albums-new-zealand-outdoor-landraces-picture3013605-malawi5.jpg
[/IMG]
crazykiwi420-458776-albums-new-zealand-outdoor-landraces-picture3013603-malawi3.jpg
[/IMG]

extremely long leaves
crazykiwi420-458776-albums-new-zealand-outdoor-landraces-picture3013604-malawi4.jpg
[/IMG]

Some Panama, 2 red and a green

here's the red
crazykiwi420-458776-albums-new-zealand-outdoor-landraces-picture3013615-panama-red3.jpg
[/IMG]
crazykiwi420-458776-albums-new-zealand-outdoor-landraces-picture3013617-panama-red4.jpg
[/IMG]

konopenko

Veteran
Hey kiwi bro, sorry for late reply I have a lot of work with my new dog..here she is :)
Šiva the belgian shepard aka police dog switched sides, now shes gona be cop killa ;)
picture.php

Something happened with your pics...stay safe bro!

Latest posts

Latest posts