What's new

ACE / Outdoors and guerilla

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Congrats on the harvest, konopenko! :tiphat:

The Nepal Jam looks wonderful. I'm glad the mold didn't affect much the flowers.

Looks like is going to be a great autumn on your side :) Enjoy!

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Looking at the Angola Thai confirms for me the rumor circulating the Spanish forums that the Angola contains WW. I have grown many 1/4 WW crossed to Thais and other sativas and they all get that large, spread out wide fingered look. Not a bad thing, I think it contributes to vigor, flowering time, and I do actually like a bit of nerves and paranoia with my smoke. Two different crosses for example...
View Image
View Image

Hi bushweed,

Mano negra's angolese were pure unhybridized sativas (at least the ones i grew).

I selected the angolese of the angola/thai hybrid from seed in 2004, we still keep the pure angolese mother in our mother room since then, we have grown angolese for years and didn't find any sign of dutch influence or other modern genetics.

Mano negra did a congolese x widow cross, that's another history.
Hope it helps!

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Cheers fellow ACE guerrilleros,
I am in need of some advice.

Currently I have two plants outside, Malawi and AngolaThai. The weather was fantastic almost all october, lots of sun but pretty low night temperatures(day 14-20°C, night 2-6°C).
It looks like november won't be so sunny and rains are coming, so I was wondering if harvest before the rains or let them go for another two or more weeks. Since I was not able to visit the spot, I have no idea on their progression or health, last time they were sprayed with pyrrethrin and I think the low temperatures are bad for bugs, so I have a positive feeling abouth their health in bug terms.
Also I think mold was unlikely to happen in this october conditions but fears arise when I view the weather forecast for the next weeks(I know it's absurd to expect useful forecasts for such a long period), but rains are obviously coming and expected temperatures are in the range of 14-19 and 9-13 at night.

So, from your experience, should I go harvest or is it too early?

Waldgeist, how is your woodmaster doing, still standing?

Hi Koondense,

I'm glad the Angola/Thai and the Malawi are finally females.
Honestly, i would try to let them flower this month and don't harvest unless there are frosts coming ... this kind of sativas start to flower late for your latitude, but they are usually very mold resistant. Best wishes!

Koondense

Veteran
Sounds right, I'll let them go as long as possible then.
Frosts may come before december(usually mid dec), but could also happen a longer warm period and more stable weather, one can never know.
So let's gamble:)

Thanks Dubi and Kono for the insights and fingers crossed!

Waldgeist

Cheers fellow ACE guerrilleros,
I am in need of some advice.

Currently I have two plants outside, Malawi and AngolaThai. The weather was fantastic almost all october, lots of sun but pretty low night temperatures(day 14-20°C, night 2-6°C).
It looks like november won't be so sunny and rains are coming, so I was wondering if harvest before the rains or let them go for another two or more weeks. Since I was not able to visit the spot, I have no idea on their progression or health, last time they were sprayed with pyrrethrin and I think the low temperatures are bad for bugs, so I have a positive feeling abouth their health in bug terms.
Also I think mold was unlikely to happen in this october conditions but fears arise when I view the weather forecast for the next weeks(I know it's absurd to expect useful forecasts for such a long period), but rains are obviously coming and expected temperatures are in the range of 14-19 and 9-13 at night.

So, from your experience, should I go harvest or is it too early?

Waldgeist, how is your woodmaster doing, still standing?

the mold did eat it somehow bro, leftovers are saved and drying but nothing to be proud of

best wishes for your standing ladies, malawi should stand it, so far i can tell from my side

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

remember to cut fast an ran for your life when you see something like this:biggrin:

picture.php

Koondense

Veteran
Whoa! Spherical spore cannon, very nice to see - on a picture:)

I was looking at your malawis a for kind of reference as mine started flowering a bit later but had probably much better weather conditions down here.
Next two days will be apocalyptic, hopefully the strong winds won't damage the plants too much and let them stand for another month.

P.S. How are the AngolaThais? ;)

Waldgeist

Whoa! Spherical spore cannon, very nice to see - on a picture:)

I was looking at your malawis a for kind of reference as mine started flowering a bit later but had probably much better weather conditions down here.
Next two days will be apocalyptic, hopefully the strong winds won't damage the plants too much and let them stand for another month.

P.S. How are the AngolaThais? ;)

ye thats intresting, I think daylight intensity makes that difference.
maybe you can shelter them a bit with foil or such, if it gets too worse ...

AT's are small branchy bushes ready for cloning now;)

:tiphat:

konopenko

Veteran
In mid october I harvested NepJam and two blue Marocs, I left only unfinished Maroc which was still ok...
picture.php

November..I guess I will never again leave my green child alone there in november, I sampled for a spliff :)
picture.php

I was very surprised that one kamikaze OE clone survived in Bohinj with only about 20% mold, two comrades killed from mold.
picture.php

Lovely ganja milkyjoe is that Panama?

Last edited:

Koondense

Veteran
My first ACE harvest

My first ACE harvest

Back from the woods,
Malawi and AngolaThai are harvested.
Both got beaten bad by bugs, long rain periods and seems also freezing temperatures for some days. I was hoping the freeze would not happen but it did.
So, Malawi just started dying, some buds were completely molded, some partially, but the most sun exposed ones did quite well. Bud tops are turning slightly purple while most leaves were curled and dead. It was not a nice sight, but what can one expect after neglecting an african plant for 2 months in very harsh conditions on 45N:/
Angola Thai on the other hand survived way better, she had very little mold and buds are healthier looking. However it seems the freeze started killing her too, two most exposed branches were dead but didn't mold.
Both plants were(it seems) in mid flowering, the whole process was slowed by cold and not much sunny days, so they are not near to finish. If they were healthier and weather a bit warmer, they could maybe finish in january.

Crappy phone pictures, the camera is kaput.

In the end I got myself my first Ace plants and cannot wait to test them. Yield will be very low, but enough to have an opinion on the smoke potential. I'm guessing around 5g malawi and 15g AngolaThai.

Another thing, I found the buds to be pretty chunky, tighter than an Amnesia auto growed last summer in much better conditions. AngolaThai is also very resinous, has great potential if grown in a good climate.

Thanks to everyone in this thread, especially kono, wald, yoss, ThaiBliss, bushweed and others for the inspiration, thanks to Blood** for the seeds.

For next season got some other Ace strains to test, KaliChina, Tikal, Zamaldelica and VBxT crosses. Maybe some OE cross also:)

:dance013:
Vibes

konopenko

Veteran
Not bad at all bro, it was quite cold last few days..we were burning trees like mad :)
I said to myself many times you are loco...you cant grow that crazy sativas at 45/46N...but should I grow some ghs gmo genetics to score some yield de crapy buds and then what? Enjoy fruits of your labor bro, see you soon!
Thanks for kind words Dubi and Waldy :tiphat:

Koondense

Veteran
Thanks kono bro!
I remember a guy once said ...we're never gonna survive unless we are a little crazy:)

konopenko

Veteran
New seeds arrived for 2015 :woohoo: I never received anything for Xmas in my life, its great I must admit :biggrin:

picture.php

Thanks again Dubi for lovely gift, I cant wait to try some Old Killa Malawi or hmm Elite Panama/New Killa Malawi!
I also produced some own seeds NepJ/Maroc which will be named as VIVA DONETSK! The name came after one ukrainian member asked me info about OE. He taught I was also ukrainian cos of sufix ko, so poor boy send me some right sector propaganda-kakoj durak :)
Ther is no love for fascism here suka :deadhorse
Happy and good yielding 2015 for all!

Last edited:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
I'm glad it made you smile konopenko :)
Hope you enjoy them, best wishes and happy grows for 2015!

konopenko

Veteran
Regards ACErs! This year I waited to long, so my plants are quite small and undeveloped.
All ganjas are cross NepJ/Maroc aka Viva Donetck, still unsexed but in decent numbers 17 plants, so I expect at least 10 females...
They are heading west to Primorska in few weeks, should preform great there imo. Both parents are quite sturdy and early, but you cant go wrong with NepJ..been growing it for 6/7 years, made few crosses and all were at least decent smoke :)
Rise Viva Donetck, rise toward final victory in october ;)
Lovely song from Haritonov, sad, but corelation between ganja/grower and soldier/Russia is almost same I guess :)
https://youtu.be/hGDgMZedbiY
picture.php

Last edited:

Bleiweis

Veteran
Hey baraba!
Nice plants, a bit smaller than mine and your seem to streetch a bit. Not enough sun yet :/
How come you plant 2 seeds in one container? Don't you have problems with transplanting?
srečno ;)

Koondense

Veteran
Fak, I still didn't pop a single seed yet.
Have some Kali china in mind, but still too early, I want small plants for testing.

Good looking Kono, the sun is still far from zenith I see:)

Hey Bleiweis, doing some of ace or cbg varieties this season?

Cheers broz

konopenko

Veteran
Hey B. no problems at all...if you have one female and one male than ok-if there are two females then one healthier survives with all of her roots. Since I moved from a flat with terrace I have great problems with space and safety.
A lot less sun, but hey at least I dont have a cop living next door :)

Koondense bro whatsup! Are you already jumping over Julian mountains :) I hear you are also a bit late this year. Are you affraid of ganja monsters :) hey we should plant few ganjas in mountains-two roadtrips one in spring and other in september :smoke out:

Latest posts

Latest posts