What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Absolute Amber from Banana Silver Ladyboys

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
We used appx 1L 190* (Clear Springs) and 60grms of small nugs (Alien Dog x Blue Dream).

I'd love to see photos. I am out of area now so can't look at in person.

:joint:

I'll get some daylight shots today and post them. It has been sitting covered in the original pie dish airing since evaporating off the alcohol.

I'll also package a sample for your brother to lab test, if you will relay that to him.

You might also tell him that his brownie mix was far tastier than Ms Duncan, and that cut into 9 pieces, made a perfect daytime dose for myself to feel a general sense of well being and be energized.

Hydrosun

I love my life
Veteran
I really think he has a winner with that brownie mix. It has complete uniformity of THC distribution and almost no taste of canna infusion, just awesome brownie flavor and the effects of a precise amount of THC!

jump /injack

Veteran
NO2 extraction

NO2 extraction

I'll get some daylight shots today and post them. It has been sitting covered in the original pie dish airing since evaporating off the alcohol.

I'll also package a sample for your brother to lab test, if you will relay that to him.

You might also tell him that his brownie mix was far tastier than Ms Duncan, and that cut into 9 pieces, made a perfect daytime dose for myself to feel a general sense of well being and be energized.

Gray Wolf, Greetings,

Every get the pictures and have you any remarks on the techniques? I did 2 runs with 190 Clear springs, nice colors but waiting to finish the reclamation still before proceeding further.

Ghiardelli Brownie mix is very tasty and I put walnuts in it, a friend ate 5 not knowing what I'd made, he was gobbling them down with milk, he had a rough evening. Took him 2 hours to get into his own house, couldn't figure the key out.

Hydrosun

I love my life
Veteran
Ghiardelli Brownie mix is very tasty and I put walnuts in it, a friend ate 5 not knowing what I'd made, he was gobbling them down with milk, he had a rough evening. Took him 2 hours to get into his own house, couldn't figure the key out.

At least he didn't call 911 on himself and take an ambulance ride.

How many grams of BHO in your pan of brownies?

jump /injack

Veteran
At least he didn't call 911 on himself and take an ambulance ride.

How many grams of BHO in your pan of brownies?

It was just a bunch of old odds and ends leaf and popcorn, the brownies were really good and he'd had no lunch, when I noticed what he was doing I tried to stop him, told him what they were and not to eat more. He said, "I don't feel a thing and I've eaten 5 already, your dope brownies aren't worth a shit". "They take an hour to kick in I told him" It was just after Thanksgiving and the gals who were cooking had made a ghoulosh type dish with turkey, mushroom soup and rice. After he'd eaten 6 or 7 large plates of this I told him to get away from the table before his stomach exploded. He was in a bad way, he saw rats going under his bed and bats in his closet and then the bed took off like an airplane with him on it. He thinks he was screaming in fear most of the night, being on the flying bed was the scariest. He held on for dear life, said the fuxxing bed was doing about 10,000 thousand miles an hour.

Last edited:

Gray Wolf

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Gray Wolf, Greetings,

Every get the pictures and have you any remarks on the techniques? I did 2 runs with 190 Clear springs, nice colors but waiting to finish the reclamation still before proceeding further.

I took some. Here is a picture before it went into the vacuum oven to finish.

It finished off dark red with excellent aromatics.

Attachments

• EtOH-NO2 extract.jpg
    EtOH-NO2 extract.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 70

jump117

Veteran
Beautiful honey color! It is interesting to see it after the vacuum.

What conclusion about the bubbling with laughing gas,
it really improves the effect of ethanol?

Gray Wolf

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Beautiful honey color! It is interesting to see it after the vacuum.

What conclusion about the bubbling with laughing gas,
it really improves the effect of ethanol?

To my discredit, I will have to work on that one. I didn't take my camera when I went to the pharm to use the vacuum oven, so failed to take pictures when it was final and photogenic.

What I have now, is what I set aside in a jar, after all the different samples were taken by Moi and everyone passing through, for the brother supplying the material we extracted to sample and analyze.

Getting a chunk out of the jar proved problematic, and not much light right now, but when we again see the sun, so I have some natural light, I will try to get a better shot, using a 1:1 portrait lens.

Here is a preview giving you at least an idea of the color.

As far as improvement, it is subtle enough that no one commented on anything other than the flavor and aroma. Every one sampled it amongst a series of dabs, so the difference would have to be stark to be noticed.

I look forward to the lab results.

Attachments

• NO2 Smp.jpg
    NO2 Smp.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 64
  • NO2 Smp 2.jpg
    NO2 Smp 2.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 67

jump /injack

Veteran
To my discredit, I will have to work on that one. I didn't take my camera when I went to the pharm to use the vacuum oven, so failed to take pictures when it was final and photogenic.

What I have now, is what I set aside in a jar, after all the different samples were taken by Moi and everyone passing through, for the brother supplying the material we extracted to sample and analyze.

Getting a chunk out of the jar proved problematic, and not much light right now, but when we again see the sun, so I have some natural light, I will try to get a better shot, using a 1:1 portrait lens.

As far as improvement, it is subtle enough that no one commented on anything other than the flavor and aroma. Every one sampled it amongst a series of dabs, so the difference would have to be stark to be noticed.

It would be interesting to see a comparison between the different types of extractions using the same product, what would pull more from the various solvents. I have a quart jar in the freezer that looks just like that in color, wonder what the lab results will be of your material? Hey Jump117, do you have access to N2O cartridges and a ISI whipper?

Looking at my Terpinator would love to put an intake valve on top of the 12" column and a shut off ball valve on the bottom before the 6" tank, you could vent the N2O out and save it for another day, not in a ballon but the other tank. Where could you find an intake valve for N2O cartridges other than scavenge one from you cream whipper. Could this work Gray Wolf?

Last edited:

phooka

Hi GW thank you for your efforts. I am curious is the lab results came in N20 EtOH oil. Would like to know some more before investing in the whipping siphon and N20.

I Have been using EtOH for extractions intended for vaporization for over a year now. Your research and data have been a godsend. Ultimately i have settled on 20 minutes of contact time with frozen EtOH. I get tasty shatter 15-20+% yield but I sacrifice minor chlorophyll pickup for more yield and more flavor. I would be grateful to save time and money with this procedure. and more flavor is always welcome :D

I am also curious if you did as Dabber Dan suggested and pressurize and depressurize repeatedly. As in load up herb and EtOH, release charge, depressurize, load up and release new charge, depressurize again, repeat as many times as possible in 2 minutes. Because each depressurization is what actually does the trick, so pack em in. This is how he got 97% of goodies with 1 wash

Please and thank you. :bow:

phooka

Guess you can't edit or delete posts here?

Nevermind Graywolf! sorry to bother yah. I found a post from you on freemygreenpdx from last month. Sad to hear the results might be gone. but Such is life! Thanks again for your energy. I will probably go ahead and get the equipment in the near future and do my own personal testing :]

Gray Wolf

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Sorry say that both samples may be lost as the individual that I passed the first sample to for testing, is no longer employed at SF, and no one remaining knows where the sample is.

The second sample went to the individual providing the material and I understand that personal circumstances may have intervened and the sample is most likely lost.

The results of the anecdotal tests were rated good to excellent by testers, but not notably better that a QWET without the Nitrous, so I believe empirical testing will be required to discern the differences.

Locally, G.O.A.T Labs has offered share R&D, so I will add running a new experiment and have them test it, to the list.

Madjag

Veteran
Guess you can't edit or delete posts here?

Nevermind Graywolf! sorry to bother yah. I found a post from you on freemygreenpdx from last month. Sad to hear the results might be gone. but Such is life! Thanks again for your energy. I will probably go ahead and get the equipment in the near future and do my own personal testing :]

You need 50 posts to be able to edit or to send PM (Private Messages)....get busy.....

Gray Wolf

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran

Thanks for sharing this brother PK! The rabbit hole deepens, I'm thinking that we'uns should find out what the black smut is before continuing to have our way with the N2O.

I have the ISI and enough caplets that I should be able to get a sample for at least micro probing, but will have to search for a lab who does that, to get pricing.

SkyHighLer

Got me a stone bad Mana
ICMag Donor
Veteran

Notice the articles are old, and the brands listed in the second doesn't contain two major suppliers of nitrous oxide cartridges, the vendors of whip-it and Special Blue. I mention this because both whip-it! and Special Blue canned butanes were of lower residue than most of their competition, and just maybe these procurers also are aware of the purity issue with nitrous, and know how to obtain cleaner products from their factories. Besides these two companies probably own most of the smoke shop market, though I haven't checked.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/m.html?_odk...XN2O+chargers.TRS1&_nkw=N2O+chargers&_sacat=0

http://www.ebay.com/sch/m.html?_odk...XN2O+chargers.TRS0&_nkw=N2O+chargers&_sacat=0

Decades ago they had a small toking pipe that held a N2O cartridge allowing you to adjust on the fly the smoke/nitrous mixture on inhale, never tried it, now at my age I'd probably pass out, lol... :biggrin:

Last edited:

phooka

Thanks for sharing this brother PK! The rabbit hole deepens, I'm thinking that we'uns should find out what the black smut is before continuing to have our way with the N2O.

I have the ISI and enough caplets that I should be able to get a sample for at least micro probing, but will have to search for a lab who does that, to get pricing.

you're welcome my friend! finding problems with things is one thing that I excel at haha

this is very intriguing tech, and I hope we can eliminate the potential health risks that come with using cartridges of nitrous oxide.

sky, smoke + N2O?! yesh sounds like a blackout to me haha

phooka

whoops forgot I can't send a PM yet. Graywolf, I would be happy to donate some moolah to aid in the cost of this research. not sure if you accept donations but if so let me know how and i'll help out a little

thanks again