What's new

Absolute Amber from Banana Silver Ladyboys

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
So if you freeze material in that whip cream machine with 190* alch, and then connect the NOX line will it produce an extract out of the cream distribution port?

Into a roto vape and all is amazing????

Very interested.

:joint:

What Dabber Dad did, was load the material in and freeze, add freezing alcohol, pressurize and shake well while soaking, release pressure, open and pour out contents through a strainer, remove alcohol.

More or less a QWET, with N2 pressure assist.

The question is how that changes the nature of the QWET,

jump /injack

Veteran
More on nitrogen cavitation.

More on nitrogen cavitation.

http://www.cookingissues.com/2010/08/11/infusion-profusion-game-changing-fast-n-cheap-technique/

Here is some snippets about N2O being used with food. The process is called nitrogen cavitation and is being used with foods/drinks of various sorts, lots of work already done. I have done some looking around in the site and found things of interest. What is a 5 gallon Conrelius keg? Something for beer?

“You can get info on the lab protocols by using Google Scholar to search for nitrogen cavitation. The first couple of references I found used, for cooled samples, about 800 psi for 15 min then an instantaneous release to atmospheric pressure. My recollection is that different cell membranes are susceptible to different pressures. In a similar vein, you might find that different components are extracted if you disrupt at different pressures.

Cavitation is used in cell biology labs to gently disrupt cells in a vessel ominously called a “nitrogen bomb” (as the gas here is nitrogen). The usual explanation is close to what you surmised: under pressure, gas penetrates the cells, then forms bubbles to disrupt the cells when the pressure is suddenly released. Your use of the technique looks a lot more interesting than my experiences with it in a lab. If you were going to do very high volumes I might try an N2O tank and a 5 gallon Cornelius keg to do volumes up to 2 gallons or so”

http://morebeer.com/products/cornelius-keg-brand-5-gallon.html "[We import these from Italy from a long time manufacturer. Attention to detail is perfect. Laser welds are perfect so it will always be easy to sanitize. To us at MoreBeer! perfect interior welds are a big deal because some of the new kegs coming from China, while improving, do not have perfect welds and we worry about the contamination over the long haul. This is one of those items that is definitely worth a little extra money. Plus they ship to you free if you live in the lower 48 states. That probably saves you $15 and is a killer deal. Enjoy.]" If the tops come off you could put a lot of product inside, 9"x25" approximately. The cost of the new keg is about $100 including shipping.

Last edited:

jump /injack

Veteran
http://www.popsci.com/diy/article/2013-04/mystery-nitrous-powered-pot-infused-liquor

Here is a "Green Dragon" recipe made by "Jon the Bartender" using N2O and a cream whipper.

Nitrous Green Dragon

Here's how Jon does it:

"A one-liter heat-tolerant whipped-cream whipper [The one liter ISI stainless whipper is heat resistant I believe]
two nitrous oxide chargers
a double boiler large enough to accommodate the whipper bottle
750 ml mezcal at room temperature (Jon uses Vida or Sombra)
3.5 grams (1/8 ounce) of cannabis (Jon uses "indoor high-grade sativa")

Roughly break up the cannabis.
Put the cannabis and the mezcal in the whipper bottle.
Close the canister and charge it with two charges of N2O according to the instructions.
Let it sit for 5 minutes.
Vent out the pressurized gas. NOTE: you are venting aerosolized ethanol with THC dissolved in it, as well as laughing gas. Jon says "Probably nobody would want to inhale this."
Stir the liquid and let it sit until the gas boils off.
Place the sealed canister in a double boiler and let it simmer for an hour.
Strain the solids out of the liquid and discard them or dry them for other uses. The liquid is nitrous green dragon".

Be sure to vent the gas out of the "Whipper" before heating it in the double boiler. If you've made the distillation rig that Gray Wolf built, the Cuisinart heating unit would work with this possibly. Fresh cannabis was being used so a cooking time was needed but 1 hour seem to long according to Jump 117's graph, maybe someone can chime in that's tried this recipe.

Last edited:

jump /injack

Veteran
Gray Wolf, could someone with a Terpenator modify the tube with a N2O valve on the top, put alcohol and cannabis in the tube which has a shut off valve on the bottom which is affixed to a tank that has had a vacuum pulled on it. Fill the tube with N2O, flip the valve which would open the vacuum and pull the saturated alcohol into the tank.

Wholesale N2O prices are about $80 per 6 pounds. CO2 tanks can be used. Might be able to recover the gas using a Terpenator which I have. I have a pint of "used" product from a Volcano, what was the name you called it when using 190 proof, "Brown Dragon" was it? Its already been activated to just needs the alcohol and N2O, what times would you suggest GW?

Last edited:

Gray Wolf

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Indubitably they could.

Not sure of the benefits, until after we analyze the run me and the boys made Monday in the N2 creamer.

First 3 minute pull at ~0F and low extraction rate. Returned solution for six more minutes and extract was just starting to green.

Green gone after a day on the window sill, bathing in sunlight. I will try to make it to the Pharm to remove the alcohol today.

Microscopic examination shows extraction incomplete, so will pick up another jug of Clear Springs and do another run.

jump /injack

Veteran
http://www.technologyreview.com/news/533591/device-squeezes-cells-to-get-drugs-in/

Sounds like someone is infusing blood cells with N2O doesn't it?

"Several potentially transformative treatments for cancer and HIV face a common obstacle—getting drugs into cells, which are designed to reject foreign materials.

A new microfluidic device, recently developed by a startup called SQZ Biotech, can get microscopic material into cells quickly and cheaply by vigorously squeezing those cells, temporarily making their membranes permeable".

Sounds like someone was infusing "Green Dragon" and had a brain storm.

gunnaknow

It's an interesting concept, it reminds me a little of my idea to butane extract with two whipped cream dispensers.

The trichomes would be permeated by the EtOH/N2O solution, and upon rapid depressurization the N2O should nucleate to form bubbles, causing mass rupturing of the trichomes. Potentially speeding up the extraction rate.

Last edited:

jump /injack

Veteran
It's an interesting concept, it reminds me a little of my idea to butane extract with two whipped cream dispensers.

The trichomes would be permeated by the EtOH/N2O solution, and upon rapid depressurization the N2O should nucleate to form bubbles, causing mass rupturing of the trichomes. Potentially speeding up the extraction rate.

I remember your contribution on this about a year ago when you Jump117 and GW were writing about something similar. Looks like an old idea who's time is coming around. GW bought the cream whip and did an extraction, been waiting for the results.

gunnaknow

I'd be inclined to try leaving the N20 in solution for the entire duration of the extraction, to give it time to penetrate through the trichome cuticles. I'd also be inclined to try using 8 g and 16 g of N20, to see if it makes any difference.

Gray Wolf

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Alas our vacuum chamber seal has stretched from cleaning with alcohol and pulling through a rag, so I couldn't get a seal and ended up reducing the alcohol solution, by propping up the lid with spacers and using 125F heat until it reached the consistency of thick honey.

It has been airing, covered for several days, until I can pick up a new seal or get over to the Pharm to use a vacuum oven to finish it off.

Hee, hee, hee, not much ethanol left, so of course we had to try a dab or two.

Nothing remarkable anecdotally, so next step is to get a sample to the lab for testing.

The first dab I thought I observed a brightening, but not with subsequent tests, so it could have been just another delusion (like the voices).

Hydrosun

I love my life
Veteran
Alas our vacuum chamber seal has stretched from cleaning with alcohol and pulling through a rag, so I couldn't get a seal and ended up reducing the alcohol solution, by propping up the lid with spacers and using 125F heat until it reached the consistency of thick honey.

It has been airing, covered for several days, until I can pick up a new seal or get over to the Pharm to use a vacuum oven to finish it off.

Nothing remarkable anecdotally, so next step is to get a sample to the lab for testing.

The first dab I thought I observed a brightening, but not with subsequent tests, so it could have been just another delusion (like the voices).

I would love some photos and an appx yield from the 60 grams. I am assuming that the product was super rich in terpines because of the low extraction time and temp.

jump /injack

Veteran

“The first dab I thought I observed a brightening,” the first thing I though of after reading that was that you must have “seen the light” and then I thought you might have had a Jack Nickelson moment like in the “Shining” and grabbed an ax. I have a pint of spent leftovers from a Volcano that I want to try this on to make a solution for titration. Didn’t happen to dab some under your tongue did you GW? :)

Gray Wolf

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
“The first dab I thought I observed a brightening,” the first thing I though of after reading that was that you must have “seen the light” and then I thought you might have had a Jack Nickelson moment like in the “Shining” and grabbed an ax. I have a pint of spent leftovers from a Volcano that I want to try this on to make a solution for titration. Didn’t happen to dab some under your tongue did you GW? :)

A brightening is a sudden shift in light intensity and hue. Somewhat like what Jack went through.

Not yet under my tongue! I just talk funny like my tongue is glued down sometimes.

Gray Wolf

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I would love some photos and an appx yield from the 60 grams. I am assuming that the product was super rich in terpines because of the low extraction time and temp.

The alcohol was sure super rich. Lost some using heat to evaporate the alcohol. Still tasty.

Better yet swing by and try a sample. Thanks for supplying the test material!

jump /injack

Veteran
The alcohol was sure super rich. Lost some using heat to evaporate the alcohol. Still tasty.

Better yet swing by and try a sample. Thanks for supplying the test material!

What type of alcohol did you use Gray Wolf? What did the product test out at and what did it look like?

I bought the 1 liter whipper and think its to large for me, know of another stainless steel jug that would fit this one that I have? About a 1/2 pint would be great for just a dab or two. What is the thread size on these 1 liter ISI whippers.

Hydrosun

I love my life
Veteran
What type of alcohol did you use Gray Wolf? What did the product test out at and what did it look like?

I bought the 1 liter whipper and think its to large for me, know of another stainless steel jug that would fit this one that I have? About a 1/2 pint would be great for just a dab or two. What is the thread size on these 1 liter ISI whippers.

We used appx 1L 190* (Clear Springs) and 60grms of small nugs (Alien Dog x Blue Dream).

I'd love to see photos. I am out of area now so can't look at in person.

jump /injack

Veteran
"
We used appx 1L 190* (Clear Springs) and 60grms of small nugs (Alien Dog x Blue Dream).

I'd love to see photos. I am out of area now so can't look at in person."

Did you get a chance to go to that URL I left where the whole process was laid out and the product was shown? The guy did a nice job. The alcohol and cannabis really go through a tremendous change, forced to because of the N20. You might even be able to do the same thing and make E-Cig carts, vegetable glycerine, alcohol with thc in solution and a cream whip. GW has a whole column on his web site about making E-juice, a lot of people have been working on that problem but Gray Wolf found a medical device that homogenizes the concoction and it won't separate. Maybe he'll give the cream whipper a shot.

Gray Wolf

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran

I used Clear Springs 190 proof and the product hasn't been tested yet, because our GC is down for a new column and I haven't gotten a sample to Hydrosun's brother, so he can test it.

The initial 3 minute extraction was so light, that I increased it 9 minutes in the freezer with periodic shakes, and was starting to pick up a tinge of green.

One day on a window shelf in the sun, took out the green tinge and the oleoresin reduced to a light amber, still demonstrating triterpene anthro cyanins light refracting properties, but no hint of chlorophyll or polyterpene plant waxes.

Aromatics are good but not as high as a BHO, flavor is good, and it is smoother to vaporize compared to the average unwinterized BHO.

Effects are not eyeopeners, but my tolerance is high and it needs more testers.

Latest posts

Latest posts