What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Absolute Amber from Banana Silver Ladyboys

gliders420

i tried using the search option and was getting weird results;

where would be the best place to buy ever clear or an alternative grain alcohol?
best quality for best price is what im looking for

gliders420

no that was perfect actually. i was looking at the first link you posted earlier today actually.

Ive never actually seen or used these alcohols before, would it be safe to assume tha grape smells a littly grape-y? and the others also having smells similar to what they were made of? or are they just different source materials and they all just smell like potent alcohol?

i also had no idea about the second link, and am going to make a purchase. thanks bud.

Last edited:

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
no that was perfect actually. i was looking at the first link you posted earlier today actually.

Ive never actually seen or used these alcohols before, would it be safe to assume tha grape smells a littly grape-y? and the others also having smells similar to what they were made of? or are they just different source materials and they all just smell like potent alcohol?

i also had no idea about the second link, and am going to make a purchase. thanks bud.

190 proof should'nt smell grape-y. It should smell the same as grain 190 proof.

Gray Wolf

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
M

marygrace

Hello everyone!

Thank you all for helping to create this wonderful thread, with really valuable informations!

I wanted to show you just few pictures of the last extrection with butane ( Colibrì ). I used approx. 330g of trim and 6,6l of butane ( 22 gas canisters ).

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Go on --------------------------------->

M

marygrace

picture.php

picture.php

At the end i got 25g of Bho, purged bain marie for over 3 hours at 40/50 degrees Celsius.

picture.php

I also did some jelly... :D

picture.php

Have a good weekend!

Bye

Mr.Crumwell

Hey midwestHIGHS!

Candela… horror movie! Smoking candle wax is not good for health for sure.

Although vegetable wax is also contained in all other forms of oleoresins,
and of course in any sift and hashish, including FMCD,
so it is not quite correct to focus precisely on budder.
-------------

Hey watashi, thank you!

You’re correct, just ethanol was used and no butane.

In butane hash dissolves slowly and incompletely.
Even when it is mechanically pulverized it leaves undissolved fragments.

Warm ethanol dissolves quickly and reliably, filtered, frozen out and re-filtered for waxes, then evaporated,
it gives pure resin that is good for dabbing, the only way to consume it without harming human dignity.

I do it all the time with commercial hash.
Productivity differs from 27% to 40%.

Here are a couple of samples prepared from commercial hash.

View Image

View Image

View Image

View Image

View Image

-------------------------
Another Hash >EtOH> Oil session (click).

you should check out the thread i just started http://www.rollitup.org/t/oho-organic-hash-oil.884998

Blayz'd

Awesome thread Jump. Nice to see you still doing your thing. Nice to see gunnaknow in here too. I've been away from the internet for a few years.. long story my friend. I've returned to find much has changed and much has been learned. I need to do my homework and read this thread properly. I'm a few weeks away from taking some plants down.. so I'll have a load of plant material to play with then. ;)

I'm going to go back to the start of the thread and try to read it all..

It makes me happy to see you still around and your work here being appreciated. Hope you're well Jump.. take it easy brother. :)

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
I have been leary of making my own BHO due to the risk involved. I prefer to buy it, but supply is short. That, coupled with this fine thread, motivated me to take the plunge. Not only do I enjoy doing dabs, but I love using it in my e-cig too. I learned so much from this tread I just have to contribute.

I started off with 10 grams of dry, cured bud. I broke it into marble sized pieces and placed it in the thermos. The thermos and butane were put in the freezer over night.
I set up my bench vice in the middle of the yard, then about 10 feet away I put a blanket and a fire extinguisher. I was wearing long sleeves, a hat, safety glasses, and gloves. Safety first!

IMG_20151023_204827.544.jpg
Two cans of butane were emptied into the thermos. The bud soaked in the butane for one hour, agitating every five minutes or so.

IMG_20151023_215817.152.jpg
After that the bud was strained through a coffee filter into my French press to evaporate. Next time I will take off my jewelry. While shaking the bud into the strainer, my fit bit went off (vibrates on your wrist) and about gave me a heart attack.

IMG_20151023_223558.213.jpg
The butane was then evaporated with a pan of warm water. Luckily it was breezy that night, but it was raining too.

IMG_20151023_232612.980.jpg
Once the butane was evaporated, I brought the French press inside and dissolved the BHO in 90 ml of Everclear.

IMG_20151023_232706.492.jpg
The Everclear was placed in the freezer for 48 hours to winterize it.

IMG_20151025_151544.973.jpg
After 48 hours in the freezer, you can see the waxes precipitated out of solution. I pre-wet the filter with Everclear and placed that and a 10 ml syringe in the freezer for about 4 hours. Working quickly and touching only the syringe the waxes were filtered out.

IMG_20151025_153026.018.jpg
The Everclear was then evaporated over a steam bath. Using an IR themometer it was easy to tell when it was done, there is a noticeable increase in surface temperature once the evaporation stops.

IMG_20151025_154911.988.jpg
The result was then scraped up and placed on parchment paper.

IMG_20151025_163007.339.jpg
The result was about a gram (my scale wouldn't weigh it) of fine product. It isn't quite shatter, but does break when cold.

Thank you everyone for this great thread and giving me the confidence to make my own medicine!

smokeedog

Excellent post. I just did first large solo run and don't have a vac. I will try this method on next blast. Where can I buy and how much does ethanol cost? And did U just use plyers and spray the butane through the open top of the pot then close it back?

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
I buy Everclear at my local liquor store for about 20 USD for a liter. The thermos lid has the plastic removed. Three holes are drilled in the top. I just hold lid on top and put the butane in one of those holes. Honestly though, I've been moving to bubble hash lately.

smokeedog

So ever clear is a straight substitute for ethanol? And if I remember correctly it's 7/64 size drill bit for a butane can nozzle to fit in?

Gray Wolf

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
So ever clear is a straight substitute for ethanol? And if I remember correctly it's 7/64 size drill bit for a butane can nozzle to fit in?

190 Proof Everclear is 95.6% EtOh, with the balance water.

You can also get 150 proof Everclear, which doesn't work as well.

smokeedog

Just blasted a cutie of sour d trim with 4 cans of whip it premium chilled. Got it purging under double boil now. Got 2.4 off my last 2 oz. Hoping the prechilling and better grind up and pack job will increase the yield. I started setting the extractor hole down in the pan to stop release of liquid butane and let it stay in the cold tube a few minutes before allowing butane to drain out. Hoping this too increases yield. Ill try to get my hands on some ISO or 190 grain by the morning. How long should I purge using double boil after breaking down with ISO/etoh?

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
ReikoX, how do you prepare it for vaping with e-cig? did you mix it with Propylenglycol and/or Vegetal glycerine?

Last edited:
M

marygrace

Hi guys !!!

I wanted to share the winterization process i have made .

picture.php

I have broken the BHO .

picture.php

Drowned with alcol .

picture.php

After 1hour or so .

picture.php

picture.php

you can see fats and waxes into the solution .

Go on --------------------------->