What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Absolute Amber from Banana Silver Ladyboys

Tokingham

Could you share more details?

Not with a trash talker like you.

for everyone else a picture of my absolute.
this is from my second run on the buds and the coffee filters that had left over oil in em. This was a mix of a few kinds of herb as well.

greywolfw.jpg

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Could you share more details?

Not with a trash talker like you.

Thank you little brother for again making my case! I would ask more politely but I know you really don't have the answers anyway.

I just want to continue to make it a matter of record that you have never come up with any backup information that I have asked for.

jump117

Veteran
I prefer .....not to share my info anymore.
Hey Tokingham!
I hope that you will be able to change this preference, so that readers can learn interesting details.

a picture of my absolute.
Here for Absolute you used a pair of hexane and isopropyl?
What durations and temperatures?
This time consistency turned out harder?
Is it shatter shard amber or what?
Thanks for the picture! :thank you:

J

juicepuddle

I prefer .....not to share my info anymore. Thanks GW!

Someone point this poster to the door. Your still mad about the flame war that went down in that other thread? Talk about holding a grudge.

You shouldn't post your pics if your unwilling to share further info, really is just a dick move, but hey this worlds full of scum whats one more bag?:tiphat:

B

B. Self Reliant

Damn. . . I've read this thread a lot. Then again, I used to get a few grams of crappy bubble hash and it was gone in a day or two & now the same amount of trim yields enough amber to smoke nothing else. jump117 & Gray Wolf, you two are incredible for passing all this stuff on.

I use acetone for my initial washes. I've been yielding a fairly low quantity & I think it's due to my short 45 second washes in the acetone. I've been scared of going longer because I don't want to lose the incredible quality.

Given that I do a second wash with 190 proof Everclear followed by a second strain through a coffee filter, a longer wash should yield a higher initial concrete, correct?

Using a sealed 5 qt. mason jar, can I safely submerge all my dried & cured material in acetone & put it into the freezer, agitating occasionally? This should be safe considering that acetone was never compressed to begin with like butane, right? The idea would be to extend my initial wash time while degrading quality as little as possible.

As I read this thread I read mostly about butane extractions. My own methods use acetone but they are as close to the butane methods as possible with the obvious variances due to compressed vs. uncompressed solvent.

I have a large amount of outdoor LA Confidential & I would like to maximize my yield while maintianing quality if at all possible. Thanks for all your help!

Tokingham

Someone point this poster to the door. Your still mad about the flame war that went down in that other thread? Talk about holding a grudge.

You shouldn't post your pics if your unwilling to share further info, really is just a dick move, but hey this worlds full of scum whats one more bag?:tiphat:

Quite son, the adults are talking. You are too sheltered to have ever seen scum little one.

Gray Wolf

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Quite son, the adults are talking. .

Advice that you should consider yourself.

Your use of the words kids and son when talking down to the rest of us suggests that you are trying to sound older than you are.

Just how old are you little boy?

PS: Have you considered how the authors of the threads you trash feel about your doing so? This one for instance?

Last edited:

Gray Wolf

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Damn. . . I've read this thread a lot. Then again, I used to get a few grams of crappy bubble hash and it was gone in a day or two & now the same amount of trim yields enough amber to smoke nothing else. jump117 & Gray Wolf, you two are incredible for passing all this stuff on.

I use acetone for my initial washes. I've been yielding a fairly low quantity & I think it's due to my short 45 second washes in the acetone. I've been scared of going longer because I don't want to lose the incredible quality.

Given that I do a second wash with 190 proof Everclear followed by a second strain through a coffee filter, a longer wash should yield a higher initial concrete, correct?

Using a sealed 5 qt. mason jar, can I safely submerge all my dried & cured material in acetone & put it into the freezer, agitating occasionally? This should be safe considering that acetone was never compressed to begin with like butane, right? The idea would be to extend my initial wash time while degrading quality as little as possible.

As I read this thread I read mostly about butane extractions. My own methods use acetone but they are as close to the butane methods as possible with the obvious variances due to compressed vs. uncompressed solvent.

I have a large amount of outdoor LA Confidential & I would like to maximize my yield while maintianing quality if at all possible. Thanks for all your help!

Solly bro, Acetone is not my strong suite.

jump117

Veteran
Hey B. Self Reliant!
I use acetone for my initial washes.
a second wash with 190 proof Everclear
a longer wash should yield a higher initial concrete, correct?
The term "concrete" applies to extracts obtained by non-polar solvents such as butane, hexane, petroleum ether and others.
Acetone and ethanol are both well-mixed with water, it's polar solvents.
Their extracts should not be called the concrete.
You did not say, but I'm sure that the material is loaded into pre-chilled solvent.
Do not worry, nothing will explode. This is safe put it into the freezer, agitating occasionally.
The colder the solvent, the slower it dissolves. I have not experimented with chilled acetone, but admit that the pure part of extraction can be greatly lengthened.

B

B. Self Reliant

Hey B. Self Reliant!

The term "concrete" applies to extracts obtained by non-polar solvents such as butane, hexane, petroleum ether and others.
Acetone and ethanol are both well-mixed with water, it's polar solvents.
Their extracts should not be called the concrete.

You did not say, but I'm sure that the material is loaded into pre-chilled solvent.
Do not worry, nothing will explode. This is safe put it into the freezer, agitating occasionally.
The colder the solvent, the slower it dissolves. I have not experimented with chilled acetone, but admit that the pure part of extraction can be greatly lengthened.

Good to know. So I can lengthen my wash without killing myself & I now know a little more terminology. Thanks!

Since the two solvents I use, acetone & ethanol, are both polar solvents, could I be getting drastically better results than I am now if one were polar & one was not?

Up until now I've substituted acetone for butane because it's cheaper, readily available and most importantly not compressed, which means the material can be washed for lengthy amounts of time without cold temps outside. . . I guess I could switch.

Gray Wolf

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Some Absolute Amber from mixed popcorn and trim, using butane for the extraction from cured material and 190 proof grain ethanol to winterize that extraction.

Attachments

• Polished extract.jpg
    Polished extract.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 15

lvmcgoo

Man GW I'm always trying t spread some rep but they just won't let me.lol. Killin it as always, but you're shit's just on another level it always looks so pure and refined. My wife has a little chemistry back ground and I told her about these hexane washes and stuff, and she told me fuck no stay with you're reg. shit.lol soo. Heres my og and dubb oil, that im allowed to put in the oven,lol. I guess when I take some classes she said I could then do it.. Peace brotha and always an inspiration..:tiphat:

attachment.php

Thank you jump!

800ml of butane into a teapot, through a metal strainer into a wine glass, re-disolved into 190proof ethanol, heated over boiling water to evaporate.

Attachments

• OIL!! .jpg
    OIL!! .jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 14

hammalamma

Veteran
It's finally done
picture.php

picture.php

back shot
picture.php

I used a bunch of bho scraps I had laying around, way to much imo, all from tubular extraction. I dissolved it all in warm everclear, it was very dark amber color, froze over night with the freezer on full blast. I filtered with a frozen reusable coffee filter in the freezer. I still saw stuff in there so I froze and filtered again. There was still some specks in it but at this point I realized I needed a better filtration system or I need to do less at at time with more everclear. Purging took forever and a day on a hot plate.
picture.php

That's what it looked like in the purging pan after almost a full day and couple of scrapings and thinning it out flat.
The taste is super smooth a lot better than iso wash.Still nowhere near the taste of good bho imo.The texture is one step away from shatter at about 70 degrees F, if you bend it slowly it is pliable but any fast movement and it will break, put it in the freezer and its like glass. I do have a lil more confidence to do the next run start to finish with the intent of making aa amd only using one strain.

Thanks again jump, I think I will get it next time.

Latest posts

Latest posts