What's new

Absolute Amber from Banana Silver Ladyboys

jump117

Veteran
I like amber in the form of chips, to me it is more convenient to store and use. Have to re-connect the fragments together.

The chaos appear strange and captivating images.
Among a variety of images in the style of Rorschach, the champions are penises (click),
but now instead of them there were strange baleen or horned animals.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

cuttlefish?

picture.php

I see a dolphin! very beautiful! :wave:

J

juicepuddle

Jump your pics inspire me, I can see your getting very creative, LOVE IT! :thank you::tiphat::dance013:

Roms

.bzh
Veteran
Méga vibes Jump' :smoke:

Magnifique!

ВЕЛИКОЛЕПНЫЙ
ПРЕВОСХОДНЫЙ
ДИВНЫЙ
ПЕРВОКЛАССНЫЙ
ПЫШНЫЙ
РОСКОШНЫЙ

:greenstars:

J

juicepuddle

Nice jump, loving the waves / folds your putting on those, very interesting just looking at these has me spacing out haha!

If you were to dab this stuff on a Ti pad would you see anything leftover on the pad after a few uses? Ive been using this nice oil and after over 34 grams ive got NO residue on my Ti pad, nothing I have never even cleaned it. However every stable oil I have found, like shatter or glass, always leave a gross black residue on the pad, I was wondering if your fully purged stuff leaves anything behind, the stuff I seem to find always tastes bad feels toxic and leaves crap on my pad.

:thank you:

Keep the art coming, these pics are wonderful:artist::dance013:

jump117

Veteran
I was wondering if your fully purged stuff leaves anything behind,
Hey juicepuddle!
I do not use titanium, I do not even have it.
On a ceramic heater, a soldering iron with digital tuning, I have observed these phenomena.

In short - no, coke is not formed, and the appearance of dark spots depends on the temperature of the heater.
And I'm not quite sure what to strive for full evaporation of the resin without a trace.

I suppose that light low-boiling parts of resin are more useful and heavy high-boiling fractions probably are more harmful, but do not know.

What is the temperature of the Titanium you prefer to evaporate?

In other words, what remains on the plate, or nothing?

When I smoke from an open ceramic heater with digital temperature control,
the black spot remains on the heater after the milk cloud is inhaled at 250°C /482°F
when temperature increases to a maximum of 480°C /896°F,
the black spot starts smoking again and burns without residue.
picture.php

Last edited:

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nice jump, loving the waves / folds your putting on those, very interesting just looking at these has me spacing out haha!

If you were to dab this stuff on a Ti pad would you see anything leftover on the pad after a few uses? Ive been using this nice oil and after over 34 grams ive got NO residue on my Ti pad, nothing I have never even cleaned it. However every stable oil I have found, like shatter or glass, always leave a gross black residue on the pad, I was wondering if your fully purged stuff leaves anything behind, the stuff I seem to find always tastes bad feels toxic and leaves crap on my pad.

:thank you:

Keep the art coming, these pics are wonderful:artist::dance013:

We make less artistic but similar absolutes to Jump's magnificent creations, so may I observe that using our oil well and titanium wand system less artfully, leaves nothing behind.

Looking at Jumpsan's clarity, I predict the same for his.

What I notice most from an absolute, is the smoothness!

jump117

Veteran
Opacity >>> Transparency

Opacity >>> Transparency

the occasional opaque shatter..
When the thickness of the resin is comparable to the size of the bubbles, they will not sink.
Make sure that you vape it in a thin layer
"Small batches are key.."

I think that the opacity does not worsen the consumer properties of the extract, except for the aesthetics of its appearance.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Opacity is due to micro bubbles stuck in the thickness of the resin.

Without dwelling on the question of what's inside the bubbles, we will try to remove them.

Roughly half was dissolved in ethanol and re-evaporated in several small portions. The second half is left for comparison.

picture.php

>>>> >>>>

I limit the heating temperature slightly above the melting point of the resin, slightly below the boiling point of ethanol.

At this temperature, the micro bubbles are not easily removed from the thick layer of melt.

Archimedean buoyant force acting on them is very small, the viscous resistance of the molten resin is large, and the way to the surface long.

The bubbles are much more likely to leave a thin layer where the resistance is lower and shorter path to the surface.

picture.php

>>>>>>>>>>>
picture.php

It should be noted that heated evaporation of a thin layer forcing oxidation and the color becomes darker.

Which once again draws our hopes and aspirations to Gray Wolf’s works on Thin Film Vacuum Purging (click).

:)

Tokingham

Cool tek. Have you ever done dry ice shift keif? Its very light yellow and could possibly be soaked in ethanol frozen then strained?

I know its probably not anything close to this tek and would probably not work but figured I would ask the pro's in this thread.

jump117

Veteran
Not yet, I only read about dry ice sift kief.
I know light yellow kief as a purest of dry sifted, why do you want it to extract?

Light yellow kief dissolved in ethanol 96% at room temperature for about 3-5 minutes,
there are practically no pollutants and the duration of flushing is not restricted.
Winterization will work. yield of waxes is unknown.

Green kief I would have started in butane. Chlorophyll is not removed from an alcohol solution via winterization, it should not be allowed to extract.

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Not yet, I only read about dry ice sift kief.
I know light yellow kief as a purest of dry sifted, why do you want it to extract?

Light yellow kief dissolved in ethanol 96% at room temperature for about 3-5 minutes,
there are practically no pollutants and the duration of flushing is not restricted.
Winterization will work. yield of waxes is unknown.

Green kief I would have started in butane. Chlorophyll is not removed from an alcohol solution via winterization, it should not be allowed to extract.

Good points!

You must spread some reputation around before giving more to Jump................

jump117

Veteran
I never used isopropyl to cannabis, but from the experience of others I know, that ISO is good for everything except tinctures, and just bad smell.

ISO dissolves faster in compare to EtOH.

worked great but didnt get shatter
There must be another reason for non-shatter consistency, not ISO.

Tokingham

I never used isopropyl to cannabis, but from the experience of others I know, that ISO is good for everything except tinctures, and just bad smell.

ISO dissolves faster in compare to EtOH.

There must be another reason for non-shatter consistency, not ISO.

I agree it is not the EtOH that causes shatter. I think its the heat. I applied no heat at all for the entire processes. You said THC will not be shatter? Could be that this is not decarboxylated?

jump117

Veteran
Of course, incomplete decarboxylation could occur naturally, especially in hot climates, I would remind an interesting info –
A note on the impact of climate and/or storage conditions on the balance THCA/THC,
which determines the consistency of the extract.

Pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics of cannabinoids

Grotenhermen, F.
Clinical Pharmacokinetics, Volume 42, Number 4, 2003 , pp. 327-360(34)​
Taken from the International Association for Cannabinoid Medicines webiste (link):
Quote:
In the plant the cannabinoids exist mainly in their carboxylic forms as cannabinoid acids. However, the phenolic form of THC is responsible for the psychotropic and the most medicinal effects. Decarboxylation (separation of CO2) to the phenolic form occurs readily over time, upon heating or under alkaline conditions.

The ratio of THC acids (THCA) to phenolic THC has been reported to range between 2:1 (Africa) and >20:1 (Switzerland) in leaves and flowers of Cannabis sativa.

In plants grown in Middle Europe (United Kingdom) from Moroccan, Sri Lankan and Zambian seed stocks the THCA/THC ratio was 17:1 compared with 2:1 in the plants from the original areas (Africa, Asia).

In hashish (cannabis resin) the THCA/THC ratio was reported to range between 6.1:1 and 0.5:1, the latter in hashish from India. Thus, the percentage of phenolic THC of all THC in cannabis products varied between less than 5% in cannabis leaves grown in Switzerland up to 65% in hashish from India.

Cannabis products with a high content of phenolic THC (e.g. hashish) may be very potent without heating, but usually the potency of cannabis products is considerably increased with heating (smoking, cooking).

Modified according to: Grotenhermen F. Pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics of cannabinoids. Clinical Pharmacokinetics 2001, in press​
It seems that in hot countries natural decarboxylation is faster than in the cold.
Сolder climate, the harder the amber. :)

I think that in your case, the reason lies in the residual solvent.
For the complete removal of the solvent extract must be melted.
Melting point is between 104-158°F.
Evaporation of the cold ventilation is not sufficient for complete removal of ethanol. Especially if THCA/THC ratio is high.

Extract thickens and its viscosity keeps ethanol, and ethanol does not allow the resin to harden.

To completely remove residual ethanol, as well as to remove residual butane extract has heated up to melt or at least softening,
that is fatal to terpenes.

Tokingham

Of course, incomplete decarboxylation could occur naturally, especially in hot climates, I would remind an interesting info –

I think that in your case, the reason lies in the residual solvent.
For the complete removal of the solvent extract must be melted.
Melting point is between 104-158°F.

I will have to disagree. there is no residual solvent. It has to do with thca vs thc. I forget where it was stated that either thca or thc will not turn to shard and will remain gooey. However i can handle it when my apartment isnt heated up. gets goey in my fingers but stays hard otherwise. Not viscus, but malleable.

I should mention the plants my material came from were grown indoors and so I do not think the outside climate had an effect upon their thc/thca contents like in the study. I am guessing they were done on outdoor plants.

I should also mention I put it into my dehydrator @95°F. It got rid of all 99% iso and the 1% water.