What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Absolute Amber from Banana Silver Ladyboys

Tokingham

To be sure,
you can check whether the texture will change,
if re-dissolved a bit and re-evaporated,
but this time on a steam bath.

Thats a great idea. I will try it out and probably take pics of the processes to show the results. I need to make more today anyways because I smoked all I just made.

Tokingham

Try to apply freeze to a solution or solvent.

I froze the iso/oil solution before I strained it.

BTW when I did the bho to to ethanol I notice this strain has a lot of waxes. Northern lights #1 x Haze

I was wondering if the waxes would have a use. like maybe good for the skin?

jump117

Veteran
Sorry, I use cannabis only for recreational purpose and have no idea on medical application of its products.

LiLWaynE

I Feel Good
ICMag Donor
Veteran
amber-insect2-460_793677c.jpg

LOOK AT MY AMBER!!! IT HAS PROTEIN IN IT!!

Last edited:
B

B. Self Reliant

Can I use acetone instead of butane and get similar results?

Can I use acetone instead of butane and get similar results?

Pre-chilled "London" butane (250 ml / 139 g, $2.35) was sprayed into the extraction teapot through the lid port (white in brown lid on photo), at outside temperature +14C (57F).
The plant matter was floated and stirred in the butane during 10 minutes, no boiling was observed.
After that solution was coffee-filtered into the evaporation teapot (with glass handle on photo)
and was placed on the top of the coffeepot, suitable by diameter and shape, filled with a hot water as the double-decker to evape butane quicker.

After evaporation of butane is over the inner surface of the evaporation teapot is covered with a transparent film of a primary non-polar extract.
It is a concrete also known as BHO.
To take it from a teapot together with secondary polar re-extraction, the ethanol 96% was added into a teapot.
EtOH doesn't dissolve everything from BHO.
Butane dissolves some waxes and fats that is insoluble in ethanol while the good resin dissolves in EtOH.
Tiny undissolved flakes were coffee-filtered off the solution.

Thank you for posting this thread. It has been a tremendous help to me! I've read the whole thing multiple times & each time I pick something else up that I missed. The photos are my favorite part.

You state that butane dissolves some unwanted parts of the plant and that in order to get absolute amber, it needs to be ran through ethanol. I avoid butane for a few reasons and instead use acetone for my primary wash. After filtering with a coffee filter, I still get a product that has adulterants in it and is slightly darker than I would like. Would doing a second wash with ethanol help me out, or will it only benefit BHO made with butane?

Thanks for your help!

jump117

Veteran
Propolis

Propolis

Traveled to Austria, came to visit my old friends in Vienna and Baden,
and admire the flowers from the feminized seeds of four different varieties,
but their names are forgotten.

picture.php

picture.php

When going on a trip, searched and found a good nickname for Amber and used it to pack for the trip,
in case if anyone have a question about what it is I'm taking. Nobody asked.
picture.php

Roms

.bzh
Veteran
(...)
When going on a trip, searched and found a good nickname for Amber and used it to pack for the trip,
in case if anyone have a question about what it is I'm taking. Nobody asked.
picture.php

:jump:
Well done Jump^^

I wanna some'
picture.php

attachment.php

BHO with ethanol reextraction, thanks for all the tips Jump!

I did a bath-style butane extraction in a glass teapot straining through a metal strainer after about a five min bath into a wine glass, wait for the butane to boil off, then I poured a little graves 190 proof alcohol to redissolve the BHO, passed that through a coffee filter, then evaporated with a makeshift double boiler.

The big trick for me was to not have a seal on the bath extractor, pressure from the boiling butane is what causes blowouts. At least in my experience.

The amount of crap the ethanol leaves behind is disturbing.

Latest posts

Latest posts