What's new

a wicked pulse

delta9nxs

No Jive Productions
Veteran

hey! that is exactly how i grew my largest plant to date, a little over 22 oz's. i think the pics are here in this thread somewhere.

stock tire valves with no drilling, 3/16" Inside Diameter black latex tubing, and the standard .170 id/.250 od drip line from lowes.

same line for pulse with a tee on the end for a terminal.

but don't plumb it like that diagram.

instead get a bigger container for a reservoir, put a float valve container and float valve inside of it like i did here and plumb the returns back to the pump chamber/res.

and build the manifold shorter trying to keep both it and the pump submerged.

delta9nxs

No Jive Productions
Veteran
for everyone! the pictures in the original ppk thread are being deleted wholesale as i have to delete there to post pics here. i'm going to the oldest first and deleting whole pages without looking at them. i do not have them saved as i lost them with my old computer.

so if you want anything you better get it now.

delta9nxs

No Jive Productions
Veteran
Perfection health wise.

thank you! they do look good considering all the shit they have been through!

a little tip burn but i was pushing them a little bit earlier.

there is not a spot on anything and no sign of pest or mold so far. i auto-bombed weekly up until the end of stretch.

i guess this is a good time to talk about the system a little bit.

right now in the middle of the dark period the room is 76F. the high during the last lights on period was 87F.

oh yeah, ph! with the tap water i've been using 50 ml gh ph down per 42 gals. this brings the input to 5.3-5.4. but the res will run at 5.8-6.2.

rh right now is 49% and got to 61% last night.

co2 right now is 560 ppm and gets up to about 950 ppm when operating.

i've completely used three $20 propane cylinders so far and just started a fourth.

reservoir and root zone temps stay between 78-82F at all times.

i've changed out the solution completely 2 times since filling but fed ph'ed water the last time to draw the solution strength down a little.

i was using approx ec 2 or 1000-1100 ppm input and it was running at 12-1500 ppm in the reservoir.

i'll drain it tomorrow one more time but will refill with 600 ppm one time. after that i will input the jack's portion only at about 300 ppm. the jack's contains one third of the total nitrate in the package so that should be alright. the only source of calcium will be the tap water but there should be quite a bit remaining in the solution.

Last edited:
You really want it in that color?

Really?

Are you sure?

And the RA + FG was only a blip. All evidence suggested that they came in on Sunleaves coco. After I knocked them out of the running system, I was still seeing a few fliers where I was soaking blocks to break them up (before rinsing and treating them). Knowing how dangerous they could be, I used the 'nuclear' approach of heavy chem in veg, and that appeared to stunt plants significantly, but I got the initial outbreak controled (first time dealing with them in the garden--didn't have any preventative measures in place) and suffered from a mediocre row or two at harvest. After that, I seemed to be able to manage them/keep them at bay with mosquito dunks.

I hung some yellow sticky traps, and would notice on or two new fliers per week. So something was keeping them in check... unless those were the ones that hatched from the new coco before being inoculated in the system and somehow got pulled into the veg room with fans and whatnot.

delta9nxs

No Jive Productions
Veteran
no, i want candy orange metal flake with a giant hot lime metal flake fan leaf on the front deck like those old transams used to have with the big bird, a set of spinners with the neon back lighting, and of course, a set of mudflaps with the chrome chick on them, leds spelling out my name on the door with a moving sign that says "get it here!", curb feelers, and a pair-o-dice hanging from the rear view! orange and lime tuck and roll seats from genuine hide of the wild Nauga beast would be cool too!

and a personal license plate that reads IRDUI.

D9... I built a ppk with the 3 gallon Rubbermaid and mounted a 3 gallon smart pot with a 6" tailpiece filled with coco and surrounded it with paint strainer netting...

Made a control bucket and a reservoir... Filled the smart pot with 70/30 coco/perlite mix and stuck a rooted clone that had been getting new growth in the cloner... Wet it down with PH water and filled the reservoir with Maxibloom using 7grams to the gallon and let her sit... This is a clone of a real stocky short indica that seems like it can't be over fed...

no, i want candy orange metal flake with a giant hot lime metal flake fan leaf on the front deck like those old transams used to have with the big bird, a set of spinners with the neon back lighting, and of course, a set of mudflaps with the chrome chick on them, leds spelling out my name on the door with a moving sign that says "get it here!", curb feelers, and a pair-o-dice hanging from the rear view! orange and lime tuck and roll seats from genuine hide of the wild Nauga beast would be cool too!
My cousin raises Nauga, and works directly with Porsche. They are a free-range herd, taken with big-bore rifles as the orders come in. They just finished curing two lime hides, and an orange Nauga! Apparently, this is a recessive color, so the gods must be smiling.

My great aunt does custom paint, and I already had her do one of these up, thinking you might like it.

My sister/daughter is a whore, and banged the entire national sales team to get the ride itself.

She really can get anything...

I just can't find any fuzzy dice.

Sorry.

D

DaveTheNewbie

hi, dave! i know what you mean, you don't have to be a mechanic to drive a car. and it is the same way with this device.

Exactally! Im smart enough to modify the plan for my system / room / requirement once i know what the hell im starting with.

D9... I built a ppk with the 3 gallon Rubbermaid and mounted a 3 gallon smart pot with a 6" tailpiece filled with coco and surrounded it with paint strainer netting...

Made a control bucket and a reservoir... Filled the smart pot with 70/30 coco/perlite mix and stuck a rooted clone that had been getting new growth in the cloner... Wet it down with PH water and filled the reservoir with Maxibloom using 7grams to the gallon and let her sit... This is a clone of a real stocky short indica that seems like it can't be over fed...

i have a truck load of 3 gal smart pots, would be interested to see/hear more of this !

My cousin raises Nauga, and works directly with Porsche. They are a free-range herd, taken with big-bore rifles as the orders come in. They just finished curing two lime hides, and an orange Nauga! Apparently, this is a recessive color, so the gods must be smiling.

My great aunt does custom paint, and I already had her do one of these up, thinking you might like it.

My sister/daughter is a whore, and banged the entire national sales team to get the ride itself.

Sorry.

Ya'll keep it up and you've got a remake with real potential. The script pretty much writes itself. I'm sure Burt and Sally come cheap these days. Snoop Dogg nee Lion will have to do Jerry Reed's part. As for the Great One.....RIP

thighrod

oh yeah, ph! with the tap water i've been using 50 ml gh ph down per 42 gals. this brings the input to 5.3-5.4. but the res will run at 5.8-6.2.

Delta, you are a pioneer and an innovator who has all our respect and admiration.

One thing I'm wondering about: I seem to recall in the past you advocating a low system ph, starting at 5.2 and being allowed to drift upwards before resetting to 5.2 again. You made some good arguments for this methodology at the time. Any particular reason for the change in philosophy?

delta9nxs

No Jive Productions
Veteran

Sorry.

tell her i said thanks or i will the next time i see her!

but i'm a little surprised that she got a new one, she must have improved her technique since the last time i was over.

i would have thought that the best she could have done was a high mileage trade-in that needed some suspension and grill work.

delta9nxs

No Jive Productions
Veteran
Ya'll keep it up and you've got a remake with real potential. The script pretty much writes itself. I'm sure Burt and Sally come cheap these days. Snoop Dogg nee Lion will have to do Jerry Reed's part. As for the Great One.....RIP

did you know he did all of his trick shots himself in "The Hustler"?

delta9nxs

No Jive Productions
Veteran
Delta, you are a pioneer and an innovator who has all our respect and admiration.

One thing I'm wondering about: I seem to recall in the past you advocating a low system ph, starting at 5.2 and being allowed to drift upwards before resetting to 5.2 again. You made some good arguments for this methodology at the time. Any particular reason for the change in philosophy?

thanks, but i really don't need the accolades. i'm a little uncomfortable with that kind of stuff.

what i do want from everybody though is to grow the living shit out of as much weed as you can, spread it around, talk up the politics of pot, and maybe we can change these goddamn unfair laws that are ruining so many folks lives for no reason.

my approach to ph now is to input a ph'ed solution, no matter what the mixed strength, that allows the reservoir to function somewhere between 5.2 and 6.2.

with flora nova bloom or maxibloom and 360 ppm tap water at my old location i had to use 4.6-5.2 input to keep it below 6.2 in the res.

then i got an ro filter and jacks and the res would run 5.8-6.2 without adding any ph correction.

now i have good 110 ppm tap water that the plants seem to really dig and i use 50 ml per 42 gals as that is what it takes to get 5.8-6.2 in the res.

but my input has to be 5.3-5.4 to get that operational level in the floor part of the system.

there is no universal answer to ph. it will be unique to each location as the nute package and water quality varies.

delta9nxs

No Jive Productions
Veteran
nice bra that is some sweet setup you got there !!:woohoo: headband 707:dance013:

thanks, hb! but i'm ripping most of that out soon.

say, is that a big brain tumor growing out the side of your head? i think a good poo will fix that, eat 24 prunes and a big bowl of all bran and you'll feel fine in no time.

of course you had better buy the big box of Depends.

high life 45

Seen your Member?
Veteran
thanks, but i really don't need the accolades. i'm a little uncomfortable with that kind of stuff.

what i do want from everybody though is to grow the living shit out of as much weed as you can, spread it around, talk up the politics of pot, and maybe we can change these goddamn unfair laws that are ruining so many folks lives for no reason.

On that note ....
[youtubeif]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qgEP9FdIzT8&feature=related[/youtubeif]

As a kid I wanted a 911 turbo targa..

Instead of a Porsche I hope everyone gets themselves a nice Juicer..