What's new

A Taste of Africa from Malawi

HCMPA

10.5 weeks...almost there! ther filedata/fetch?id=18041061&d=1642053045
wAAACH5BAEKAAAALAAAAAABAAEAAAICRAEAOw==
filedata/fetch?id=18041062&d=1642053014
wAAACH5BAEKAAAALAAAAAABAAEAAAICRAEAOw==

Frosty one!

IDK if maybe is the lights/camera, but it doesn't looks like Malawi's flowers to me, or at least not like the 2 phenos that I grow, not only the colours but flower structure too, I hope you just have a rare and awesome pheno.

best regards

Lester Moore

Veteran
I noticed it wasn't looking like the photos I have seen. I got the seeds from mandala about 10-12 months ago. Hope it's legit and you are right about the rare pheno. They do have a kind of silver tint to them. Here is another pic with a little different lighting.
PXL_20220113_025933945.PORTRAIT.jpg

HCMPA

I noticed it wasn't looking like the photos I have seen. I got the seeds from mandala about 10-12 months ago. Hope it's legit and you are right about the rare pheno. They do have a kind of silver tint to them. Here is another pic with a little different lighting.

Can't say without a pic where I can see the plant, and even then take it with a grain of salt since I'm a student of all matters and master of none, but the prior pics where we can see more branch, looks to me like a asian sativa structure more than african.

best regards

Lester Moore

Veteran
I am hoping it is my environment which is causing a different expression. I will be so very disappointed if this is not Malawi. I have a clone of this about 6 weeks into flower. I will post pics of the whole plant when the sun comes up. I really bent the plant ( above pic) expecting huge stretch which did not happen. Another concerning thing. I would order another pack but it appears RGS is all out. Thank you for your help and input. HCMPA & hombre!

ipchains

10.5 weeks...almost there! ther

Hi Lester Moore,

I think you have no reason to worry regarding authenticity of your malawi plant. I've had such a pheno once in 2018, was an early finisher at 11 weeks of flowering and delivered one of the strongest but totally debilitating high, like floating in huge pulsating ocean of energies, very interesting feeling 😉 We called it Silver Malawi. Cobs from it were just amazing.

Cheers.

babe ruth

I think your good, i believe its just an nice dense buds pheno of malawi. The calixes and flower and color are very similar to a super malawi haze i got that i was thinking of as a malawi pheno

Lester Moore

Veteran
Hi Lester Moore,

I think you have no reason to worry regarding authenticity of your malawi plant. I've had such a pheno once in 2018, was an early finisher at 11 weeks of flowering and delivered one of the strongest but totally debilitating high, like floating in huge pulsating ocean of energies, very interesting feeling 😉 We called it Silver Malawi. Cobs from it were just amazing.

Cheers.

Thank you for the info! You have put my mind at ease. I have spent several months, maybe a year with this plant. It's funny you say 11 weeks, one just hit 11 weeks and is looking ready. Thank you all who weighed in on this. You all are invaluable and help me learn and become a better and more knowledgeable grower of the sativa. Thanks!!!! Big hugs to all of you! I am not good with words but after cured I'll update on taste and effect.

HCMPA

I'm sorry if I'm scare you or ruined your peace of mind, I was close to not say anything because of that, happily looks like is just an awesome pheno :plant grow:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Wonderful pheno Lester Moore looks dynamite! :tiphat: Thanks for posting pics of it!
Don't worry, Mandala is a very ACE Seeds legit retailer (great people, we are in touch with them almost on daily basis) and you got there an outstanding New Killer phantom pheno. Hope you keep clones! Have you tried it already ? I would follow same environment and same feeding schedule for it than in your previous run.

2 malawis few months ago, little shy of 13weeks. with long flush, really sweet smoke. thanks dubi and co.

Great yield on your Malawi indoor grow captainrelief well done! ;) Glad you like the outcome!

Malawi reg

Lovely flowers on your Malawi from regular seeds west-eu :yummy: Did you have the chance to sample it ?

Glad you are exploring straight Malawi after your good experience with Malawi x PCK FletchF.Fletch :dance013:
Guess you are giving a try to the regular version since i see you comment on males, good luck!

Lester Moore

Veteran
Yes I kept clones for sure. I tried it at 4 weeks cure, slight peppery flavor and surprisingly more of a body feel than head. Not what I was expecting but also not disappointed. I am going to harvest the next one a week earlier and see if there is a little more zip in it. But I definitely enjoy this one.

Naturalgazda

On the way from Ace company I have ordered a small package of Malawi standard seeds and a large package of tropical sativa blends. I am in high anticipation ...... Any process of crossing will be stellar.