What's new

A Taste of Africa from Malawi

HCMPA

MAlawi #1 looks like is not gonna have so chunky fatty colas as Malawi #2, still have nice weight, maybe low temps in nights have something to do, last week was all nights under 10º celsius, even some 4-6º Celsius, days are close to 20º and with blue clean skys, rubbing her stems give incense aroma.

Malawi #1:

m1b1_1211.jpg - Click image for larger version  Name:	m1b1_1211.jpg Views:	0 Size:	98.9 KB ID:	17988385

m1b2_1211.jpg - Click image for larger version  Name:	m1b2_1211.jpg Views:	0 Size:	82.9 KB ID:	17988386

m1b3_1211.jpg - Click image for larger version  Name:	m1b3_1211.jpg Views:	0 Size:	82.9 KB ID:	17988387

m1b4_1211.jpg - Click image for larger version  Name:	m1b4_1211.jpg Views:	0 Size:	105.8 KB ID:	17988388

m1_1211.jpg - Click image for larger version  Name:	m1_1211.jpg Views:	0 Size:	186.4 KB ID:	17988389

Malawi 2#, close to harvest, this morning her smell changed to a pure lemon tree flowers (Azahar), there is in the background still a bit oily dangerous smell. Not sure but maybe this weekend I do harvest the more mature colas, they are big chunky ones, with very nice weight and your fingers turns black easy touching her, Malawi #2 was eated for a donkey (2 main stems), she suffers jumpers the most and something was wrong in the last transplant, she didn't grow as much and fast as Malawi #1 from that day, still I'm very happy with the result, is more than enough, I wish I have always my stash filled like right now.

Malawi #2:

m2b1_1211.jpg - Click image for larger version  Name:	m2b1_1211.jpg Views:	0 Size:	97.9 KB ID:	17988390

m2b2_1211.jpg - Click image for larger version  Name:	m2b2_1211.jpg Views:	0 Size:	91.4 KB ID:	17988391

m2b4_1211.jpg - Click image for larger version  Name:	m2b4_1211.jpg Views:	0 Size:	93.6 KB ID:	17988392

m2b5_1211.jpg - Click image for larger version  Name:	m2b5_1211.jpg Views:	0 Size:	144.2 KB ID:	17988393

m2_1211.jpg - Click image for larger version  Name:	m2_1211.jpg Views:	0 Size:	188.2 KB ID:	17988394

Lester Moore

Veteran
I know most of you are growing outdoor but wanted to share my current Indoor Malawi experience and what I have learned so far. I think it adapts to the environment like a champ, so, clones do much better and with low nitrogen soil and ​​​amendments. I am getting some flower development after 10-14 days from flip. Everyone probably knows this but there may be an indoor lurker who it may help. Thanks for the Malawi ace crew!

PXL_20211116_033621895.PORTRAIT.jpg

HCMPA

I know most of you are growing outdoor but wanted to share my current Indoor Malawi experience and what I have learned so far. I think it adapts to the environment like a champ, so, clones do much better and with low nitrogen soil and ​​​amendments. I am getting some flower development after 10-14 days from flip. Everyone probably knows this but there may be an indoor lurker who it may help. Thanks for the Malawi ace crew!

Looks healthy, i wish I have an indoor tent at least for mothers, my fruity lemon pheno is something really special in the effects deparment

regards

HCMPA

Malawi #2 was harvested last friday (19 of November), I will put some pics before curing, trichs/pistils/resin/smells wise I'm pretty happy with the harvest timing, I will do a smoke report in one or 2 months, because I love what's coming.

Malawi #1 is suffering really bad weather, high rh, low temps (2º celsius at nights), as you can see pistils tell you the whole bad conditions, there are around 80% milky trichs, maybe 2%-4% ambers, and +-18% clear, nugs have nice weight and resin, and with a loud smeel (oil, wood/incense and some lemon in the background), is not the louder smell out there, but is fairly potent, not discrete in all. Bud samples are the more potent thing I smoke in my live, or at least in the last 25 years I never try something soo potent, I remember around 26 or 28 years ago we has something that caused a couple of Psychotic attacks, but I can't remember how it affected me, true to be said, is the first time that I really feel how hard cannabis can hit, that being said, is more a nice thing than a problem for me, I'm used to micro-dose so I'm very happy with her potency and effects, more on that on few months.

IDK when to chop her, because weather dosen't looks like is gonna get much better, for now not a single spot of any mold/fungus, wich really surprise me, Malawi is a really resistant strain compared with almost every fancy/famous strain of the last 15 years, of course I try to dry/remove all the water on her every day, what's scare me more, is wind, last days there are no so much winds.

Attachments

• photo2089985.jpg
    photo2089985.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 30
  • photo2089984.jpg
    photo2089984.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 30
  • photo2089983.jpg
    photo2089983.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 33

olday

Veteran

I had no troubles at all with Malawi indoors (4x4 tent with HLG 550 r) - super solid only and lighter on the worm castings. Not the greatest pics but she was a happy camper, second run of her from clone.
A7667990-CC3D-4F04-99D3-457098F1406F.jpeg

Attachments

• 95D55BBF-40B8-474F-BF2D-5653ED6B2FF6.jpeg
    95D55BBF-40B8-474F-BF2D-5653ED6B2FF6.jpeg
    135 KB · Views: 58

biggums

My indoor malawis at 3wks of 12/12. Two distinct phenos, number one is more compact but slightly slower to flower. #2 woild have been way taller but it was tied down again.

Bit surprised the taller one flowered first after two weeks of 12/12. Anyway can't wait to see what they do, were a little slow during veg but exploded once flowering started and look like they're gonna grow some big old sativa spears.

Quality plants i'm impressed!

Attachments

• photo2091198.jpg
    photo2091198.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 41
  • photo2091199.jpg
    photo2091199.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 40
  • photo2091201.jpg
    photo2091201.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 42
  • photo2091200.jpg
    photo2091200.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 42

jwm

Veteran
Beautiful healthy indoor plants, big!! As terrific as your run will undoubtedly turn out, there’s something about a big sun grown sativa. Great job…

Lester Moore

Veteran
Olday and biggums those look great! Initially my Malawi jumped several inches in the first few days of 11/13. I may have got jumpy and tied her to aggressively...I think it was HST instead of LST ..😬 she slowed down a lot ..still some vert growth but very slow. I am definitely not disappointed ..I am just starting to learn this strain. Stem rub is great. I am terrible at describing aroma but it's woody almost like cedar with something interesting in the background. I am really enjoying my time with her..thanks again dubi!! I made F2's outdoors so I plan to explore this for for a long time. 11/13 began 10/30...
PXL_20211201_022851271.jpg

El Quijote

Malawi #2 was harvested last friday (19 of November), I will put some pics before curing, trichs/pistils/resin/smells wise I'm pretty happy with the harvest timing, I will do a smoke report in one or 2 months, because I love what's coming.

Malawi #1 is suffering really bad weather, high rh, low temps (2º celsius at nights), as you can see pistils tell you the whole bad conditions, there are around 80% milky trichs, maybe 2%-4% ambers, and +-18% clear, nugs have nice weight and resin, and with a loud smeel (oil, wood/incense and some lemon in the background), is not the louder smell out there, but is fairly potent, not discrete in all. Bud samples are the more potent thing I smoke in my live, or at least in the last 25 years I never try something soo potent, I remember around 26 or 28 years ago we has something that caused a couple of Psychotic attacks, but I can't remember how it affected me, true to be said, is the first time that I really feel how hard cannabis can hit, that being said, is more a nice thing than a problem for me, I'm used to micro-dose so I'm very happy with her potency and effects, more on that on few months.

IDK when to chop her, because weather dosen't looks like is gonna get much better, for now not a single spot of any mold/fungus, wich really surprise me, Malawi is a really resistant strain compared with almost every fancy/famous strain of the last 15 years, of course I try to dry/remove all the water on her every day, what's scare me more, is wind, last days there are no so much winds.

Menuda pinta tiene las flores, súper resinosa enhorabuena nos tiene que dar informe de humo cuando esté bien curada :thank you:

olday

Veteran
Olday and biggums those look great! Initially my Malawi jumped several inches in the first few days of 11/13. I may have got jumpy and tied her to aggressively...I think it was HST instead of LST ..😬 she slowed down a lot ..still some vert growth but very slow. I am definitely not disappointed ..I am just starting to learn this strain. Stem rub is great. I am terrible at describing aroma but it's woody almost like cedar with something interesting in the background. I am really enjoying my time with her..thanks again dubi!! I made F2's outdoors so I plan to explore this for for a long time. 11/13 began 10/30...

Same - The Malawi grew just fine in my tent with just being topped a couple of times and a slightly shorter but not crazy short veg time. Mine also wasn’t crazy long in flower, a little past 12 weeks. So for the quality of the high, she is a hard one to beat for keeping relatively tame indoors.

HCMPA

Menuda pinta tiene las flores, súper resinosa enhorabuena nos tiene que dar informe de humo cuando esté bien curada :thank you:

Tengo para hacer una miniserie de terror con las aventuras de la cosecha y demás, ya veremos si este finde no cae la otra y me quito de marrones, porque la cosa está negra con las autoridades, me vi procesando la primera rodeado de agentes (varios filmando), y yo sin poder encender ni la luz, hasta las tantas escondido en el campo, que no me importa mucho, poco me pueden hacer, pero si me fichan... se acabó hasta que se cansen de mi, por desgracia al año que viene voy a tirar de floraciones más cortas, porque entre la caza, los incendios, los de las setas y toda esa gente que vive para protegernos... estamos jodidos, es una pena con el pedazo de sitio que es para estas sativas, mira este año y ha sido de los otoños más fríos que recuerdo, que de normal si se van a mediados de diciembre no hay pega, que mal haremos a nadie?

El Quijote

Tengo para hacer una miniserie de terror con las aventuras de la cosecha y demás, ya veremos si este finde no cae la otra y me quito de marrones, porque la cosa está negra con las autoridades, me vi procesando la primera rodeado de agentes (varios filmando), y yo sin poder encender ni la luz, hasta las tantas escondido en el campo, que no me importa mucho, poco me pueden hacer, pero si me fichan... se acabó hasta que se cansen de mi, por desgracia al año que viene voy a tirar de floraciones más cortas, porque entre la caza, los incendios, los de las setas y toda esa gente que vive para protegernos... estamos jodidos, es una pena con el pedazo de sitio que es para estas sativas, mira este año y ha sido de los otoños más fríos que recuerdo, que de normal si se van a mediados de diciembre no hay pega, que mal haremos a nadie?

Este año entre los drones de la policía y las filmaciones estamos apañados los dos ten en cuenta que por una o dos plantas no te pueden hacer nada, ahora bien si localizaron tus plantas es por que alguien las vio y denunció seguro, y ahora que le den exeplicaciones a un juez de que hay una o dos plantas, yo después de grabarme el dron de la policía hable con dos abogados y me quedé mucho más tranquilo, no voy a dejar de cultivar por un dron cotilla, resistencia y espero que se legalice pronto, y muchas gracias al PP y PSOE que denegaron la legalización de la marihuana en el Congreso hace unas semanas muchas gracias a los políticos incompetentes nos tenemos que ver con estos problemas, además de vigilar las plantas de ladrones nos vemos con estos también bueno compañero ánimo y veras que no pasa nada 💪💪

olday

Veteran
Having grown them both I don’t think they are anything alike - AFAIK Haze is mostly Colombian depending on the seed run with some Thai and Indian maybe added later.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Thanks to your for your support and for your interest in this line Lester Moore :yes: Really like the way you are growing the genetics from clone, perfectly healthy and well developed indoors in a short period of flowering, hope she is finishing fine now.

Welcome biggums :) Beautiful indoor Malawis in early flowering, perfectly healthy and feeded too.
Despite being one slightly taller than the other, they look in the pic phenotypically quite similar for most of the traits, let's see if they show more differences once they advance a bit more into flowering. Please, keep us updated when you have the chance.

Congrats on your Malawi outdoor harvest HCMPA The genetics were a bit on the limit this season for your climate and latitude, so you deserve even more praise, well done! ;) Really love to hear that the early unfinished buds gave you the most potent effect you have tried in 25 years hehehheeh imagine now with more ripeness and after proper drying/curing process :D
Mil gracias y felices fiestas!
All the best with your Malawis FletchF.Fletch Thanks for joining the party :dance013:

Latest posts

Latest posts