What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

A Taste of Africa from Malawi

Swamp Thang

Veteran
Much thanks for the responses OZZ and Goingrey. I'll see if I can't get a couple of pictures posted here to eliminate some of the guesswork. Seedlings of this age do look pretty generic and even the width of leaves is not yet pronounced at the stage. Sure hope these plants can be kept going for a couple of growing seasons as clone mothers under 16/8 lights, so I can take as many clones as they can bear to stock my outdoor swamp grow this year and hopefully next year too.

Going back to check out FletchFletch's Malwai plants now, and thanks for the pointer, Goingrey.

Subu

Much thanks for the responses OZZ and Goingrey. I'll see if I can't get a couple of pictures posted here to eliminate some of the guesswork. Seedlings of this age do look pretty generic and even the width of leaves is not yet pronounced at the stage. Sure hope these plants can be kept going for a couple of growing seasons as clone mothers under 16/8 lights, so I can take as many clones as they can bear to stock my outdoor swamp grow this year and hopefully next year too.

Going back to check out FletchFletch's Malwai plants now, and thanks for the pointer, Goingrey.

Don't even bother sharing photos of seedlings LOL

Later on it'll be easy to identify the Malawi at a minimum I think

Lester Moore

Veteran
So I checked my notes. Apparently I got a little excited and sampled after only 2 weeks cure. Way to soon. Now at 4 weeks it has developed a lot more, it is still young and already much better! Really slowed time down, changed the time-space continuum lol and lasted about 3 hours. Now I am understanding why 3 months must hold the magic. I think the cure on this, maybe all sativa's is way more influential than other hybrid/ indica strains.....I am still learning.

MaaXero

dubi I got the fem version. What say you, pheno?
20220221_103702.jpg
moo
20220221_104108.jpg

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
MaaXero Malawi fem version is old and new Malawi Killer directly combined in a single line, so killer + killer = Killer.

Looking extremely healthy and elegant FletchF.Fletch Be careful they don't overgrow too much for your setup.

So I checked my notes. Apparently I got a little excited and sampled after only 2 weeks cure. Way to soon. Now at 4 weeks it has developed a lot more, it is still young and already much better! Really slowed time down, changed the time-space continuum lol and lasted about 3 hours. Now I am understanding why 3 months must hold the magic. I think the cure on this, maybe all sativa's is way more influential than other hybrid/ indica strains.....I am still learning.

Glad to hear you are learning new experiences from our genetics Lester Moore Don't judge Malawi so fast with a just a few days fresh after harvest, it becomes much more potent, complex, interesting and pleasant with a long curing of at least 3 months. Sounds like Malawi qualities are starting to shine in your harvest, it will still improve a lot from this point of drying/curing.

El Quijote

Hola amigo FletchF.Fletch :wave:
I see that you have previously cultivated Malawi, I wanted to ask you if you notice any smell in Malawi's cigarette smoke like mechanical workshop oil? I wanted to ask you why in killer A5 haze there is a lot of mechanical oil smell and I liked that dangerous aroma, I never found that aroma in another variety, I think it is a typical Malawi aroma from what I could read, greetings

FletchF.Fletch

420club
Buen dia amigo El Quijote . This is my first attempt at the pure Malawi after success with Malawi x Panama, Super Malawi Haze, Malawi x PCK, and the Killer A5 Haze. You're absolutely correct describing the garage mechanic oil smells and taste. I love that flavor in the Hybrids and had to try it straight with no chaser.

El Quijote

Buen dia amigo El Quijote . This is my first attempt at the pure Malawi after success with Malawi x Panama, Super Malawi Haze, Malawi x PCK, and the Killer A5 Haze. You're absolutely correct describing the garage mechanic oil smells and taste. I love that flavor in the Hybrids and had to try it straight with no chaser.

Thinking that you had already cultivated it in malawi hehehe

I will be very attentive and excited to see your follow-up of malawi, in super malawi I have also noticed that aroma of fatty oil Reinoso but much less intense than in k A5h, these blessed malawi and hybrids are dangerous amen :bongsmi:

this season I will put or Malawi, or malawi x panama my garden was too small for so many excellent genetics

Old Fogey

Purple Malawi line at about 9 weeks of flower. This plant is crossed to a Nepal Jam male, still produced a lot of sour lime smelling resin.

fetch

Here is a big fat Malawi purple pheno (almost 4oz cola dry weight in coco/perlite from a 1 gal pot) and some offspring made in a cross with Peak Seeds BC Blueberry.

Also some kief I made from popcorn and low grade mids using household equipment and regular kitchen sieves.

The F1 cross grows big and yields are 4-5 oz per 1 gal pot. Rock hard buds, potency is average to high with the green phenos noticeably stronger. The effects are superb, trippy in a pleasant way and very long lasting.

Attachments

• 20170808_162429.jpg
    20170808_162429.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 99
  • 20210209_154513.jpg
    20210209_154513.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 80
  • 20210428_165539.jpg
    20210428_165539.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 75
  • 20210306_103010.jpg
    20210306_103010.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 76
  • 20210222_150407.jpg
    20210222_150407.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 100
  • 20211220_101646.jpg
    20211220_101646.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 100
Last edited:

wutwut

Veteran
winner@420giveaway
zamaldelicas at left, and malawis at right. sadly i lost one malawi because she was super slow. also one other malawi on left does have weird looking leaves (last time when i saw this same type, it hermed). but after all my waitings are pretty high. i'm curious to get known of these genetics, not just only in photos and messages, but to get in touch with them and smoke.

Click image for larger version  Name:	zm.png Views:	0 Size:	517.7 KB ID:	18100350
monster malawi

Click image for larger version  Name:	2-1.png Views:	0 Size:	566.1 KB ID:	18100351

i'm planing to veg them in those small pots until they are ready to get pruned. after recovering i will repot them to 2 gal fabrics pots. there they can grow a little before lights are going to change to 11/13 (600w hps 4x4x7).

Attachments

• zm.png
    zm.png
    517.7 KB · Views: 41
  • zm.png
    zm.png
    517.7 KB · Views: 41

lemonade

Veteran
@wutwut: Your plants are looking real nice! They don't look weird at all to me. I certainly don't think you can call potential hermie traits down the road from what your showing hehe. I wouldn't worry. 😀

Most hermie expressions are from environment. Light leaks, stress etc. However 4x4x7 is a liiiiitle bit big of a footprint for 600w HPS IMO, especially when running NLD varieties. Your mileage may vary though; strain and environment dependant of course. When I did 600's I'd usually do 3x3 area. 3.5x3.5 ft max. If strain allowed it, overlapping lights etc.

Anyhow, here's some Malawi at day 3 flower (11/13) in 2 Gal pots! Couple in the back already startin' to stretch a bit. 😁

4 Wk's since seeds popped!

@Old Fogey: That shit looks AMAZING!! Wow! Whatcha gonna call it? Are you from BC too btw?

Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC04106.JPG Views:	0 Size:	75.4 KB ID:	18104191
wAAACH5BAEKAAAALAAAAAABAAEAAAICRAEAOw==
Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC04108.JPG Views:	0 Size:	69.5 KB ID:	18104192
wAAACH5BAEKAAAALAAAAAABAAEAAAICRAEAOw==

Last edited:

babe ruth

So this is a malawi fem from 2017-18, in some very rich organic soil, frowered early at about 3 weeks of life, now at 11 weeks since flip, took a while to show flower but flowering came on strong and overal its an amazing plant as a little fruity toutch to it, couple weeks left but looking foward to that easy trim !

Latest posts

Latest posts