What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

A rise in global authoritarianism.

Gry

Veteran
But but we are all going to die if we don't submit to wokeness.
Have heard they were out to get us since we were kids, and do imagine
that in the end it will be a true statement. Until that time arrives...

'Boogieman'

so you don't think that people who strongly indicate their adherence to one particular form of religion aren't going to have their views skewed by that religion? on say for instance,abortion?

Sure it could happen, just like a left leaning judge could let bias obstruct our second ammendment rights. For the record im pro choice as long as it's within the first 3 months or so.

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i know you won't agree,but the second amendment is about a "well organized militia" and not an individuals right to own as many guns as they want...right to bear arms,not right to own arms...

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
and to be clear,i have no problem with people having the proper tools for hunting and the like,but individuals acquiring a personal arsenal not so much...there's a reasonable level of gun ownership that in my mind does not include military grade weapons...unless there's zombies involved:biggrin:

armedoldhippy

Veteran
i know you won't agree,but the second amendment is about a "well organized militia" and not an individuals right to own as many guns as they want...right to bear arms,not right to own arms...

arms are useless as tits on big boar hogs unless you have them at home, with ammunition. a pistol is an ineffective hammer, a AR-15 is a clumsy softball bat. try again...you know what? the Supreme Court disagrees with you on what the 2nd amendment is referring to. if you cannot own an arm, you cannot bear arms. self-defense is a right, not something that can be voted down.

'Boogieman'

here you go, fixed it for you. you need some spelling lessons badly. exactly WHICH party is trying to push laws enacting THEIR religious beliefs now? think hard now...

Republicans had the Courts, House, Senate, and Presidency... And zero religious laws were passed. I think it's time you find some new material, these old talking points have no place in 2021. Meanwhile Democrats are once again trying to ban rifles which is a clear violation of my second ammendment rights.

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
I always thought the 2nd was to make sure every american had the ability, should they feel the need, to shoot an Englishman. Made me a little nervous wandering around over there I must admit. Never been so reassured to see a cop in my life. Fortunately most Americans use them to shoot other Americans rather than their intended purpose :)

Cannavore

Veteran
last i checked they werent trying to ban anything. just make them harder to get by instituting policies the overwhelming majority of americans are in favor of doing if you look at the polling data.

also - just because zero "religious" laws were passed doesn't mean he wasn't trying to advance the goals of the theocratic authoritarians who call themselves god loving republicans. did he not pack the courts with super conservative and religious minded judges? did he not whip up the christian nationalist base into a fervor? did he not attack lgbt rights under the guise of religious pandering? did he not go after abortion and reproductive rights?

The Trump Administration’s Final Push to Make It Easier for Religious Employers to Discriminate

https://www.propublica.org/article/religious-freedom-policies-trump-administration

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
how do you bare arms without owning arms? lol. do you go to the library to borrow them when your house getting broken in to, or when your nations is being invaded? if a woman is being chased by muggers i guess she has to detour to the nearest public weapon storage facility or something, lmao.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
Republicans had the Courts, House, Senate, and Presidency... And zero religious laws were passed. I think it's time you find some new material, these old talking points have no place in 2021. Meanwhile Democrats are once again trying to ban rifles which is a clear violation of my second ammendment rights.

until the GOP stops trying to outlaw abortion/keep pot illegal, because of THEIR religious beliefs, i'll keep pointing out their (and your) hypocrisy...i agree with you on the 2nd amendment.

Gry

Veteran
What goes unspoken, is that the well regulated militia was a slave patrol.

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
and i also think giant stupid jacked up trucks should be illegal!:biggrin:
21047.jpg

St. Phatty

and i also think giant stupid jacked up trucks should be illegal!:biggrin:

NO WAY ! ! !

Put a crane on that thing and it actually becomes useful.

I have a neighbor with a 56 Chevy, the 5 window version, on the edge of a cliff.

They're gonna need a 4x4 with a crane to move it.

Click image for larger version  Name:	21047.jpg Views:	4 Size:	153.8 KB ID:	17820758

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
naw,that top one would never be useful except as a billboard for the local president of the small wiener club:biggrin:
my buddy has a flatbed with a davit crane like that...made installing the cooler on the roof a breeze

Doctor M

Have heard they were out to get us since we were kids, and do imagine
that in the end it will be a true statement. Until that time arrives...

China Boasts: They Have Control Over Western Think Tanks, ‘Election Integrity’ Groups, And Even Joe Biden’s National Security Team

Learning Chinese doesn't have to be difficult. Rosetta Stone shows you how to learn Chinese with bite-sized lessons.
https://www.rosettastone.com/languages/learn-chinese/