What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

A rise in global authoritarianism.

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
OK, that figure will include all bonds, but not public private equity deals, which are not considered capital expenditure even though the govt is obliged to pay out for them. This is the type of deal where a private company builds a school or hospital or something and in return the govt rents the building back and pays maintenance contracts for the upkeep. It works out far more expensive than just building it themselves, but they don't spend cash upfront, just agree to overpay each year in the future.
these deals annoy the hell out of me.

Cannavore

Veteran
It can't collapse, currencies can collapse, but unless you want to return to feudal lords and serfs, what else is there?

that's exactly what's happening lol.

corporatism > authoritarian capitalism > neo-feudalism is likely the path we are currently on. the capitalists will never give up power. we know what the solutions to these problems are but most people are too far gone and propagandized to make a proper stand against them, and will actually defend the system and the capitalists against any meaningful reform or citizen uprising. it will always be co-opted.

Cannavore

Veteran
damn, no thread up about Israel/Palestine? I was expecting some ethnic cleansing bootlicking as well as some anti semetic takes up in here not gonna lie.

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
damn, no thread up about Israel/Palestine? I was expecting some ethnic cleansing bootlicking as well as some anti semetic takes up in here not gonna lie.

please start a thread, i wanted to and got distracted, also i don't have a good article or video to start it with at my finger tips. i did see Mehdi Hasan holding the Israeli propaganda experts feet to the fire about blowing up civilian hi rises, giving the occupants 10 minutes to collect their lifes belongings before its turned to dust. nice Eid present for them.

Cannavore

Veteran
true but there isn't really any debate. it's pretty cut and dry unless you're an IDF shill. israel is an apartheid state. fuck fascism in all forms.

Cannavore

Veteran
real quotes.

we give these people billions every year, the IDF trains US police, the right protects and supports them and you wonder why fascism is currently in the US?

E1cPzLgXoAk3b6M?format=jpg&name=large.jpg

E1cPzLhWEAQKzXl?format=jpg&name=large.jpg

E1cPzNoXEAEew4h?format=jpg&name=large.jpg

E1cPzLiWYAM4DIz?format=jpg&name=large.jpg

armedoldhippy

Veteran
i suspect that your average Israeli is not as rabid. that said, growing up among neighbors that routinely chant "DEATH TO ISRAEL!" while marching, and nearly daily trying to make that happen, just "might" harden ones attitude toward them. they do have some faily recent history with folks that tried to exterminate them from the face of the earth. they are not going to go quietly into the night again, bank on it!

St. Phatty

The Middle East was much more peaceful in 1934, before the Jewish Terrorists & early Israeli Terrorist-settlers arrived in 1935.

Latest posts

Latest posts