What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

A rise in global authoritarianism.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
The Middle East was much more peaceful in 1934, before the Jewish Terrorists & early Israeli Terrorist-settlers arrived in 1935.

i understand that the Native Americans along the Eastern Seaboard of North America enjoyed life before the Europeans showed up uninvited. let's fight those wars some more while we are at it...

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
i understand that the Native Americans along the Eastern Seaboard of North America enjoyed life before the Europeans showed up uninvited. let's fight those wars some more while we are at it...

if people use past genocide to excuse present day genocide we will never get anywhere. i wasn't alive to rant and rave against the Indians being genocided, but im alive now to see it done to the Palestinians, so i speak out against it. i think it was horrendous when it was done to the Jews too, so i can't now be for it, just because its a plucky western colony state in the middle east called Israel doing it.

mowood3479

Veteran
It’s not official us foreign policy to fuck everything up in the Middle East. It’s more of a pet cia/pentagon project if u ask me... officially the usa is for peace and a two state solution for Palestine... It’s unofficial us foreign policy ( and billions of real foreign military aid) all over the world that’s causing this violence imho

armedoldhippy

Veteran
if people use past genocide to excuse present day genocide we will never get anywhere. i wasn't alive to rant and rave against the Indians being genocided, but im alive now to see it done to the Palestinians, so i speak out against it. i think it was horrendous when it was done to the Jews too, so i can't now be for it, just because its a plucky western colony state in the middle east called Israel doing it.

it's their one shot at being a nation again, and they know it. i don't blame them for doing everything they can to keep their heads above water under the circumstances. this does NOT mean that i condone everything they do. you can call what Israel does "genocide" all you want, that situation does not meet any definition of it that i have ever read.

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
yeah its their 1 shot and they are blowing it, just like the south Africans blew it. all they are doing is sowing the seeds of hatred and their own destruction. its becoming clearer and clearer, they don't want peace and reconciliation with Palestinians, they want them gone, baring that they want them suffering, never prosperous and most importantly they want them to be stateless and landless individually. they want a Jewish supremacist apartheid state and i would say they have been successful at building it. how it can be sustainable in the long term as a 2 class nation permanently occupying and oppressing millions of humans is the other question.

Cannavore

Veteran
yes and US/British imperialism made it worse.

i don't see how you can't agree with that. historically and currently, we have a long history of destablizing this region for western gains. US and Europe overthrew democratically elected middle eastern governments and installed dictators who brutalized their own people. we literally drew the borders for countries like Pakistan and Israel (two of the most unstable places on earth).

countries like Iran would be democracies today if it weren't for US imperialism.

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
^^^
what a crock of shit.... The middle east was very fucked up long before 1776 came around....

the middle east was no more or less violent and chaotic then anywhere else in those times, in fact there were very stable times interspersed with the wars. what turned it on its head is the balford declaration, basically since the 1930's. the whole world has a history of nations fighting, making it seem like the middle east was some how specially violent is just a weak excuse for the mayhem the west caused there with the zionist project of Israel. i would say toppling democratically elected leaders in favour of US pet dictators that then sell out their people, also played a large roll.

Gry

Veteran
The Cover-Up Continues: The Truth About Bill Gates, Microsoft, and Jeffrey Epstein

While more revelations about the Bill Gates–Jeffrey Epstein relationship have begun trickling out following the Gates’s divorce announcement, the strong evidence pointing to their relationship beginning decades prior to 2011 continues to be covered up by the media—not necessarily to protect Bill but to protect Microsoft.
https://unlimitedhangout.com/2021/0...out-bill-gates-microsoft-and-jeffrey-epstein/