What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

A rise in global authoritarianism.

Microbeman

The Logical Gardener
ICMag Donor
Veteran
the context is the Chines supposed slave labour, when was the last time CNN accused the US of running slave labour camps? so far most of whats been carried as you put it is that China is committing genocide etc.

do you have thoughts on the topic i wonder? or would you like to keep on making this about me and my search for truth on the matter of China?

Well 2016 for starters; https://www.cnn.com/2016/10/30/us/us-prisoner-strike/index.html
Can you point me to the discussion(s) where White B talks about China committing genocide and also your search for the truth on China? Thanks in advance.

Microbeman

The Logical Gardener
ICMag Donor
Veteran
so basically what you're saying is the US is China but with religious freedom. cause we're guilty of all those things too.

So many Americans view the world through the spoon fed propaganda fog, that they fail to see what is going on in their own country as well as not seeing the truth internationally.

Gry

Veteran
China locks up those who protest, practice religion, or even blow a whistle on things such as the coronavirus. You can spin it however you want but the Chinese government is evil and needs to be stopped.
I did not spin a thing Boogie, I accurately stated fact that you are uncomfortable with.
Please share with us what this evil is you see in China, and how would you like to see it stopped.

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
search for truth on China

https://www.icmag.com/forum/talk-ab...r/17804956-has-china-already-won-the-next-war

i was pretty sure of things up till quite recently, now im starting to wonder about some of the shit we hear about China. once the msm goes on a concerted anti China crusade i start to get suspicious.

as of right now, im no longer sure about genocide taking place. that isn't to say that life in China is good for the Uighurs, they are being watched, and many do have family members locked up. there also seems to be evidence that they are not allowed to travel easy and the ones that leave have trouble ever talking with their relatives back home. the question really is are they being ethnically cleansed? are they being mass raped, sterilized? or are they trying to re educate separatists and terrorists as they claim?

still, the authoritarian bent of the place is undoubted and i wouldn't want to live under their world order either.

'Boogieman'

I did not spin a thing Boogie, I accurately stated fact that you are uncomfortable with.
Please share with us what this evil is you see in China, and how would you like to see it stopped.

You gave me the dumbest argument I ever heard. They are not evil because they are successful? By that logic America must be great by your standards especially considering that you lived through the best economic times.

Never mind the fact that China is extreamly authoritarian, oppressing the people of Hong Kong and Taiwan, making whistle blowers disappear, putting people of religion in camps indefinitely. You can get the death penalty for weed. China does pretty much everything the left claims they are against... Which makes me wonder what are your true utter motives to support such a fucked up country. Perhaps deep down you hate people and loathe for oppression?

'Boogieman'

so basically what you're saying is the US is China but with religious freedom. cause we're guilty of all those things too.

Do we give people the death penalty for smoking weed? Do we shoot people who try to illegally enter our country? Do we put people in reeducation camps when they have religious beliefs? Do we bury people alive after a high speed train crash because our leaders are worried about the embarrassing aspects of the situation?

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
You gave me the dumbest argument I ever heard. They are not evil because they are successful? By that logic America must be great by your standards especially considering that you lived through the best economic times.

Never mind the fact that China is extreamly authoritarian, oppressing the people of Hong Kong and Taiwan, making whistle blowers disappear, putting people of religion in camps indefinitely. You can get the death penalty for weed. China does pretty much everything the left claims they are against... Which makes me wonder what are your true utter motives to support such a fucked up country. Perhaps deep down you hate people and loathe for oppression?

why read things into what Gry said that he didnt actually say.

all i think he is saying is that context is important and things can be phrased to sound very different then they are. we should be suspicious when the war mongers start to get more air time and the accusations become more outlandish. i for 1 would not like to fall for another weapons of mass destruction scam only to end up seeing a whole new bigger war, again based on a pack of lies.

i do know 1 thing with absolute certainty, authoritarian governments do not become less authoritarian if they are constantly being attacked and sanctioned etc. all that does is make the dictators job easier by unify the population against the outsiders.

Gry

Veteran

Neither ulterior nor loathe are new to the language.
I made no argument, I asked you share with us what evil you see in China.

Microbeman

The Logical Gardener
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Do we give people the death penalty for smoking weed? Do we shoot people who try to illegally enter our country? Do we put people in reeducation camps when they have religious beliefs? Do we bury people alive after a high speed train crash because our leaders are worried about the embarrassing aspects of the situation?

it's actually trafficking and possession of 150 kilos that is on the books for execution in China. I'm not sure one can even believe that though. Do you have any substantiation for your other claims. The US has had re-education facilities, maybe still does.

armedoldhippy

Veteran

no death penalty. some have died of old age in prison for weed. still got folks in there serving 30+ year sentences for possession/sale of small amounts. there are MANY folks in this country that would love to be on the border with permission to shoot. our trains not fast enough, so no. religion? all you want. and feel free to try to force others to live by YOUR beliefs...

'Boogieman'

no death penalty. some have died of old age in prison for weed. still got folks in there serving 30+ year sentences for possession/sale of small amounts. there are MANY folks in this country that would love to be on the border with permission to shoot. our trains not fast enough, so no. religion? all you want. and feel free to try to force others to live by YOUR beliefs...

I have no religious beliefs, I'm just not triggered by those who do. And funny how you talk about forcing beliefs on others, that's all lefties ever do from my experience. For the left, politics is religion.

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I have no religious beliefs, I'm just not triggered by those who do. And funny how you talk about forcing beliefs on others, that's all lefties ever do from my experience.

you mean like appointing a bunch of catholic judges to the supreme court?

Cannavore

Veteran
Do we give people the death penalty for smoking weed?
China doesn't give people the DP for smoking weed either.

The US without a doubt currently has Americans in their jails serving life sentences for weed. Which may not be a death penalty, it surely is a death sentence.

And then we have shit like this;

Trump urges death penalty for drug dealers

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-43465229

Do we shoot people who try to illegally enter our country?

Donald Trump 'suggested shooting migrants in the legs'

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-49901878

Do we put people in reeducation camps when they have religious beliefs?
nah we just do it based on skin color instead lol.

Do we bury people alive after a high speed train crash because our leaders are worried about the embarrassing aspects of the situation?
nah we just downplay and politicize science in a way that it cost 500,000 americans their lives last year.

'Boogieman'

you mean like appointing a bunch of catholic judges to the supreme court?

It's their job to rule on the constitution as written, and separation of church and state is clear as day. Their religious beliefs and their constitutional duty should and will be separated. What exactly do you have against catholic people anyways? Is there something I don't know about?

'Boogieman'

China doesn't give people the DP for smoking weed either.

The US without a doubt currently has Americans in their jails serving life sentences for weed. Which may not be a death penalty, it surely is a death sentence.

And then we have shit like this;

Trump urges death penalty for drug dealers

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-43465229

Donald Trump 'suggested shooting migrants in the legs'

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-49901878

nah we just do it based on skin color instead lol.

nah we just downplay and politicize science in a way that it cost 500,000 americans their lives last year.

We both know half the shit Trump said was just to troll and stir the pot. It's what he has done all his life. The vaccine was rolled out in record time, but I suppose Biden will get all the credit for that lol. It turns out it was a different asian country who executed people for smoking weed so I'm wrong on that one.

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
It's their job to rule on the constitution as written, and separation of church and state is clear as day. Their religious beliefs and their constitutional duty should and will be separated. What exactly do you have against catholic people anyways? Is there something I don't know about?

ummm,the crusades,still really pissed about that!

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran

so you don't think that people who strongly indicate their adherence to one particular form of religion aren't going to have their views skewed by that religion? on say for instance,abortion?

Latest posts

Latest posts