What's new

Has China already won the next war?

armedoldhippy

Veteran
i'm afraid that this may be fact, if an unacknowledged one. if we are truly at war with them, it is inevitable that they have every advantage, militarily, other than our (hopefully) superior technology. brute strength has its own advantages obviously. they have had every opportunity to closely observe how we react over the last few decades, politically and militarily, but maybe even more importantly, economically. they have almost never made a rash move because of their long-range thinking. this bothers me the most. they have let slip the mask, and i think it was done deliberately because they have seen how this movie ends. the "Long March" is not rhetoric they give lip service to. our best hope is an outbreak of civil unrest, but it would have to oust the Party to have the hoped-for effect. tell me what you think...as usual, i ask not that you agree with me, only that you think about it.

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
they are raising the US is doing the opposite, in fact many western nation are taking up more and more of the chinese style of governing, all the big universities are infiltrated, even holliwood self censors to get that china money. as we see by the Uighurs and how they treat truth tellers about covid, they will be terrible masters. they have been spreading their influence and port infrastructure world wide, western nations have let Chinese companies invest in their ports or in companies that operate the ports. they now have their tentacles spread all over the globe. imagine the amount of military equipment you can hide in those massive freight ships. China is probably not into territorial invasions, but they most certainly will use their growing power to force the rest of us to let them continue to grow. i would be a lot less scared of their growing power in the world if they didnt treat their own citizens like slaves and lock up human beings in what amounts to concentration camps, very worrying situation developing.

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
Fuckin chicoms harvest the organs of young dissidents. AOH cheered the chicoms helping steal our free and fair elections, and now laments that America is done for? Dude, the new paradigm is survival in a failed currency, and broke n desperate guv.mint scenario, with them robbing the few remaining resources or themselves, and feeding the sheeple bread crumbs and tee vee circuses.

I certainly am making moves in securing some kind of future with whatever liberty I can still get away with.

Absolem

As China builds it's economic machine the US will focus on it's military buildup. China will win the "war" without even firing a shot.

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
As China builds it's economic machine the US will focus on it's military buildup. China will win the "war" without even firing a shot.

im surprised to find myself in agreement :D
mind you they are quietly building military too, their navy is about to surpass the US navy in ship numbers

armedoldhippy

Veteran

an ancient Chinese saying (can't remember who. Sun Tzu maybe) said something to the effect that "the art of war is to subdue without fighting"

Absolem

im surprised to find myself in agreement :D
mind you they are quietly building military too, their navy is about to surpass the US navy in ship numbers

:friends:

I wouldn't put it past China if their Naval buildup was to goad the US into sinking more money into it's military as opposed to infrastructure in our own country. China owns 70% of all patents on green technology. They are gambling on their environment by burning loads of fossil fuels in hopes ten years from now they will be off fossil fuels. One thing about China is they think long term.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
Robert E. Lee prevented many battles during the Civil War by his deft troop maneuvers, making an opponents defensive position untenable...AND preserving his numerically inferior forces to fight again another day. he WAS a military genius...

St. Phatty

The US has a unique vulnerability that Russia and China don't have, in different ways.

The US is very vulnerable to wildfire, partially because so much of suburbia is built on the edge of wildfire areas.

Like the Coffey Park area in Santa Rosa, small homes on city lots West of the 101. When the bigger fire came in 2017, well 101 should have been a fire break. It wasn't.

That scenario, that played out in Alberta in 2016 and California nearly every year since, won't go away.

China is so built up, they have no forests left, except in the North on the border with China.

Russia has so much forest they could afford to lose 47 million acres to wildfire in 2003 and 2020. An area about the size of Oregon. The numbers for 2003 were later revised down to 20 million acres, no idea what happened there.

Of course that has a big cost for Russia's rural residents. Breathing smoke all summer long, makes it hard to get work done.

It is very easy for either Russia or China to start a fire in the US, either by satellite or by a state agent on the ground.

Though any conflict that escalates certainly looks like Mutual Assured Destruction.

As far as America's so called Missile Defense, it only works on small low tech missiles like Israel might have to deal with.

igrowone

Veteran
my own humble perspective
let's make a list of all of China's allies and leave NK off the list
I'm counting zero myself
list of adversaries if it came to war, probably everybody else that matters
I suspect the Chinese see it this way too

oldmustang

China doesn't need allies with their size and strength. Our current administration doesn't have the balls or backbone to stand up to anyone must less the CCP.
They'll roll over and bare their belly before they stand up to anyone. Biden will bend over and grab his ankles in public for the Chinese, he's a worthless, spineless piece of shit

packerfan79

Veteran
China doesn't need allies with their size and strength. Our current administration doesn't have the balls or backbone to stand up to anyone must less the CCP.
They'll roll over and bare their belly before they stand up to anyone. Biden will bend over and grab his ankles in public for the Chinese, he's a worthless, spineless piece of shit

Of course they have already purchased Biden, and through him his party.

When China invades Taiwan, and Biden does nothing you will know, we've turned our back on allied country for a payout to a crackhead and his senile father.

China, is actively increasing the masculinity of there men, while we are encouraging our men to wear skirts and lose there minds about children's books.

China has already won the war, most Americans just don't know it yet.

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
Of course they have already purchased Biden, and through him his party.

When China invades Taiwan, and Biden does nothing you will know, we've turned our back on allied country for a payout to a crackhead and his senile father.

China, is actively increasing the masculinity of there men, while we are encouraging our men to wear skirts and lose there minds about children's books.

China has already won the war, most Americans just don't know it yet.

thats what i don't get, shouldn't the US be getting closer to Russia, instead of pushing them directly into chinas arms? Russia is a natural enemy of china and we spent the last 20 years pushing them closer together.

packerfan79

Veteran
thats what i don't get, shouldn't the US be getting closer to Russia, instead of pushing them directly into chinas arms? Russia is a natural enemy of china and we spent the last 20 years pushing them closer together.

That would be the logical thing to do. Logic has been replaced by ideology. It's hard for most Americans to not wonder if we are being prepared for a Chinese occupation, whether physical or what we have currently, an ideological occupation.

armedoldhippy

Veteran

suck up to Russia? absolutely not, at least as long as Putin & friends are in power. "lie down with dogs, get up with fleas..." or worse.

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
suck up to Russia? absolutely not, at least as long as Putin & friends are in power. "lie down with dogs, get up with fleas..." or worse.

lmao is there nothing in the middle of sucking up and out right hostility? who scares you more is the real question i suppose. or maybe we should ask which alliance would be most likely to let us keep our systems of government? or do you think it wise to take them both on at the same time as we seem to be heading for?

armedoldhippy

Veteran
lmao is there nothing in the middle of sucking up and out right hostility? who scares you more is the real question i suppose. or maybe we should ask which alliance would be most likely to let us keep our systems of government? or do you think it wise to take them both on at the same time as we seem to be heading for?

which alliance? neither damn one. i don't think either of them will bow up and start a shooting war. Russia is a shadow of its former military capabilities when the USSR made Europe quake. and China, while building up, would prefer to NOT fight. if the US got into a shooting war with either, it would be world-wide catastrophic, because a decades long nuclear winter would starve an incredible % of people. well, maybe that little fat fuck in North Korea. i'm afraid he believes his own press like the Chump did...

packerfan79

Veteran

Nuance is not allowed, only ideological lockstep. ironically coming from people who actively suck up to Iran as they actively kill American soldiers.

If you want to see what happens when you don't tow the MIC line. Check out what was and actively is being done to Michael Flynn.

Fortunately, Xi, and Putin hate each other enough that they won't ally together. We hope.

Latest posts

Latest posts