What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

A question for the growers using Jacks 5-12-26

xxxstr8edgexxx

Veteran
I was under the impression that people use these nutes for both veg and flower, no?

i just realized why you asked that. i did say somemthing about switching to bloom nutes. in the case of jacks that wouldnt apply unless you use boosters with it which some people do.
you can make your own pk booster out of monopotassium phosphate and monoammonium phosphate from the feed store if they do agronomy and fertilizers. its like 20 bucks a feed sack to buy boosters at htose stores. cannabis grow store boosters are so silly and exspensive.
M.O.A.B. is
90%moopotassium phosphhate
and
10% monoammonium phosphate
if you like that stuff it costs 50 cetns a pound at the feed store but you gotta buy big 25 or 50 pound sacks
but thats no problem when you consider thats about the price of a lil tiny tub of that other shit.
but if you are doing jacks like a kiss method than disregard. plenty of jacks people eschew the boosting technique.
those that dont eithr blend it in with salts like i mentioned or they use one of jacks brand boosters.
you might try calling them they are really nice just be respectful about not bringing up the specific flower you are growing but rather just refer to your ratios as a reference. tell em you live in colorado and just leave it at that. they wont pry if they get suspicious.. i think they are aware of the nute industry and how much more intelligent and cheaper of a choice they are. they are just tied by policy ad federal law. they are not a cannabis nutrient company at all whatsoever and i get the impression they are trying to figure out how to handle all the attention they are getting.
they are a no brainer for a commercial grow looking for highst quality with low overhead. these flowers look great. smell great and perform on jacks for alot of gardeners.

Rabbi

i just realized why you asked that. i did say somemthing about switching to bloom nutes. in the case of jacks that wouldnt apply unless you use boosters with it which some people do.

lol, yeah that was exactly why I asked, but thx for the clarification though.

Last edited:

Rabbi

you can make your own pk booster out of monopotassium phosphate and monoammonium phosphate from the feed store if they do agronomy and fertilizers. its like 20 bucks a feed sack to buy boosters at htose stores. cannabis grow store boosters are so silly and exspensive.
M.O.A.B. is
90%moopotassium phosphhate
and
10% monoammonium phosphate
if you like that stuff it costs 50 cetns a pound at the feed store but you gotta buy big 25 or 50 pound sacks
but thats no problem when you consider thats about the price of a lil tiny tub of that other shit.
but if you are doing jacks like a kiss method than disregard. plenty of jacks people eschew the boosting technique.
those that dont eithr blend it in with salts like i mentioned or they use one of jacks brand boosters.
you might try calling them they are really nice just be respectful about not bringing up the specific flower you are growing but rather just refer to your ratios as a reference. tell em you live in colorado and just leave it at that. they wont pry if they get suspicious.. i think they are aware of the nute industry and how much more intelligent and cheaper of a choice they are. they are just tied by policy ad federal law. they are not a cannabis nutrient company at all whatsoever and i get the impression they are trying to figure out how to handle all the attention they are getting.
they are a no brainer for a commercial grow looking for highst quality with low overhead. these flowers look great. smell great and perform on jacks for alot of gardeners.

Since this is my first time using the Jacks I'm not going to mess with boosters and etc. Trying to keep it simple for now since I don't have have any results yet to compare to. Maybe later on if I feel the need or curiosity but just trying to tackle the basics for now.

xxxstr8edgexxx

Veteran
me neither. i am recently recovering from too many additives. lol
im just a straight 321 plus silica grow at that spot. i do gh maxigrow and bloom at another spot. its another that i like but its not nearly as cheap or easy but i like the easy measure versatility of them together. its a spot i only drop in on once every other day.

xxxstr8edgexxx

Veteran
give it some ph up or silica. or both. i forget is this a recirculating? or a dtw? if your rez ph is dropping in recirculating you may be concentrating nutes. if its in a static rez for a dtw thenim not sure but raise the ph with whatevver ph correction method you like.

Rabbi

give it some ph up or silica. or both. i forget is this a recirculating? or a dtw? if your rez ph is dropping in recirculating you may be concentrating nutes. if its in a static rez for a dtw thenim not sure but raise the ph with whatevver ph correction method you like.
it's recirculating.

I heard you weren't suppose to add ph up(or down) with the jacks, is that just false info?

xxxstr8edgexxx

Veteran
did you hear you shouldnt have to or you heard it was incompatible?
i use it. i ph up and down sometimes. usually down because i add silica.
if youre having a ph crash in a recirculationg rez be aware it could be nutes building up. check your ec (or ppm) and make sure its not fluctuating upward. if it is your nute concoction is too high and the plants are leaving some salts out of the water they take up and the rez is concentrating. so what ever your original strength was maybe was a little high water it back down and then some.

Rabbi

did you hear you shouldnt have to or you heard it was incompatible?
i use it. i ph up and down sometimes. usually down because i add silica.
if youre having a ph crash in a recirculationg rez be aware it could be nutes building up. check your ec (or ppm) and make sure its not fluctuating upward. if it is your nute concoction is too high and the plants are leaving some salts out of the water they take up and the rez is concentrating. so what ever your original strength was maybe was a little high water it back down and then some.

Think I read earlier in this thread it was incompatible. I'll have to read the thread over again to make sure though.

I just recently rose my ppm's because I was apparently under feeding. My ppm's seem to be staying stable but my ph dropped. I just ordered some the ph up from jr peters so hopefully that helps me out.

My r/o water comes out on the low side of ph so not sure if adding some would help.

xxxstr8edgexxx

Veteran
it would if its too high. lol. you want ph in the zone for optimum results. ph can swing people adjust it and thats regular practice, dont just let it be too high itll develope issues. add some citric acid in the mean time.

Rabbi

maybe i rose my ppm's too much. I'll drop it back down a little and see what happens. Obviously I'm still in the dialling in stage lol.