What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

A question for the growers using Jacks 5-12-26

xxxstr8edgexxx

Veteran
i havent heard of people not ph ing for any reason of incompatibility. however it does add ec to adjust, just a little bit but it adds up if you are always swinging by not letting the the ph stableize before making additional adjustments. ph adjust wait wait 15 mins. then adjust again. if you go back and forth youll tweak your ratios too much. a lil back and forth is ok but get good at it.

xxxstr8edgexxx

Veteran
sounds good, nice work. youre getting close then. see if just lowering the final ec the tiniest amount then helps. like half an ec. depending on what week you were in you mayleave it alone. if you were still stretching id say it would balance out on its own from that because its demand would be expected start to spike soon.

xxxstr8edgexxx

Veteran
youre in there at this point though if you did nothing but check the ph once daily and adjust and top off to the desired ec thus getting a fresh start at the optimum ratio youd be ready to focus on the nutrients less and start working on the variables that really actually affect yield the most.

Rabbi

sounds good, nice work. youre getting close then. see if just lowering the final ec the tiniest amount then helps. like half an ec. depending on what week you were in you mayleave it alone. if you were still stretching id say it would balance out on its own from that because its demand would be expected start to spike soon.

I run a perpetual garden so I'm in all stages. I'll get there though. Knew from the day I started with this I'd have to go through a dial in stage so really just going through the motions.

xxxstr8edgexxx

Veteran
the food should be fairly simple and straight forward especially till youve mastered all the other parameters in the environment. temp and rh are huge. day night temps should be narrowed in on. ac and co2 are a really great addition too. waaay easier to control rh in a sealed room. with rh control and co2 at optimum temps youll really see some big changes in your grow. then you can go back to feed tweaks if you care.

xxxstr8edgexxx

Veteran
I run a perpetual garden so I'm in all stages. I'll get there though. Knew from the day I started with this I'd have to go through a dial in stage so really just going through the motions.

youll probably be better at this than most by the time you get there.
youre on the right track. just stick it out til you get the evironment perfect. youll be impressed. it will start to seem easy.

xxxstr8edgexxx

Veteran
in my experience of switching to hydro, feed has become the easiest part of this to get to a really decent base line functional and productive routine.
the rh temp and airflow parts can get to be the hardest for me.
theres a fine line between adding humidity and adding mold. airflow is key.

Rabbi

youre in there at this point though if you did nothing but check the ph once daily and adjust and top off to the desired ec thus getting a fresh start at the optimum ratio youd be ready to focus on the nutrients less and start working on the variables that really actually affect yield the most.

My rooms are completely dialled in so really this is my main focus...Well this and trying to get my aerocloner in check. Everything else is right where i want things to be.

Rabbi

read snypes aerocloner guides.

I did, tried it, didn't work. Tried a bunch of other things as well and none worked. It's obviously on my end somewhere I just haven't managed to figure it out yet. They use to work great and one day just stopped. Making some adjustments and taking new clones tonight actually.

xxxstr8edgexxx

Veteran
those aerocloners arent worth the maintenance imo. i love rockwool for cloning. i use his recipe and i add dip n grow to the method. i also use clear office totes because they fit better than the domes.

LSWM

Growstones and DTW Jack's + RO @ 1.0-1.2 EC once per day has me 99% success rate with clones within 21 days. A little slow but hard to argue with those results.

I've tried rapid rooters, coco, rockwool... Nothing compared to my success rate with growstones. I'd imagine perlite would give similar results.

Rabbi

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=54902&pictureid=1341839&thumb=1]View Image[/url] [URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=54902&pictureid=1341834&thumb=1]View Image[/url] [URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=54899&pictureid=1344078&thumb=1]View Image[/url] those aerocloners arent worth the maintenance imo. i love rockwool for cloning. i use his recipe and i add dip n grow to the method. i also use clear office totes because they fit better than the domes.

Starting to come to that conclusion myself. If I don't get this hammered out with in next couple weeks, I too am going back to rockwool.