What's new

A new start

Palindrome

King of Schwag

pH 5.80
Ec 1.2

pH is dropping, will top with tap water tomorrow.
Take the Ec down a little, and bumping up the pH again.

Palindrome

King of Schwag
Day 27

THHxC99XC99

Roots .....

Wanted to try and see if a few guppies, to see if they would eat the springtails on the surface of my res.

Wasn't sure how they would react to living in nutrient water, but so far they are doing fine.

Topped the res with tap water, as the pH had dropped quite a bit after I raised the Ec back up to 1.5 yesterday.

pH 5.95
ec 1.4

Palindrome

King of Schwag
So far they have not proven, very effective at eating springtails.

Im thinking about trying something else then guppys :)

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
For good luck and a merry Christmas.
picture.php

Palindrome

King of Schwag
Try something from either the South American or African Cichlid families.

Have thourt about it, but I am afraid they won't be hardy enough for the level of chemical "polution" in my reservior.
The majority of the fish I have kept over the years, have been african chiclids from the Tanganyika lake.

I was thinking more in the line of a small breed goldfish, maybe these Celestial Goldfish will be great at spotting the springtails on the surface.

celestial-goldfish.jpg

Okay maybe something less mutated, but goldfish are hardy and hungry pretty much all the time. They should do fine in the nutrient rich water, they would be forced to live in.

Palindrome

King of Schwag
Day 30

THHxC99XC99

BLB1

Bumped up the feed again, they are showing def's and I've changed the feed mix up a little bit.

pH 5.93
Ec 1.6

If this don't help, I will try and lower the pH

blackone

Veteran
The main flower room is looking really nice - good stretch on those ladies. Are the springtails creating any problems since you want to see them dead?

brickweeder

View Image

Okay maybe something less mutated, but goldfish are hardy and hungry pretty much all the time. They should do fine in the nutrient rich water, they would be forced to live in.

I'm not sure if that fish is supposed to be like that, but back when I worked for fish and wildlife, we had an outdoor tub with lots of fish that had "popeye" which was when their eyeball popped out of their socket (similar to the one in your pic). That happens when there is a high level of N in the water...N bubbles build up behind their eyeballs like the bends and they pop out.

Palindrome

King of Schwag
The main flower room is looking really nice - good stretch on those ladies. Are the springtails creating any problems since you want to see them dead?

Thanks and congrats on your BG harvest!

Not a big problem with springtails for established plants, but for clones they can be a problem. So I don't care to spray for them, but if I can find a natural way to keep them in check.

Palindrome

King of Schwag
I'm not sure if that fish is supposed to be like that, but back when I worked for fish and wildlife, we had an outdoor tub with lots of fish that had "popeye" which was when their eyeball popped out of their socket (similar to the one in your pic). That happens when there is a high level of N in the water...N bubbles build up behind their eyeballs like the bends and they pop out.

They are, it's an inbread goldfish. Like thouse "dogs" that look like they have been hit, real hard with a solid hardwood door.