What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

A new start

Palindrome

King of Schwag
Ty Dr. Young

Flower day 6 (yesterday)

pH 5.75
Ec 1.3

Flower day 7

Pistils are starting to show on the BLB clone

pH 5.68
Ec 1.3

I have changed the feeding schedual, as the temps are dropping at night due to the season change. Still a few things to improve on the grow room, but the new heater helps. Back to the feeding change, I have set the feeding to 15 min every hour when lights on and every 2nd hour during lights out.
I have a heater in the res, that keep my nutrient mix at 20C degrees. This should help and keep the root zone, from dropping too much by watering more frequently.

Palindrome

King of Schwag
Flower day 8

Topped the res a bit again, the pH keep dropping. But I estimate the plants should be big enough, to handle the 1.3 - 1.4 Ec but they are not feeding correct.

Been running them on Lucas formular + mg, so I desided to add a bit of grow formular to the mix. Trying to see if I can correct the off uptake, and I bumped up the nutrients.

They look hungry to me!

pH 5.9
Ec 1.5

Palindrome

King of Schwag
they look well dialed in, look forward to see them flowering.

Thank you gaius and me too, always interresting to flower out something new for the first time.
Never had the chance to grow any of Nevils genes, if so it's been in some hybrid multi cross.

But all in all, looking forward to see how all of them turn out.
The Tom Hill haze x C99 X C99 by Wallyduck, im sure also could turn out interresting.
Just only one turned out to be female, so not alot of selection gonna happen there. Got more of these old seeds!

A few of the unsexed BLB have started to show some balls, they will be sorted out.
Then I'll make some more clones, put the 6666 clones under 6666 veg light.
While I root a new batch of BLB clones under 18/6, that will go into the top cabinet under my new 2nd Gen light.

A bit over driven, but I read then MW drivers can handle it.
Im waiting for dimmers, and I will install a turn nob to dial the lights down to 250 Watts

Palindrome

King of Schwag
Flower day 9

Ec had risen up to 1.6, pH had droped to 5.6 and I see some undercurled leaf tips. Maybe a little early on bumping the feeding up, the BLB's looks like they like it.

Over all, they got a better color today. Topped the res with pure tap water, to lower the Ec and raise the pH.

pH 5.9
Ec 1.5

Palindrome

King of Schwag
Flower day 10

pH had dropped a little, but not by much.

Folia fed with BioBizz Fishmix tonight, an hour before lights off.
1½ ml to 1 L pH adjusted water

BLB

pH 5.86
Ec 1.5

Palindrome

King of Schwag
The 6666 clones have rooted, had two that didn't root and a whole bunch that turned out to be male.

21 days have been a long wait, might been faster with more light.
Either way, it was a test and it was possible, but too slow!
The power saving on only running the lights 12 hour, don't add up in the end taking more then twice as long. Nothing saved!

Transplanted the 6666 clones into 1L pots, and moved them up under the new 4K Dual row light.

Palindrome

King of Schwag
Cut a new batch of BLB clones and some THH x C99 X C99, that will be rooted under 18/6 light. Might bump it up to 24h light, and see if that will cut a few days off compared to 18/6.

Tacocat lives again

Once rooted, they will join the 6666 clones and they will all be put in 12/12.
I expect they will grow very slow under 6666, and mainly build up roots. While the 2nd batch of clones root, the first batch hopefully will stay short.

Dr.Young

K+ vibes
Veteran
I thought about the 6\6\6\6 photoperiod before, and Ive talked to someone that ran the 6\6\6\6 method before {for several years}, and said it produced smaller flowers. A slightly faster harvest, and easier to manage heat, but doesn't increase the amount of photons absorbed so no yield/quality improvement.

Palindrome

King of Schwag
I thought about the 6\6\6\6 photoperiod before, and Ive talked to someone that ran the 6\6\6\6 method before {for several years}, and said it produced smaller flowers. A slightly faster harvest, and easier to manage heat, but doesn't increase the amount of photons absorbed so no yield/quality improvement.

Only problem about all that, is that 6666 is a veg cycle.

Palindrome

King of Schwag
What are your water/feed cycles/timing?

Feed pump is on for 15 min, every 2nd hour during lights on.

They get two feedings during the night, mainly to maintain the root temp. As they won't really feed at night, but it's winter and the air I pull into the room is cold. My nutrient tank is heated, so watering helps keep the rootzone temp even during light out.

Last grow, I ran the feed pumps 24/7 to cool the rootzone. In hydroton I find it's very hard to over water ;)

Palindrome

King of Schwag
New type of Strip I found, had to get some to see how they preform.

It's a 50cm long 28 watt COB strip

Aprox 3500K

21.5 Watt at 900 mA, and no heat to speak of. (10.25 watt per strip)

I think I will order some more, and build a test light from these as well.

My new 2019 grow calender arrived

Palindrome

King of Schwag
Day 14

Ec have dropped by 0.1 Ec, so thats a good sign. The pH is still dropping a little, so they are still not feeding 100% correct.
Again with 4 different strains, one of them from 4 different seedlings, there are many different requirements from just one res.

pH 5.65
Ec 1.4