What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

A Guide to Fishsticks

imiubu

There are several planters out on the porch that were left over the mild winter.
Pots hadn't been watered since Fall and were bone dry. Just some left over
bulb plants that I was just too lazy to dig up at end of season.

I had been butting out my cig's in one of them.
I did put a few rocks in there to insure the hot was out but...
a few nights ago, in my stupidity, I just shoved the hot butt down into the soil.

Thankfully... I had decided to have a smoke prior to readying for sleep.
I shoved the butt into the soil and thought... WTF?
It didn't go out as there were glowing red embers under the surface... huh?
So.... I smashed it in again before I realized the bone dry peat was smoldering
and a hot blazing red under the surface.

Had I gone to sleep, there very well may have been a freaking fire.
1/2 Gal water later and the embers were squelched. Whew.
Didn't end the anxiety and I found myself getting up every hour
to make sure there were no hot spots.

Cigarette smoking is dangerous to our health indeed. :oops:

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
20240411_100719.jpg
20240411_100727.jpg

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:tumbleweed:mornin campers...and rabid carnivores🐺
no bike parts today,stupid usps had all day yesterday to get them the last 200 miles,so they overshot by 60 miles and now i have to wait another day even though the parts literally passed right through town...so another day of trimming and chores...going to get ice in a few so i can run a batch of bubble while i trim...maybe even some pot washing just for fun!

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
:tumbleweed:mornin campers...and rabid carnivores🐺
no bike parts today,stupid usps had all day yesterday to get them the last 200 miles,so they overshot by 60 miles and now i have to wait another day even though the parts literally passed right through town...so another day of trimming and chores...going to get ice in a few so i can run a batch of bubble while i trim...maybe even some pot washing just for fun!
The post office took a package I sent 150 miles then brought it back to my town to deliver it. Like a 325 mile trip for a 15 mile delivery.

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:coffee: almost time to make an ice run...i cheated a bit on my quest to empty the freezer of trim and tossed some stuff...no more single strain batches until i get to the next batch of plants then i should have enough cherry cookies trim...today will be gmo along with other chem crosses...need to get some water in the fridge so everything is as cold as possible...thinking of doing some trim tray dry sift as well just to get rid of more trim...

just got rid of a couple of big trash bags of fan leaves and stems...next weeks trash day will be back to a 100 lbs of rootballs...

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:tumbleweed: time to head out...got the stack of 20oz cups,#1 and #2 pots washed,so just like 28 #5's to deal with tomorrow along with a 4x4 tray...gonna need to haul medium again this weekend...so the trifecta of loathing,trimming,pot washing,and medium hauling all in the same week!
glad i got out on monday for a nice ride...

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:yoinks: yikes! the drugged out zombie people were out today...ok,just one,but that's more than enough

time to trim...so i better get so high i have no idea where i am and get covered in rotting flesh sores...what a world...

Ganoderma

Hydronaut
Mentor
Veteran
Unc, have you ever seen some one riding a bike and texting at the same time? just witnessed some guy on a bike and it looked like he was texting while riding. He wasn't peddling but he wasn't going in a straight line either, but was moving. Seams like an accident waiting to happen if you'd ask me.

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Unc, have you ever seen some one riding a bike and texting at the same time? just witnessed some guy on a bike and it looked like he was texting while riding. He wasn't peddling but he wasn't going in a straight line either, but was moving. Seams like an accident waiting to happen if you'd ask me.
nope...riding and filming at the same time,but not texting as far as i know

Loriented

So, I am afraid to say it, but I make bacon, so I can then fry the sausage in the bacon grease, then use the sausage to make Sausage Gravy. Then fresh biscuits, eggs, and of course, the bacon. It's good for Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner/Supper, or anytime IMO... and with a cold Coke

Last edited:

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
I am not sure what meat I will eat for dinner. Might make it brats. The most processed food I eat. Other than the bag of chips I eat about every six months. The last bag of chips I ate was the bugles I crushed up over some hamburger.