What's new

A Guide to Fishsticks

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Kinda strange how we all talk about eating meat in a guys thread that don't even eat meat lol how did that come about anyway ?
i eat poultry...and would eat fish if i didn't live in the desert...

i'm an environmentalist not a vegetarian...i believe human aided climate change is a real thing and actually do something about it in my life choices...

Akss

i'm an environmentalist not a vegetarian...i believe human aided climate change is a real thing and actually do something about it in my life choices...
Yep it's nice living near the coast. And working there nice little restaurant for lunch my only complaint about the seafood chowder which had a bunch of different seafood in it even scallops was the bowl was to damn small could a ate 3 of em easy...

bigtacofarmer

Veteran

This is awesome. I should do more of the living the way I believe I should.

Few years ago or so I was on a way better track. Helping on the farm working with bees. Shit got weird. Some of it financial some of it self inflicted stupidity. Trying to be the change you seek can be a chore but is also rewarding. I'm glad I past on some of it to my children.

Thinking about giving up the car with the exception of shitty Michigan weather when I need to drive the kids places. 3 out of 4 will ride bikes whenever possible already. Now with the cargo bike I have one less excuse.

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yep it's nice living near the coast. And working there nice little restaurant for lunch my only complaint about the seafood chowder which had a bunch of different seafood in it even scallops was the bowl was to damn small could a ate 3 of em easy...
yup,hard to get excited about seafood when the local stores here have salmon alaskans would feed to dogs

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
This is awesome. I should do more of the living the way I believe I should.

Few years ago or so I was on a way better track. Helping on the farm working with bees. Shit got weird. Some of it financial some of it self inflicted stupidity. Trying to be the change you seek can be a chore but is also rewarding. I'm glad I past on some of it to my children.

Thinking about giving up the car with the exception of shitty Michigan weather when I need to drive the kids places. 3 out of 4 will ride bikes whenever possible already. Now with the cargo bike I have one less excuse.
growing wheeds isn't really what you would call earth friendly so i do my best to lower my footprint in whatever way i can...i've been fortunate enough to live in and visit many natural wonder spots so it would be nice to think others will still have that opportunity in the future...as long as kids stay out of my yard that is!

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
I try to get my meat local. Less trucking and storage. My beef doesnt come in boxes. Just a plastic bag. So much less wasted material. My eggs come in reuse cartoons. Chicken is the same as the beef.

Just dont have a good local place to get bacon.

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
I suppose if I am going to eat tonight I better get something going. I haven't eaten since breakfast and not really hungry. But if I don't eat something I will wake up starving.

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
growing wheeds isn't really what you would call earth friendly so i do my best to lower my footprint in whatever way i can.
Very true. I personally re amend used soil. I grow organic and try to buy from either local sources or from other conscientious suppliers. I think per gram produced I have some of the lowest grow store bills possible. Partially to be a good hippy. Mostly because I used to work for the better local grow store and I have no interest in helping that particular narcissist.. And when I do my best friend still runs his store and I only pay 5% above his cost.

Treetroit City

Moderately Super
Veteran
Been reading about the border patrol in New Mexico seizing legal cannabis being transported north out of southern New Mexico.
Some things never change.