What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

A Guide to Fishsticks

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:tumbleweed:this is the time of year that makes me glad i live here...seeing a huge swath of the country deep in winter weather makes the summer months worth suffering through...and in some ways summer makes up for winter when everything is dead and brown...almost no green to be seen...

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
If the state doesn't rip you off in electrical cost like Cali does im fine with Winter. Here I cant keep the house at 70f in winter using PGE. Its such a scam and 100% a monopoly we are forced to use or die from the temps being to cold/hot.

OrgAeroMan

Veteran
Same here, -5F tonight, and we're not going to see double digits again until Sunday. The snow is about 2-3 feet so far, but pretty loose powder on the top foot or so.

I just snow shoed down my trail for the pup again, but he quickly got cold, and I carried him the last mile or so in my hoodie. At least now it won't be over his back, lol! He lost his sweater like 10 feet into the trail, the poor guy, caked with snow by the time I could catch up to him:( He was toasty for the remaining 3/4 of the hike, as I sweated my ass off lugging him:) What are friends for, right?

I'll probably snowblow the driveway tomorrow, since there are 4-6" on that again already... I packed it all down with the 4-wheeler, last time it hit 4", so I have a nice flat hard-pack layer to cut to. That and some wood stove ashes, and you've got a road that even the baldest tired rice burner can climb;)

star crash

We Will Get By ... We Will Survive
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Puppy prints and wall illusions found in 1,500-year-old house in Turkey

Puppy prints and wall illusions found in 1,500-year-old house in Turkey

picture.php
https://www.livescience.com/ancient-house-turkey-puppy-prints.html
Archaeologists have discovered a fantastical-looking, 1,500-year-old house in Turkey that was decorated with illusory wall paintings and terracotta tiles on the floor with puppy prints and possible chicken decorations pressed into them.

The house may have been used by people involved with the military, the researchers noted.

"The tiles preserved the paw prints of puppies and in one rare case the hoof print of a goat," Frances Gallart Marqués, a former curatorial fellow at the Harvard Art Museums, said Jan. 6 during a presentation at the virtual joint annual meeting of the Archaeological Institute of America (AIA) and the Society for Classical Studies (SCS) The animals likely walked on the tiles while they were drying out prior to firing, the researchers said. Drawings depicting what may be chickens or ducks were also found on the floor tiles; "these were finger-drawn before the tiles were fired," Gallart Marqués said..

star crash

We Will Get By ... We Will Survive
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I’m having an easy morning because everything is all set and in place for today’s chores ...got my watering done mostly... now I got to get transplants of a GG4 , the Mendo breath , @nd RuntZ into 4 gallon containers of coco :tumbleweed:

Smokin Joe

Humpin to please
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Trying to get out early today but the backhoe blew a hose. Got to get the deck post in for inspection.

Fuckin back hoe's. That's why they will never be front hoe's. Blowing a hose is foreplay. Ya gotta get the bucket working to get paid the big bucks. Track hoe's get down and dirty

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:tumbleweed:afternoon campers...

sorta crappy out today...back to the grind after a quick errand...should be able to start trimming tomorrow,figure that will take about three days with one of the days being a garden work day...these days just regular feeding/watering takes about 3 hours not including any side chores...of which there are usually at least one...still need to clean the last stack of dirty pots...and clean the workshop...