What's new

A Guide to Fishsticks

Ph-patrol

Veteran
I have lots of Lobster Childhood Memories star:)

I remember being on a lobster boat on a Sunday and seeing this 7 year old kid stick his finger inside a scallop that came up in a trap. The captain just explained the dangers of the Lobsters and the scallops. Man Doooogie jammed his finger in that scallop instantly. There was blood and alot of screamimg.

The old man cut off the scallop. NO Doooogie did not learn his lesson Yes Doooogie was f-ing with the lobsters and scallops ten min later.
The following week end his younger brother slipped a truck in to neutral and rolled in to the cottage we were living in in PEI. knocked the cottage off the foundation.

Good times.

Fisherman/Lobster man are doing direct sales because of Covid.

unregistered190

Senior
Veteran
I have got some planting to do this morning....want to be a good daddy to these. I have watched videos and going to border part of my fence with them.

picture.php

Someone went out of there way to get these to me free....I am truly thankful for some of the people I have met thru social media.

Bud Green

I dig dirt
Veteran

I think star's been hitting the K and playing with his old Spirogragh..

I was thinking about the antimicrobial properties of copper, and was wondering if putting a copper mesh or matrix in your pump filter would cure the dreaded algae/slime threat in aero- cloners... Or pack the mister manifold.... They sell copper pan scrubbers cheap at the store, so I will likely experiment :) Hospitals use Cu in their railings and doorknobs for just such a purpose.

Try dropping an old (pre 1965) silver quarter or half dollar in there and see if it helps..or go to the pawnshop and buy a one oz. silver bar..
Ask for the most scratched up one he has..It'll be the cheapest. Maybe get it for spot price...about $17.50

Lopsta!

picture.php

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Unc, i found a fat tire bike for you that won't sink in that gully sand that you're always bitchin' about..

picture.php

Happy Father's Day, all you old coots!

Akss

I guess i should have explained that a little better. The fisherman/lobsterman are doing "direct sales" peddling the product around town because the buyers who buy there whole load in one shot cant pay them what the need to get with the buyers sales being mostly restaurants and resturants being closed or only partially open which is directly related to covid...

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
Happy Father's day to you papas out there!

It has been in the upper 80's and no rain for well over two weeks. Losing crops wicked fast. Nothing I can do. No rain in sight either. It is either drought or monsoons last five years. No in between season. Bullshit.

Considering cutting my loses at this point. Never had to abandon a season before. I can only water so much, at least the family garden is doing well. Forecast says no rain for 10 days at least. That will do me in.

Have a great day everyone!

Dr. Purpur

Custom Haze crosses
Veteran

It has been in the upper 80's and no rain for well over two weeks. Losing crops wicked fast. Nothing I can do. No rain in sight either. It is either drought or monsoons last five years. No in between season. Bullshit.

Considering cutting my loses at this point. Never had to abandon a season before. I can only water so much, at least the family garden is doing well. Forecast says no rain for 10 days at least. That will do me in.

What are you growing?

Treetroit City

Moderately Super
Veteran
One of our members, I think bobby2000 or something like that comes from a line of lobstamen. Didn’t know that until I started following him on Instagram. Sakonet lobster co I believe, haven’t inquired about direct shipment yet...yet.

Ph-patrol

Veteran
One of our members, I think bobby2000 or something like that comes from a line of lobstamen. Didn’t know that until I started following him on Instagram. Sakonet lobster co I believe, haven’t inquired about direct shipment yet...yet.

Yes out of RI. Great Business and a cool cat.

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran

damn...that's got to suck...it's not like you can go back in time and drill a well and install irrigation...

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
I grow produce. The crops suffering are sweet corn, field tomatoes, melons.

Right? Anyone have a time machine? I can't afford to irrigate the big fields yet, nor have the space for a pond. I have two wells but they do not have a whole lot of water. They cover my acre of seed plants and family garden.

The big farmers around me are really freaking out. Wet spring and then boom zero precip, right after they planted their corn. I watched a neighbor till under a whole field of sweet corn that was dying. The loss of seed cost, fert, fuel, time it took to work, made me sick. Sweet corn seed is very expensive.

I really felt for him riding around ploughing that field under. Tens of thousands lost. I don't have the balls for big boy farming. Up and down hundreds of thou constantly.

redlaser

Veteran
I was thinking about the antimicrobial properties of copper, and was wondering if putting a copper mesh or matrix in your pump filter would cure the dreaded algae/slime threat in aero- cloners... Or pack the mister manifold.... They sell copper pan scrubbers cheap at the store, so I will likely experiment :) Hospitals use Cu in their railings and doorknobs for just such a purpose.

Elemental copper is used to keep algae from growing in irrigation canals around here, likely stronger than what you are attempting. A little copper might work, wouldnt use my best stuff on a trial

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:tumbleweed:mornin campers...

i see i'm past 600,000 rep points today,only 40,000 to go to have the highest number...although i would never have passed stoner4life who no doubt would be getting close to 1,000,000 by now...

garden work again today...should be easy since there's just watering to do...got another hot spell coming,another few days of 100+...c'mon monsoon!

should be trimming the amnesia haze soon...and the 4x8 tent gets harvested in another week-ish...hoping that does well enough so i can get the 4 sp250's and a tent setup...not too much longer before i need to start ramping up veg to get ready for free cooling season...

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I grow produce. The crops suffering are sweet corn, field tomatoes, melons.

Right? Anyone have a time machine? I can't afford to irrigate the big fields yet, nor have the space for a pond. I have two wells but they do not have a whole lot of water. They cover my acre of seed plants and family garden.

The big farmers around me are really freaking out. Wet spring and then boom zero precip, right after they planted their corn. I watched a neighbor till under a whole field of sweet corn that was dying. The loss of seed cost, fert, fuel, time it took to work, made me sick. Sweet corn seed is very expensive.

I really felt for him riding around ploughing that field under. Tens of thousands lost. I don't have the balls for big boy farming. Up and down hundreds of thou constantly.

farming is basically gambling based on plants...and the house usually wins...and farmers ain't the house...why do oil companies get subsidies when farmers struggle to feed us?

oops,that was politics....fuck monsanto!

Dr. Purpur

Custom Haze crosses
Veteran
We do a different style of farming here, because it is so arid. They build levies, and pumped out water to form islands lower then the river level. They use big syphon pipes to draw from the rivers and flood the islands as needed.

Problem is, farmers started taking too much water out and the river started flowing backwards from the sea. You dont want that.

In my home gardens (.26 acre) I spread a layer about 4" thick of straw around my vegetables and weed plants. It holds moisture in like crazy

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
All the current A5 projects are finished. If any of these test good I will release those. I do have a few Bnadaid#7 x A5 in veg. I need to fine exceptional plants to use them. Moving on to some FS#45 x Bio Diesel and Sour Dubble s3 projects.