What's new

A Guide to Fishsticks

OrgAeroMan

Veteran
I got the plants sprayed down with Organocide, and the lights up. I learned a knot called the rolling hitch that keeps them adjustable (thanks again YouTube) as well as a handful of other helpful knots. I have the lights about 22" above the canopy and dimmed all the way down as I don't want to burn the freshly sprayed plants. The temps went down about 10 degrees already and the coverage looks bangin'.

Thanks for taking the big plunge, Uncle and Ichabod. Without watching your grows I probably never would've even heard about L.E.Ds that can compete with HIDs, let alone using less power and creating less heat. Super happy I pulled the trigger.

Attachments

• IMG_20190726_212852.jpg
    IMG_20190726_212852.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_20190726_212834.jpg
    IMG_20190726_212834.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_20190726_212749.jpg
    IMG_20190726_212749.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 10

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I got the plants sprayed down with Organocide, and the lights up. I learned a knot called the rolling hitch that keeps them adjustable (thanks again YouTube) as well as a handful of other helpful knots. I have the lights about 22" above the canopy and dimmed all the way down as I don't want to burn the freshly sprayed plants. The temps went down about 10 degrees already and the coverage looks bangin'.

Thanks for taking the big plunge, Uncle and Ichabod. Without watching your grows I probably never would've even heard about L.E.Ds that can compete with HIDs, let alone using less power and creating less heat. Super happy I pulled the trigger.

You have some pest issues ?.. You can treat everything in the tent but the plants wit ha good perimeter around the tent. This is what the majority of my IPM consists of. I never have to put anything on my plants. You can use nasty pesticides that you would never use on your plants in this way..It will keep anything that crawls out of the garden.. The only thing you need to worry about is flyers.

OrgAeroMan

Veteran
No, nothing yet (knock on wood) , just a few small pm issues. Mostly preventative, and this stuff is pretty benign. Smells like fish, which is pretty nasty, but it's organic and safe to consume. It says harvest same day, but I bet that would taste disgusting, lol! That's a good tip though, Hammer, thanks.

Attachments

• 15642002580491308377972.jpg
    15642002580491308377972.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 9

Dr. Purpur

Custom Haze crosses
Veteran
Went to take a nap yesterday at 6pm and woke up at 10pm by mistake. So I said screw it and went back to bed. 12 hours sleep was what my body needed.

Ive gotta get out and do some garden work early, because its gonna be 105 today. Oh goodie!

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
When in battle I get my population down to a just small veg plants and clean everything extremely well. 90% of the time I have been able to eradicate mites with neem (every 3 days religiously) and thrips with a soil drench of spinosad. Only once I had to borrow some avid off a friend because my cherry pie brought home the strongest mites I ever had. My ipm is stay clean and search for new strains in seed form. Not many clone only strains have my interest after having to clean up after what others did not a few times.

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:tumbleweed:mornin campers...

crazy ending to the tour de france this year...went from baking hot for most of the race to a huge hail and ice storm stopping the stage yesterday when the final section was covered in hail and a mudslide,they had to cut todays stage in half before the start because of blocked roads...and just like that the guy who has been in the yellow jersey for the bulk of the race is off the podium...
last stage tomorrow but traditionally the race leader doesn't get attacked on the final stage...but who knows,maybe they will actually race tomorrow...

time to start trimming...good times...

Dr. Purpur

Custom Haze crosses
Veteran
My buddy from the big grow out by Hammers just came by. He brought me a giant neon 3 color Hydro Farm light. Its got a baby blue water tap in the center. Its spelled out "Hydrofarm, on tap since 1977". Its brand new. Im going to hang it in my lab or shop, and Ill take a picture for you guys later. Its really cool!

Ive got to get some gardening done fast. Its already over 80 degrees out.

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:toohot: proper hot for my daily ride to the store...(in comic book guy voice) worst shopper ever!

been backpack shopping,can't carry much...kinda dumb to wear a pack when it's in the 90's,talk about sweaty! i wanted to ride the straggler,not much cargo space on a road bike...

gotta wait until tomorrow to finish trimming the cherry cookies,still a bit moist...

expect that hydrofarm sign to break at some point or just stop working,i remember them as poorly made

Ganoderma

Hydronaut
Mentor
Veteran
wow thats enough pollen to make me nerves that everything i had in flower would have seeds.

They are isolated from the rest of grow, not in the same building. Then there have not been any females flowering while the males where. I just put some females into flower a week ago.

Bud Green

I dig dirt
Veteran
I still have a neon sign just like this..Somewhere in the attic...

It was cool when I was in my 20's when I got it...

Some weird dude I had met met swiped it off the wall of the sandwich shop he worked in....and gave it to me..
He was weird, But the sign was cool then.

It's been off the wall for more than 30 years now..
Guess I should find it and sell it on eBay...

Attachments

• 51ed7c8c25764d3581bf418ca072c428.jpg
    51ed7c8c25764d3581bf418ca072c428.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 3

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:watchplant: first round of garden chores done for the day...got a whack of clones cut...hopefully it works out that i get most or all of the peanut butter breath to root so i have a round of mainly mac1 and pbb once free cooling season kicks in...along with some wedding cake and sunset sherbet...

got the flashpoint up-potted to a 2 gallon...should be able to get it caught up to the other plants for the next 1000w hps tent run which will take me up to free cooling season...

need to do some measuring but i think i'm gonna get a 4x8 tent and set that up in one half of the room with two 1000w hps air cooled and the pvc trellises i already have. should be just enough space to get around the back to work on the plants...

then have a line of gavita,1000w halide,gavita over a 4x10 screen...it will be tight and no doubt a pain to work in,but it will use the space well and cut the juice bill by one lamp...then in the summer i just go to the tent and led room...

Dr. Purpur

Custom Haze crosses
Veteran
expect that hydrofarm sign to break at some point or just stop working,i remember them as poorly made

The sign is beautiful. Absolutely gorgeous! And enormous. I think its almost 4'. Cant go wrong for $100. That's chump change to me.

Its 104 degrees here and climbing

PS :moon:

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
more tent-citement!
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
picture.php

[/FONT]
picture.php
[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT]

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
picture.php

[/FONT]
picture.php

[/FONT]
picture.php

[/FONT]
picture.php
[/FONT]

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:tumbleweed:mornin campers...

about to start trimming again...cherry cookies this time..should only take a couple hours...it should...somehow it always takes more time than i think...:smokeit:

Dr. Purpur

Custom Haze crosses
Veteran
The plants on our land are getting quite big. We just spent $200 on more stakes. Its looking like we are going to have quite a haul this autumn. Im going to pop into church to sit by my dad this morning. I do this a couple times a month. He appreciates it. He will be 93 this year.

Im going to hit the big farmers market after church. I need to stock upon red, and Spanish onions. I may grab some Shady Lady tomatoes too. I want to make some fresh tomato juice this weekend. I am picking large tomatoes from my own garden now, but need several pounds to make fresh juice.

Ive got to lay another 100' of weeping hose through a couple of my gardens. The plants are really sucking up the water in this heat. Its going to be 106 degrees today

Latest posts

Latest posts