What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

A Guide to Fishsticks

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
so some good could come of it,i have been looking for a new meth dealer! thank god for poor folks! if they would only put up a trailer park instead,then we might get some tornadoes!

We had one heroin dealer get the shit kicked out of him by 4 guys trying to rob him. The dealer went to jail and so did the four guys when they caught the 4 by mistake at the 7-11. So dont go to 7-11 covered in blood I guess.

Then the next day someone tried to rob the house while the dealer was in jail only to have the police show up to investigate the dealer while the guy was inside the house looking for heroin.

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
i see a number of other people are starting to question hydro grow's claims and tearing apart the side by side grows they are supposedly crushing...

i'm not just a cranky old man!

I have my LEDs for heat. They really cut down on the heat produced. And as a by product they grow great weed and make it easier to work on the plants I also dont seem to get burned by a gabillion degree bulb.

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
they really are good for that...kinda perfect for tent grows since it makes the ducting much simpler without having to deal with an air cooled hood...and you get all the reflected light...leds have come a long way...

Dr. Purpur

Custom Haze crosses
Veteran
Weve been fortunate. The meth dealer that lived kitty corner across the street left after his aunt died. ( It was the tweekers son who broke in here and stole 2 of my bikes) It was his aunts home. There is a woman, her daughter, and grand kids there now. Real nice people. She brought over 2 big boxes of treats for my dogs. The section 8 around the corner has families too. The one on the corner across from me has a hot daughter in her 20s, that loves my dogs. Everybody around here loves my dogs. They are a cute couple. People come out to see them when we go for a walk.

Its hot outside. Geting ready to make some London broil/bacon/ art heart/ onion kebobs

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
GOLDEN GLOVES

picture.php

OrgAeroMan

Veteran
I have my LEDs for heat. They really cut down on the heat produced. And as a by product they grow great weed and make it easier to work on the plants I also dont seem to get burned by a gabillion degree bulb.

I damn near burn my stomach when reaching into the back of my tent. The piping hot vertical 600w MH gets like 3" from my beltline, and has burned me countless times. Front and back of the arms and a super memorable back of the ear. Not for much longer here, going to be getting a couple HLG 320 XL Rspec for the 4x4. It often goes over 85-90F with the dehumidifier running 24/7, and lighting at night! The plants seem to be doing well, but I'll bet they can do a whole lot better with cooler conditions and less temp differential.

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
tent at 4 and 3 weeks in...
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
picture.php

[/FONT]
picture.php

[/FONT]
picture.php

[/FONT]
picture.php
[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT]

Dr. Purpur

Custom Haze crosses
Veteran
Lookin pretty durn good there Unc. Im watching to see how the LEDs work out for you. Seems like they are up to snuff from what Im seein

Lots of trichomes on the spiral leaves

Vanilla Phoenix

Super Lurker
ICMag Donor
tent at 4 and 3 weeks in...
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]View Image
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]View Image[/FONT]

Last two pics have to be wedding cake and mac1

Dr. Purpur

Custom Haze crosses
Veteran
I must have missed that. Are you seeing much of a difference so far?

Im still using T 5s for mothers and early veg, then CMH, I havnt used a halide or sodium for a few years or so. I still have them here. They are pretty expensive to run in California

My company is switching from T5s to LEDs. I can have as many T5s as I want for free right now. There are well over 100 4 bulb 4 footer fixtures available to any employees. Sign a sheet and take them

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Last two pics have to be wedding cake and mac1
forum or thin mints and mac1,the mac is a week behind

I must have missed that. Are you seeing much of a difference so far?

Im still using T 5s for mothers and early veg, then CMH, I havnt used a halide or sodium for a few years or so. I still have them here. They are pretty expensive to run in California

My company is switching from T5s to LEDs. I can have as many T5s as I want for free right now. There are well over 100 4 bulb 4 footer fixtures available to any employees. Sign a sheet and take them

it's hard to say after the first run,i had the lights too high,and the screen wasn't full at all like this tent run and it turns out the leds's weren't cranked all the way up...so it's a tool like any other tool,leds need to be used correctly...just wait till free cooling season,the plants will sparkle once it's not a bazillion degrees out every day...

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
I damn near burn my stomach when reaching into the back of my tent. The piping hot vertical 600w MH gets like 3" from my beltline, and has burned me countless times. Front and back of the arms and a super memorable back of the ear. Not for much longer here, going to be getting a couple HLG 320 XL Rspec for the 4x4. It often goes over 85-90F with the dehumidifier running 24/7, and lighting at night! The plants seem to be doing well, but I'll bet they can do a whole lot better with cooler conditions and less temp differential.

My LEDs run at about 130 degrees. And if I put a light fan blowing around the room they are about 110 degrees. This is directly on the heat sink at the LEDs behind the driver. It is cooler on the heat sink a little bit from where the LED is. So no burns.

Dr. Purpur

Custom Haze crosses
Veteran
Just took the dogs for a late walk. Its still 80 with 54% humidity. No Delta breeze tonight. Gonna be hot tomorrow with no cool down tonight.

Off to bed.
Nite all!

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
Sup folks?

Raining lightly today. After two days of 95 and Max humidity this is epic. About 70 and light rain all day, just what we needed.

Going to work on my new room for my Blueberry project. Going to need a new carbon filter and fan. Found some cheap ones on Amazon. People say they work just fine.

Also have to order nutes. Almost out of everything. Going to get some Earth Juice to try out and see how it's different as folks claim.

Wifey made the most amazing chicken parm last night. Going to pound a big ol plate of that and take a nap before getting back to room building. Have had about 11 hrs sleep in four days, rain day made my day haha

Unc after 42 miles I can't imagine the feeling. I would be puking 4.2 miles in. Especially on desert terrain, that's insane! Do you get sore or are you pretty well conditioned to it by now? Have you had many puking episodes from riding? I can't imagine riding in 100 degree heat. You are a madman Sir!

Stay toasty fishsticks!!

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:tumbleweed:mornin campers..

lester...i only almost puked this time! but no,it's not something that happens frequently...this time it was because i hadn't eaten much during the day and didn't eat much during the ride so i was pretty close to cracking...the tank was empty...i was wrecked by the time i got home,but a good nights sleep and eating enough and i was fine the next day...

harvested the next part of the led room last night,should be better than the first part...the buds were good,just not a lot of them...but it turns out the leds weren't cranked all the way up...

got a bunch of cleaning to do today i have been slacking on...cold front moving in,should rain at some point today,and not be a 100 frickin degrees out...

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
cooler today for sure...but it's pretty muggy out...like 24% humidity!

heck of a headwind today,but on the way home i was getting a healthy push so that was fun...nothing like zipping along at 25+ mph with almost no effort...

time for lunch and a nappy...