What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

A Guide to Fishsticks

DoubleTripleOG

Chemdog & Kush Lover Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
All jokes aside, I think goats are pretty cool animals. Granted the males can be asshole's and will ram the shit out of you(I've had it happen, lol) . But in general they are fun animals. Usually pretty smart, and can be trained almost like a dog. Plus free lawn mower, lol.

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:tumbleweed:yup,get up around the rez and there is a shitload of goats and sheep....this part of the state was cattle country,and that pretty much ruined what was all high plains grasslands...not really desert here,i think this is still considered high plains since we are at about 4000 feet elevation...

one nice thing about cows,they make great trails,they just plow right through all the prickly brush since they're covered in leather!

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:tumbleweed:mornin campers...

still a bit sunburned from yesterday...really didn't figure on being out until 3pm...probably should have made an effort to leave early since its apparently summer already,solstice be damned...

and it turns out i screwed up on ordering the wheel parts...the front hub is too wide to fit the current fork but will fit the suspension fork i plan to get...doesn't do me much good now as the sus fork is like another grand...so looks like im ordering another front wheel today...gonna get a hope hub since they are a 100 bucks less,same rim,and a slightly bigger tire...still gonna be another 400 bucks...

OvergrowDaWorld

$$ ALONE $$
Veteran
So I was surfin IG last night and Subcool went live. I thought Id check it out. A guy posted that GG4 dont yield. I said "then you havent grown it outside yet." Check out Overgrowdaworlds page on ICMag." - (to check out my outdoor glue pics) and Subcool sees the post, and says something like, "How dare I mention ICMag on his page! Someone toss this fool!" and walks away for a minute and I just left the live stream. :laughing: Dont know what he has against ICMag or the people that post here but Subcool has a stick up his ass about ICMag. LMFAO! Never seen anyone get so pissed over mentioning ICMag. LOL

OvergrowDaWorld

$$ ALONE $$
Veteran
The problem I see here in cali is you gotta hype ur gear big time to get people interested. Many of us old timers don't do that well. Its not in our nature to do that. All buyers here go after the most hyped available good or bad. If you keep on the low down u cant sale ur crop. Even if its some of the best around. I Wont be offering flowers much going into the future. Its all gonna be seeds and whats left from the Seeded plants. No more runs of just flowers.

Gelato and Purple Punch are being hyped super hard right now. Thats all I see on IG now pretty much.

dansbuds

Retired from the workforce Bullshit
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Ok guys ... question .
i've had mushrooms come out of the tops of my pots before when the coco was staying to wet . but i've never had anything that looked like these before ! i keep scraping them off as they pop up , but they seem pretty well rooted into my pots . to the point i see them coming out of the holes in the bottoms of the pots .
any idea what type they are ? & should i be worried they'll fuck up my root systems on my plants ? i can't afford another shitty run !!!! & they're invading 3 outa 12 pots . should i just ditch them or will they be alright ???

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
that's a tough one...the mushrooms are just the fruiting bodies of the mycellium which probably is throughout the medium so it would be hard to kill without harming the roots...

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i googled some articles...nothing specific to pot,but one said just scrape them off along with the top couple inches of medium,won't kill them but will slow them down....another suggested hydrogen peroxide...and of course fungicide...

dansbuds

Retired from the workforce Bullshit
ICMag Donor
Veteran
what type of fungicide did they recomend Unc ? & thanx !!!
i'm just so worried about the plants dying or getting choked out ! only have 12 going in this time instead of 18 as it is ..... to loose 3 more would really hurt !

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i just looked on growers house and nothing specifically mentions mushrooms...i googled "mushrooms growing in potted plants" and the pictures looked just like your shrooms,so its a common problem...they did mention a safer's product,and it is omri listed...

bugman52

Bug Scissor Hand
Veteran
Ok guys ... question .
i've had mushrooms come out of the tops of my pots before when the coco was staying to wet . but i've never had anything that looked like these before ! i keep scraping them off as they pop up , but they seem pretty well rooted into my pots . to the point i see them coming out of the holes in the bottoms of the pots .
any idea what type they are ? & should i be worried they'll fuck up my root systems on my plants ? i can't afford another shitty run !!!! & they're invading 3 outa 12 pots . should i just ditch them or will they be alright ???

View Image
View Image
View Image
ive had shrooms pop up in my pots ,but not those kind & thats alot of shrooms poping up

Vanilla Phoenix

Super Lurker
ICMag Donor
I’ve had those same shrooms pop up on me using Happy Frog soil. They turn to air born powder when you touch em! Freaky! I just kept scraping the top like unc said. Slows them down and eventually they stopped showing up. I honestly never had em quite as bad as your pics though.

Aspenou812

Veteran
I'm in full plucking mode..... lol I have to collect about 2 more 5 gallon buckets full of fan leaves and take a few more Budsights off the plants... no larf in this run...

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
yup,i need to do the same...not quite so much,and mainly in veg...everything needs to be topped and probably tied down a bit....apparently i'm still in 6 lamp mode since i have enough plants to fill 2 lamps more space easy...

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:chin: looks like i'm going to be a homeowner here pretty soon...the ll has offered to owner finance and i only need to come up with 2 grand for a down payment so i'm thinking at the beginning of the year during the prime winter season when i can run 4 lamps i will be able to come up with a bigger down or just pay off a bunch of months mortgage ahead of time...insurance and property tax are fairly low,less than a grand each per year...all very doable..

Ganoderma

Hydronaut
Mentor
Veteran
Ok guys ... question .

View Image
View Image
View Image

I wonder what kind they are? They look kind of yellow.

Are these in reused coco or is this coco from any new batch's of coco?

Those pots pushing out the mushrooms are going to be fully colonized with the mushrooms mycelium, that is why it's pushing out all of those fruit bodies(mushrooms). That means the entire root zone has been colonized by what ever type of mushroom that is. Some mushrooms can be symbiotic with some plants.

scraping off the top inch or two and putting coco back in place will slow down the mushrooms. But those pots are colonized and it will most likely stay that way. I'm not sure about how to go about killing it off. The first thing that comes to my mind is applying a high ph'd water like ph 8, but that may not go well with your plants in the coco.