What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

(>-_-)> Neptune's Moving Castle <(-_-<)

N

Neptune

56 days bloom.... 8 weeks.

56 days bloom.... 8 weeks.

Well, I took down the Chocolate Chunk, aka crap. It'll be 100% hash makings in the bubble bags... oh well. But I guess I am glad I have bags for these unfortunate events... can't believe this garbage.. bah....

c99 will come down tomorrow
9807c9956d1.JPG

With exception of that lone bigass unknown strain in the back right, the c99 is mostly ready. I could go another week for a full finish, but the PM is forcing a harvest. I am going to wash the whole plants in a bucket of tap water, to remove and rinse off PM spores and mold... they will then dry in the sun for a few hours, before coming inside on the clothes line.

Here is a test strain I had on the side of my C99 section, it was just in a 2 gallon bag of FFOF... I watered it with the Res water..

Purple Dragon
9807PD1.JPG

9807PD2.JPG

It was good enough to keep around, and try a few more runs with. Very fast grower.

Last, and best.... she needs no introduction.

9807pog56d1.JPG

9807pog56d2.JPG

9807pog56d3.JPG

This is looking like my best table to date. Pot of Gold will be harvested as soon as I can take down the C99, so I am thinking 58days... which is the fastest run yet with her... but she is very ripe.

OK, we're all done here folks.. i'll be back for the final numbers and summary. stay tuned for the next thread, which is sure to please... some nice things coming up...

Granddaddy Purple
Bubba Dutch Super Silver Haze
Salmon Creek BigBud
Nexus' SSHxC99 (20) from seed

Pot of gold is going to take a small rest, I have run her for over a year now!

~...
From the forest itself comes the handle for the ax
Split this wilderness listen up this ain't where it's at
Clear a path so that you can find your way back
Chop 'em down, chop 'em down; chop 'em down, chop 'em down

stretchpup

GD Nept!!

*bows*

"we're not worthy... we're not worthy...."

That GDP cut sure is getting pimped around here eh?

B

Brain

Very impressive. I'm looking forward to see what you pull. You continue to do come up with the juciest strains. BDSSH is supposed to be killer. Con grats on the harvest. I was singing that Matisyahu tune myself recently. ;)

G

Once again an amazing attention to detail. Awasome grow. I know i'll be in early for the next one. Great camera work too by the way.

Black Ra1n

Cannaculturist ~OGA~
Veteran
Hey Neptune, awesome grow! That c99 looks amazing, it will be another strain on my list. Great job man.

B/R

N

Neptune

28z, pot of gold

28z, pot of gold

hey folks, I'll edit this post with an update later, the POG is marinating in a box and will be weighed and bagged later today(28 zips), but the c99 came in at 12oz, from 9 plants... overall not bad. The buds cleaned up pretty nice with a water wash, and cure. I basically scrubbed the fresh buds to remove as much PM as possible, they look PM-free to the eye, but you an still see some crap under a scope :( The POG was unaffected, only leaves were aflicted.

So, I have taken chili's sage advise and I will be burning sulfer in all my grows from now on. Learn something new every grow don't ya...? So, I got the sulfer and the burner all for 60$... gotta love ebay.

The promix 5 gallon pots that were very deficient for the whole grow yeilded poorly, but something better than nothing: power plant came in at 3oz, from 6 plants. SCBB 2.5oz from 2 plants, SSH 1oz, 1 plant, and POG 1 oz 1 plant(2gallon bag.. wow!). They got pure water from day 28 on, as they were so fucked up I decided to stop feeding period.

So, some take aways and conclusions from this grow.

1) 14-17 days veg time is ideal in this setup, 9 plants under a 600w cubeson slabs
-prune lower 1/3 or higher (1/2) of foliage around day 10 bloom, and continue to remove low budsites as you see them up until day 14. This will force large clusters of flowers into the HPS light.

2) do not treat PM lightly, it can ruin a crop. burn sulfer... $60-100 is cheap insurance against this.

3) overwatering is common in rockwool, treat it like soil. until plants are ~ 10-14 days veg, irrigate twice a week, no more no less.

4) co2 does increase growth rates, speeds bud formation, and shaves off a week of bloom. fastest harvest yet., and heaviest. (POG looks like 2lbs).

Last edited:
B

Brain

Congrats on the harvest. Whats up for the next round?

Last edited:
N

Neptune

That will be all for my growshows for a while.
I will be steping down and taking a backseat..

Thanks to all who have stopped in over the grows!
:wave:

PS. I will occasionally update the SSHxc99 grow, they are entering bloom today -- day 0. Promise is a promise ;)

G

Neptune said:
That will be all for my growshows for a while.
I will be steping down and taking a backseat..

Thanks to all who have stopped in over the grows!
:wave:

PS. I will occasionally update the SSHxc99 grow, they are entering bloom today -- day 0. Promise is a promise ;)

Weak.. Oh well, the ability to take a backseat means you did alright in the drivers seat ;) I will say this, with no hesitation - be a Backseat Driver at all times. In the past i've been too busy to drive and more than once, allowed somebody else to steer things into a brick wall :biglaugh:

Enjoy yourself and, if possible, drop in enough to check your pm's. Later man :wave:

G

I also use a sulfur burner but before that I used Bonide fruit tree spray. I applied this stuff onto leaves during veg without any negative affects and around the base of the plant and on the hydroton during flowering. Killed PM on contact and with a week of daily application it prevented it from ever coming back for the remainder of the grow. Even though I use sulfur yet I still will use some on the hydroton surface as a preventive measure. I bought a Qt of it and it only needs 2 tsp / gallon of water. Just remember sulfur needs to be stopped after bud starts forming.