What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

(>-_-)> Neptune's Moving Castle <(-_-<)

N

Neptune

43 Days Bloom

43 Days Bloom

PH 6.0 PPM 750

I added a 50pint Dehumidifier, and it is cranking away.. I hope to beat the budrot this time. I usually lose an ounce or three to rot, so it'll be worth it if it keeps the rot out!

Well I can say I am very pleased with the c99 and POG both this run, The Chunk is stupidly bad. Grows like The HOG did for me on my previous DWC grow -- spindly buds and ever stretching branches... never stops stretching, buds keep hairy and airy, 100% trash. Just goes to show, run a tester before implementing a whole light's worth.

Here's Pot of Gold...
9807pog43d4.JPG

9807pog43d3.JPG

9807pog43d2.JPG

9807pog43d.JPG

c99
9807c9943d.JPG

9807c9943d2.JPG

The nugs are the most dense of any I have grown, the co2 is really noticeable... even the c99 is firm, which is not typical for c99.

pico

Veteran
What was your humidity before you installed the dehumidifier? What is it after? I have 2 dehumidifiers going in my room to keep me around 50%. I don't have any intakes though because it is a sealed room. Hooray for CO2

nice fatty buds you have there.

G

beautifully done as usual Neptune. :) I picked up some pog from sr71, atleast the label said hk x sk 1. I was tempted to try it out after seeing how they look on your threads. Keep it up please!

MID TOWN

DAMN NEPTUNE, the POt of GOLD looks like it's been diped in sugar and that C99 really packin on the weight. your gonna have a great harvest in a few weeks.

peace

N

Neptune

Thanks folks!

Pico, it was 70% + during night hours, now funning full boar it's 50%. Still too high imo. I would like to see 40%, but this room is not sealed... so it's a constant battle.

sbaegis, the SR71 hkXsk#1 may or may not be the same... but I have so far heard glowing reviews of that clone. I'd love to see it grown out. They also have a very good AK47 pheno right now... would love to try her out. The previous One I grew was from BPG and it was shit.

G

I hope it looks atleast as good as yours. Got that ak in the next lineup as well, ill get pics.

pico

Veteran
Hell my sealed room will only go down to 45% when I have 3 dehumidifiers running at night. well 2 dehumidifiers and my AC on dehumidify mode. I am underground though and I think the bricks let moisture in.

N

Neptune

Pico,

there is also an osmosis effect of low RH environemtns. The low humidity in the air will cause moisture to leach out of anything and everything with moisture inside the room, suchas resevoirs, plants, wood, maybe even bricks... etc. So, I think there is a point of diminishing returns on dehumidification. I do not believe I would ever be able to get my room to 30% humidity, even with five 65 pint machines... It would just suck the jesus out of my plants, and my walls...

sbaegis, share the pics man! :)

pico

Veteran
I just try to keep mine between 40%-60% with plenty of air circulation. No problems yet.

The other interesting thing is that if you have really high humidity you will have to have a higher EC nutrient strength than a RH enviornment because the plant is not transpiring as much. I remember reading this somewhere.

N

Neptune

Day 51 Bloom

Day 51 Bloom

Folks,

We are just across week 7, and I think I will be cutting at week 8 on the dot, 56 days. Earliest chop yet... but they are riper than ever before at this point. Whatever I did this time shaved off a week of bloom.... pretty cool. That and the mold(Powdery Mildew) is getting so bad, I can't bare to look at them anymore. Note to self, never buy clones from clubs again, they are almost always unhealthy.

First, the Pot of Gold. Looking like my best run yet...

9807pog51d5.JPG

9807pog51d4.JPG

9807pog51d3.JPG

9807pog51d2.JPG

9807pog51d1.JPG

And the C99, The PM culprit. These plants are 100% overtaken by PM. Fucking CARE cuts, man... this really pisses me off, cuz the POG is now infested too... and it has spread (via me) to my mother's and clones for next run... gona be some work to clean that shit up... Bastards!

c99
9807c9951d1.JPG

9807c9951d2.JPG

And NOTE, if you look closely at the c99 pics, there is a plant on the left (in both pics) that is not the same bud structure, not the same smell, not the same god damn strain...It looks like it will need another 2-3 weeks.. FUCK THE CLUBS!!!

B

Brain

Man, get yourself a sulfur burner and you'll never lose another bud. Other than the PM they look really good, and massive. C99 must be more suseptable to PM than others. I know Purple varities resist it well. This is the time of year the PM comes the hardest. It's constant battle but if you use a sulfur burner periodically, it never becomes a major issue. I burn sulfer up to the 4th week of flowering if I think they need it.

G

sorry about your PM problems man... atleast everything else is happy looking =]

MID TOWN

lookin good other than the PM. I know what you mean about the clubs, I've gottten PM, white flies, and spidermites from there. You gotta spray the shit out of em with safers and some form of PM control as soon as you get em home or it WILL spread.

N

Neptune

hey folks, thanks for the notes.

I will be definatly buying a sulfer burner for next winter's crops. Summer, it won't be a problem. As for the Overdrive, who knows. I do have some very firm nuggets this time around, but I'm blaming the CO2 for that, as the nuggest were already firm and larger than normal, before adding any Overdrive. Overdrive may have helped, this was not a controlled experiment, so there is really no way to tell. The PM seems to have affected the c99 the hardest indeed, whilest the POG just has spotted leaves, no buds are contacted at this point, it is resisting full blown infestation very well... only needs to live another 3-4 days before chop. The C99 will have to be taken early, even the buds are getting contacted now, and that is not cool.

Meanwhile, I have hooked a hose up to my dehumidifier and it is working 24/7 now, dumping fresh water into my reservoirs... cool! I did cut 2 POG main colas for Budrot, they are massive. The budrot had just set in, and I was able to remove the infected parts, which were minimal. Good thing to be able to keep an eye on your crop at these stages... I clip the rot as I see it, pushing the buds to ripeness while holding off the mold. The loss is unavoidable it seems, for me, but is usually managable to 1-2 ounces per crop... if that. so far, It's around 10 grams... and they have 4 more days to go. This may be a POG thing, becuase it does grow some of the densest and largest colas I have seen in my garden. I am sure there are some better large producing strains that resist mold nicely, but the POG smoke is where it's at... potency is very high on this clone.

finish report is next up

Chili_berkster

Badass
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"I will be definatly buying a sulfer burner for next winter's crops. Summer, it won't be a problem."
I must dissagree, PM won't just go away in the summer. In fact, until you address this issue, it will be in your op forever. The spores are everywhere. You have invested so much into your op. Now you must (MUST) drop another benjamin on this kit. This is an issue I have experience in nep... Go get the burner before your next crop. Also: toking mold spores is bad for your lungs. Your room is full of PM mold spores. I would also highly suggest wearing some sort of respiration device. PM has potential to make you sick as fuck. Don't take this problem lightly or you will be sorry. Good luck

N

Neptune

Thanks for the words berk, I will heed your advice.
Benjamins are hard to hold onto in this game... damn :(