What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

800W CMH and 400W HPS Perpetual

The Great Death v. II

The Great Death v. II

So I opened my tent to find 1000 dead ladybugs (at least), it probably would have been a good idea to turn off my oscillating fans.....

Here are some pics of Gonzo taken at day 45:
picture.php

picture.php

Jack Herer day 21:
picture.php

picture.php

I hope you had a better 4/20 then I did, I spent most of my day dealing with root aphids in my veg tent...... :fsu:

JamieShoes

Father, Carer, Toker, Sharer
Veteran
damn lady bugs sound like wimps mate :(

best of luck with the other creepies...

looking forward to more from the "Gonz"

haha Jaime yeah they are.... I feel kinda sorry for them, them remind me of Lemmings! Some are stuck to sticky traps and most probably flew into fans.... So many are upside down littering the floor of my tent; time to break out my shop-vac! Ah well, hopefully they ate a little before they died or laid some eggs or whatever they do!

I'll keep the Gonzo updates coming, she is really filling in!

Phylloxera!?!

Phylloxera!?!

Sooooooooo, anyone heard of these Phylloxera aka root aphids aka root mites? I have these in my veg tent (and some recently transferred flowering plants) and they are spreading/multiplying FAST! Last night I bombed but since these things live in the soil it didn't put a dent in them. I am going to try Zero Tolerance after calling their company and getting soil drench instructions. They recommend 1 part ZT and 2-3 parts water, I will try the more diluted solution on one plant and the strong solution on another plant and observe. I am taking everything down to cutting, they are in my mothers and everything. I am even building a new cloner and placing all of my new cuts in a new area for the week while I bleach, bomb, bleach and who knows what else.... I am even putting Diatomacious Earth on my carpet and vacuuming, these little mofo's gotta go!

I have done some research into these little bastards and it seems they are native to areas with grapes and have done terrible damage to the grape industry several times. The reading I have done on this site says to strip everything down since this is a tough battle to win, so I will try the soil drench and hope my cuttings root. If I had a camera that could zoom better I would take pics, but these things are tiny and are related to aphids.

These things rode in on a clone I bought I think, and I separated it and neemed it 2x before placing it in with the others. The problem is that these things live in the soil so I guess I will start to soil drench all new clones or go to seed growing....

Thanks Jaime.... Bombed, bleached everything, soil drenched all my Veg plants with Zero Tolerance and will bomb again in 2 more days using Pyrethrum and no signs of survivors yet.

Today I strip down my flowering chamber to do the same..... Bleach and soil drench time! Damn it's much more time consuming a process than I thought!

I have even sprinkled Diatomacious Earth all over the house and vacuumed it up to get any crawlers that I missed or who have moved on. What a pain in the arse these things are!

JamieShoes

Father, Carer, Toker, Sharer
Veteran
I know just what you mean mate... its a feckin 'orrible job. all that getting dressed up to do it too, goggles n face mask etc... its a pain in the arse and no mistake eh mate..

still it sounds like you're well on top of things... don't give em a chance :smile:

Well, it seems many of my veg plants didn't like the Zero Tolerance at full strength.... My smaller plants are wilting like they are thirsty, but the soil is still wet so I am worried the oils in the ZT may be stopping the roots from absorbing water or nutes. I lost about 1/2 of my veg plants but do not see any of more bugs.....

Jaime- Are you flushing your plants yet?

Blue Dream and Flo

Blue Dream and Flo

I'm liking the way the Blue Dream is flushing, I figured I should share with yall: Day 58

picture.php

Flo-pre harvest (Damn it's sticky and I like the earthy hashy smell)

picture.php

I've had better updates!

I've had better updates!

I've had a busy couple weeks as I was dealing with bugs.... I lost most of my veg plants: Coral Reef, Blue Dream, OG Kush, SSH, F-13, Sour Bubble, G-13, Jack Herer and a couple others because of root aphids but the bugs seem to be dead. :fsu:

Oh well, my lesson learned was doing a root drench to new clones as well as neeming or just grow seeds. I'm starting some Williams Wonder from Rez tomorrow as well as Blue Sat v2 x Grape Krush freebies and mabey some ice seeds to find some keepers to get my veg tent going again as I run a perpetual and I dont like having gaps! I also recently started using budswell and my plants are responding quite well to it.

Here's another Blue Dream pic, just looking at this plant brightens my mood a bit.
picture.php

picture.php

Updated list:
G-13-day 66
Jacks Cleaner 2- 64
Blue Dream- 60
Gonzo topped- 54
Blue Madness topped- 52
Blue Moon Rocks- 52
Warlock topped- 49
Sour Bubble topped in smart pot- 45
Jacks Cleaner 2 FIM'd- 43
Sour Diesel topped in smart pot- 42
Cheese topped- 34
Jack Herer topped monster-30
Hashberry- 30
Church- 22
G-13topped- 17
Blue Cheese topped-12 (doing experiment with one in smart pot and one in regular plastic pot for comparison)
Chem Dog 91topped- day 0 as placed in flowering today but wasn't 12/12

I'll leave yall with a pic of 1/2 of Agent Orange (smells yummy and was quite a yielder)
picture.php

SkunkyDemon

Thats a sweet looking girl! Those colors are cool as hell. Looks like youll have your hands full too. Nice lineup of strains.hmmmm
Peace

Hey Solarz, you wanna see some Warlock, here ya go!

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

I'm really liking the smell this plant is putting off, kinda sweet and kinda skunky at the same time, almost intoxicating kinda smell.

solarz

I like the look of the buds on that plant...but it looks NOTHING like my warlock lady...lol. How long has that plant been flowering? And do you by chance know the "suggested" length of time to keep the warlock flowering? All of the previous descriptions of Warlock have gone away. Thanks for the pics bro...i also posted some recent pics of my warlock over in the Magus subforum. Let me know what you think.

solarz

Hey again Solarz! In the Big Book of Buds it shows Warlocks flowering time as 55 to 60 days total. I like to check my trichs as it seems the flowering times that are listed in books are a little shorter then is required by my set-up. I will probably be pulling it around day 65 or when I have about 25 percent amber trichs.

Hey Skunky thanks for stoppin by again, here's some more pics of the other ladies:

Jack's Cleaner 2 day 65 close up (I wish yall could see the trichs but this camera doesnt do it justice:
picture.php

picture.php

Sour Diesel day 43:
picture.php

Hashberry day 31:
picture.php

Church day 23 and 24:
picture.php

picture.php

Chem Dog 91 day 0: This girl has been through a lot, I hope she makes it!
picture.php

solarz

Hey again Solarz! In the Big Book of Buds it shows Warlocks flowering time as 55 to 60 days total. I like to check my trichs as it seems the flowering times that are listed in books are a little shorter then is required by my set-up. I will probably be pulling it around day 65 or when I have about 25 percent amber trichs.

Not sure if it mentions it in there...but i remember reading straight from the breeder himself, that he suggests taking the warlock not too long after the quoted harvest date, to maintain the high it was breed to have. Now i'm not exactly sure what this high is, but i do remember reading that from him. Just thought i'd mention it. I'm going to keep an eye on this, since you are around that time. Mine are on day 40 and i will start checking trichs in about 15 days...then harvest accordingly. Looking good though.

like i said in the other post...your buds look like they smell (as described by you, and how mine smell..i wish they looked like yours. LOL)

solarz

Natagonnaworrie

If you love life, don't waste time. For time is wh
Veteran
really loving your blue dream! i have been lurking around looking for grows of her to see what i might be in for... i hope mine comes out as good as yours. nice color, looks like a good yield. i hope the high is clear. mine is looking a little more sativa tho (in veg). i think we got it in the same place... Harborside if i am not mistaken?

anyway, great grow / read. its like a grow / strain guide in one.

thanks!

+ rep.

SkunkyDemon

Sweet pics! I realy like the way those ladies look, I bet they smell awesome. I hope youll post a smoke report on them ;). I have Jacks beans , just havent had the time to pop them. After looking at yours I just may find the time lol. Keep those sweet pics coming!!
Peace